Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Jagged Alliance is now owned by Nordic Games

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nordic Games has made a few more additions to its intellectual property lineup. The company today announced that it had acquired an assortment of IP from bitComposer Entertainment AG, headlined by the PC strategy franchise Jagged Alliance.

In addition to Jagged Alliance, Nordic now owns license and distribution rights to Panzer Tactics HD, North and South, Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams, Citadels, and Bridge Project.

"The decision to acquire Jagged Alliance was an absolute no-brainer for us," Nordic business and product development director Reinhard Pollice said. "The other titles in said acquisition coupled with the license- and distribution rights to other IPs are a great opportunity to further expand our range of games."

Since the beginning of 2014, Nordic has been active on the IP acquisition front, grabbing adventure games from dtp Entertainment, Desperadoes and Silver from Atari, and a host of THQ properties including Darksiders, Red Faction, the MX series, de Blob, and the THQ trademark itself.

Nordic becomes the latest in a long line of Jagged Alliance stewards. It takes over from bitComposer Games, which acquired the rights from Strategy First, which gained rights to the franchise from now-defunct original publisher Sir-Tech Software.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-08-05-nordic-buys-jagged-alliance

Can we expect a new JA game by Grimlore Games?

spectre

Arcane
So, yet another time the IP gets bought off by a company with little to no promising track record. Hurray, I suppose.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who are these guys? Have they made anything turn based and good?

Athelas

Arcane
Isn't Nordic mostly a publishing house? They seem to have treated all the new IP's they have acquired quite well, so that may bode well for Jagged Alliance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're still new in the business, started out by buying up a bunch of IPs from the bankrupt JoWooD around 2011. Hobgoblin's company is their first in-house development studio I think

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
gimme JA3 in the Silent Storm 2 engine and that's the last JA game I'll need.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Not that we had any hope left last time. But this time it's beyond silly. banal shit boring

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A good opportunity to complete JA:BiA and make a decent JA. Unfortunately a little late.

Late how? Do you already know of another developer who's started making a JA game? As far as we know, they've only bought the IP...so you could use it later.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
In the meantime, at Full Control: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback/posts/1324813

Nordic Games

In recent news, the Jagged Alliance IP has been picked up by Nordic Games. They bought it out from the bitComposer bankruptcy company, which brings hope to all us fans of the IP.

http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php...agged_alliance_and_other_ips_from_bitcomposer

It will not have immediate effect on JAF other than the possibility of sales bundling with Nordic Games and their super strong catalogue of games.

Creator Full Control 3 days ago
Chris K - yeah. Just owning the IP doesnt mean that its going to be used for anything or new games. Nordic has a large collection of THQ IP as well that isnt being used for anything, so no one but them knows.

And lets just agree to, that the JA hardcore crowd is not easy to satisfy with anything that isnt a full blown AAA budget game. And that the product "demanded" is not going to be very commercial viable / very risky. Very unfortunate and makes me slightly worried too about the IP and its future.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
And lets just agree to, that the JA hardcore crowd is not easy to satisfy with anything that isnt a full blown AAA budget game.

I'm impressed at how simultaneously snarky and insecure this comment is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom