Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Internet DRAMA alert! Kathode on the Oblivion screens

Twinfalls

Erudite
TheGreatGodPan said:
I'm going to assume that picture is a joke.

It's the real deal, TGGP, the real deal!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
kathode said:
Just FYI, I took down my pinned thread. It turns out the whole drama isn't as.... um, dramatic as was originally thought :)

Damnit, Kathode. Can you FedEx those Russians a box of dog crap or something labelled "Oblivion Review Edition"? That would scale the drama back up to full swing.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Betheseda is in serious trouble then. I think they know the copyright laws well enough to know using artwork from another game is illegal. At least, I think thats the gun from the Painkiller Demo I played. But I don't doubt that the screenshot is really Fallout 3!!!

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
...there ARE no screenshots from Fallout 3. Hate to break it to you, Greatatlantic, but that's a Photoshop :)

Greatatlantic

Erudite
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
...there ARE no screenshots from Fallout 3. Hate to break it to you, Greatatlantic, but that's a Photoshop :)

Oh yeah, would a photoshop use the same background as released screenshot for Oblivion? Would a photoshop use an interface taken from Van Buren? And need I mention the gun straight from Painkiller? This is no photoshop! Say what you have to say for legal reasons, but don't treat me like an naive child!

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Did you know that if you spell "naive" backwards, you get "Evian"? Things that make you go, "hmmm..."

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Did you know that if you spell "naive" backwards, you get "Evian"? Things that make you go, "hmmm..."

heh It's amusing that I was just watching some George Carlin, and he was doing his whole Evian bit. Good stuff.

Vigor

Novice
How much I know, at 1C not was the rights to give this copy AG.ru for превью since this copy has been intended only for localization, i.e. translation (by the way, it is possible from for it it has been poorly adjusted technically - is not necessary to translators of the schedule). Kathode (one of developers) has told that hardly the contract with 1æ ordered similar actions from their party though precisely to tell it is impossible. Kathode, however, has calmed down all this sensation at an official forum. And enabling to make continuation превью is will solve, most likely, Пит Хайнс. Here a porridge have made, well in most have put there was a misunderstanding simply a photo it was necessary to do on full adjustments, instead of on minimal or even averages.

P.S Excuse for mistakes at a writing it it is caused by bad knowledge of language .

match000

Novice
Vigor said:
How much I know, at 1C not was the rights to give this copy AG.ru for превью since this copy has been intended only for localization, i.e. translation (by the way, it is possible from for it it has been poorly adjusted technically - is not necessary to translators of the schedule). Kathode (one of developers) has told that hardly the contract with 1æ ordered similar actions from their party though precisely to tell it is impossible. Kathode, however, has calmed down all this sensation at an official forum. And enabling to make continuation превью is will solve, most likely, Пит Хайнс. Here a porridge have made, well in most have put there was a misunderstanding simply a photo it was necessary to do on full adjustments, instead of on minimal or even averages.

P.S Excuse for mistakes at a writing it it is caused by bad knowledge of language .

anata wa nani wo hanashimashitaka?

watashi wa wakarimasen

Vigor

Novice
If you're wondering what happened with that Russian site that posted the screenshots and preview over the past couple days:
The preview that appeared on the Russian gaming site AG.ru was based on a build that was not intended or set up for demonstration purposes. The screenshots very clearly show visual inconsistencies resulting from non-finalized content and incorrect configuration settings. As such, please do not spread them around or post links on this forum to places where they can be found. Thanks

In Russia forums no to swear !!!
And you known one Russia word a ?

Eclecticist

Liturgist
Yes over moon, but fuck, Russia to twelve!
You got no jiggy?!

I hate love you!

P.S. Foreigners unite for world dominate

slash213

Novice
2Eclecticist: hey, can you talk our language? No? And we are trying to talk your language! So shut up and show some respect. Vigor is trying to inform you what happened with "that Russian site".

Twinfalls

Erudite
1091086207002fm.gif

throttlekitty

Novice
So... If the pics are from a Localization crew, why is Everything still in english?
And after seeing the lizard with boobs and human hands, I'm afraid to see what they've done to the Khajiit for this installment.

Hi, i'm throttlekitty, a lurker.

Eclecticist

Liturgist
slash213 said:
2Eclecticist: hey, can you talk our language? No? And we are trying to talk your language! So shut up and show some respect. Vigor is trying to inform you what happened with "that Russian site".

I humbly apologise.

Balor

Arcane
Hey Vigor, пошли мне свои посты приватом, и я их переведу... не автопереводчиком, а сам :Р.
Впрочем, если ты не являешься официальным представителем 1С, и это типа официальное заявление (в чем я соменваюсь - неужели 1С не смогла найти чела со знанием английского выше детского школы) то эта инфа уже устарела. Катод это уже постил выше.

And keep in mind, it's english-language forums... you are a guest here, so you'd better respect it's rules.

Вот что произошло с одним английским придурком, (scottishtiger) который вперся в Русский LJ:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/onepamop/240305.html
Его имя было увековечено в веках выражением "Учи Албанский!".
Не хочешь повторить его участь? :D

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Wasn absurder link.. betrunkene Russinnen die noch alle Klamotten anhaben!? Da geht er dahin, der jahrelang schwer erkämpfte Ruf des Landes. LOL
Ausserdem sollte hier echt nur in Boardsprache geschrieben werden, ist doch albern sonst!

Balor

Arcane
Yea, it's a bit absurd, but based on his knowledge of English, he may not understand me otherwise :P

Atrokkus

Erudite
ROFLW ROFLMAO!!!

THis Vigor just copy-pasted and program-translated my post from AG.ru forums (I mean the first of his posts)!

Well, as you may have guessed, I just explained the situation to our russian comrades there, stating that that build was not intended for demo purposes and all that.

The "conflict" is over now, AG.ru crew already talked to the Bethesda superiors (Pete HInes, Steve Meister, Gevin Carter), and they stated that the company has nothing against AG.ru now, and that all this was just a misunderstanding.

So, there is a huge chance that preview part 2 will be posted soon.

Chefe

Erudite
Any chance to upload the build on a torrent?

And since non-English seems to be quite popular in this thread... Es tiempo para usted morir!!

Atrokkus

Erudite
Any chance to upload the build on a torrent?
Highly unlikely. If such thing happens, AG.ru sure gonna get some hell on its ass, and that's a VERY bad thing for this site. Plus, it might leave some dirt on 1C's reputation, which is also unacceptable. They'll guard this demo as a friggin' Grail, and rightly so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom