Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Internet DRAMA alert! Kathode on the Oblivion screens

Severe-Critic

Novice
Chefe said:
Severe-Critic said:
Chefe, lol... Clown. I believe, you write such stupid things about Russian gamers, becauce of envy to us... It doesn't make you a credit.

It was a joke. ;)
Sorry, offer your apologies. To tell you the truth, I don't well understand jokes in English ;)

Frau Bishop

Erudite
These screens are illegal?! Like in "crime" and "go to jail?" Holy interplay cow! This sucks!
The www sure isnt the safe and clean place it was years ago. If it could just get like it was in the good old days, when everything here was clean and controlled by companies und huge corporations, funny with lots of awesome animated ads with even more awesome sound!!11 Nowadays, only illegal crap, terrible it is. :cry:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Frau Bishop said:
These screens are illegal?! Like in "crime" and "go to jail?" Holy interplay cow! This sucks!
Yes, it is illegal. Please remain where you are, your IP has been logged, and proper authorities are on their way.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ohhh... I missed all the new screens. :(

At least I know it's going to run like shit on my PC so I can do a Morrowind - hold off for a year or two, buy a new PC and then buy Oblviion to go with it.

I'll learn my lesson from Morrowind too and download some of the mods first so I'm not completely bored to death by it. On the list are:
  • Mounted Combat;
  • Horses inside major towns;
  • More people in towns;
  • Added weapons;
  • New skills for added weapons;
  • More PC Oriented Interface;
  • Anything that makes the dialogue better (presuming dialogue sucks as much as expected);
  • Anything that makes the main plot less linear and more interesting (presuming the main plot is as linear as expected).
  • Added quests and the like (though being a GOTY edition, I expect there'll be at least two expansion packs by the time I pick it up).

LlamaGod

Cipher
I've never seen a game with so much THSI SI ILLEGAL!11 crapola associated with it.

ExMonk

Scholar
Just registered, but have been reading your news section for some time. Question: It's obvious that you despise many aspects of Oblivion. What computer rpg IS good in your opinion? And I don't assume that you all will agree. Just curious.

kathode

Novice
Developer
Just FYI, I took down my pinned thread. It turns out the whole drama isn't as.... um, dramatic as was originally thought :)

Chefe

Erudite
AWESOME!!!!1

Now can I post my leaked demo? Plllluuueehhhzzeee?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Just FYI, I took down my pinned thread. It turns out the whole drama isn't as.... um, dramatic as was originally thought
Tell me: was 1C permitted then to give this copy to AG.ru for previewing?
Will Ag.ru crew be permitted to make preview part 2?
*edit*
whoops, just checked the preview section of ag.ru, seems that preview was banned as well...

kathode

Novice
Developer
mEtaLL1x said:
Just FYI, I took down my pinned thread. It turns out the whole drama isn't as.... um, dramatic as was originally thought
Tell me: was 1C permitted then to give this copy to AG.ru for previewing?
Will Ag.ru crew be permitted to make preview part 2?

I seriously doubt any contract we had with 1C permitted them to show off the game at will to any press they wanted, but I haven't seen it myself so I don't know. I don't deal with localization, thank goodness.

The second one is up to Pete Hines to decide.

Chefe

Erudite
Jinxed said:
I'm wondering why no one raised the red flag when the Fallout 3 screenshot got posted on a few sites a while back.

I laughed when I clicked on the link... but now I'm sad. :(

Micmu

Magister
Because people are scared.
E: Such "screenshot" is like scratching inverted swastikas on the gravestones of holocaust victims. FPS :)

Drakron

Arcane
Of course that is, a decent UI that looks to be mouse driven give it away.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Drakron said:
Of course that is, a decent UI that looks to be mouse driven give it away.

Well, it was from an unconfigured build that was meant to be used for something other than playing it.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Well, that sure made me laugh.

It's just a photoshopped Oblivion screenshot, though.

"OMG LOL FALLOUT3 SI OBLIVOIN WIT GUNZ!!!!1"

Shagnak

Shagadelic
jiujitsu said:
It's just a photoshopped Oblivion screenshot, though.
No its not, I played the leaked alpha and it has combined innovashuns from both the TES series and Fallout 2 like talking Cliffracers and guns n shit. And a cybernetic Pack-Guar cunningly called Mogdeat. Honest.

Chefe

Erudite
Listen THE LEAKED ALPHA VERSIONS ARE NOT WHAT THE GAME IS GOING TO BE LIKE!!!!

Sheesh, when will you people get it?? I'm reporting this to the Bethesda forum moderators NOW! You'll be in big trouble when they SUE YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!

LONG LIVE FALLBILIVION!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom