Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you're a REAL PvPer, you'll play DarkFall, nooobs.

vrok

Liturgist
Since you asked for it I'll gladly supply: This game is fucking vaporware until beta proves otherwise.

Thank you for your time. Bye.

Tiliqua

Liturgist
I'm with you DarkSign, WoW PvP would only seem good to newcomers to the genre. WoW is derivitive, as all who have played EQ realize, I'm sure that after 6 mths of grinding combined with meaningless PvP most people will feel sullied and many will drop out.

Darkfall certainly sounds as though it is worth checking out because as most experienced mmo gamers realize, it's that meaningful PvP is probably the best fun you can ever have on a computer game. Of course Eve Online currently offers fantastic PvP, but if you're not interested in a space sim DarkFall may well hit the spot.

vrok

Liturgist
If you think Eve is a space sim you certainly don't know much about space, or physics. Feel free to flaunt your ignorant views on WoW and its players though, I mean who are they to argue with you? You're the hardcore MMO player and if you say MMO's should be boring endless grinds with yoyo-zoning PvP like Eve, that's how it should be! I mean you even played EQ - the most boring game ever made, you deserve to call the shots! Who cares if anyone else likes it! Right?

Players like you are the reason most MMO's have gameplay as complicated and engaging as a shoehorn. Ignorant bastards.

DarkSign

Erudite
Kettle, Pot calling on line 5.

You're honestly defending WoW as the last bastion of MMO sophistication? And you really believe that seriously?

If we follow your "lots of people find it fun" bullshit then Eve must automatically be great. The fans are rabid and enjoy their pvp.

And by the way...Eve bills itself as a space sim. So go sit with Sarvis at the kiddy table.

vrok

Liturgist
The answer to your question is no, actually. But I already answered that before.

That however doesn't stop Eve from sucking which is what the post was about. Eve can call itself a giant pink turd for all I care, still doesn't make it a space sim though. Only reason you even posted is because I mentioned WoW, even though it had nothing to do with how terrible a game Eve is. By mentioning it again I presume you'll just post another lame response containing nothing but hate. Predictable.

To clarify, Eve is a god awful game with "fantastic" yoyo-zoning PvP, an endless grind for money and standing, terrible interface, extremely terrible character(spaceship) control, and character progression that's only determined by how many months they managed to fool you into paying for nothing. And that has NOTHING to do with how good or bad any other game including WoW is.

So if only a newcomer would enjoy WoW's PvP I'd have to say only a retarded homo would enjoy Eve's, since I think the opposite and the opposite of me is a retarded homo. It's equally true/false anyway.

DarkSign

Erudite
This thread derailed when you blathered off about shit we all already know: MMOs hype themselves too much and arent sure to be released until they actually do.

The thing is you showed your noobness in order to get your point across. You brought the hate...so sit and fry in it.

vrok

Liturgist
Congratulations on declaring your own thread a pointless hype thread. Just for that, I'll forgive you for the lame n00b comment and suck it up like a man. $3.50 says you have to have the last word anyway though.

DarkSign

Erudite
Interesting characterization....entirely wrong...but interesting nonetheless.

I said "it got derailed"..implying that there was an actual decent conversation going before the derailment.

If this proves your "last word" theory...hope it helps you grow your epeen.

Tiliqua

Liturgist
Well Vrok the thread got derailed when you made your first post about Darkfall and I partially quote:

In the meantime WoW is still the only MMO that's even slightly entertaining after the "free" month.

You slagged off at DarkFall as being Vaporware yada yada, and then made these assine comments about how great WoW is. You're a WoW fanboi like I'm an Eve fanboi, get over it. Too bad people have hurt your feelings about what a hyped pos WoW is, personally I'm rapt that WoW has got so many new people playing a mmo, the fact that it's a grindfest is something you'll just have to come to grips with. Hopefully lots of dissillusioned WoW players will come over to the Eve universe.

You know I love Eve so much I don't care that some people don't like it. It's not a game for everyone but for those who like space sims with a player economy and player political structure and brilliant PvP; a mmo without grinding, then Eve is the bomb. But if people don't like it I don't give a rats arse. If WoW is so great you should feel the same way, without having to indulge yourself in long rants because someone dared to bag your favourite game.

vrok

Liturgist
If you're so fucking psychic you would know that I'm not a fanboy of WoW, I cancelled, for basically the same reasons DarkSign mentioned. The only reason I brought it up was because he bashed it while glorifying a game that does not exist and generally making shit up. Which is pretty fucking ignorant. "Hype" is what it's called. Look it up. Maybe you should work a little more on your mental powers, or at least learn to read. Then you might even notice I didn't bring WoW to this thread. It's mentioned in the first post of this thread, and the second. Oh and while you're excercising your braincells maybe you should look up the word fanboy. It doesn't mean what you're implying it does.

Next time you might want to chew some mentats before straining your brain like that. Please continue this pointless thread though by making up random shit and claiming Darkfall will be the best game ever. I will not be participating however. Good luck.

DarkSign

Erudite
Good. With your boring bullshit out of the way perhaps people who are actually interested in the game can discuss.

I didnt make one fact up, 'tardo boy. At the most I have faith in a game thats not out there yet. And your dumb ass defended a game that's indfensable.

Will someone respond that's actually interested in the game?

Human Shield

Augur
There is still a lot of unknowns and probably important infomation that is hidden deep in the forums or interview archives.

The devs haven't decided yet on a lot of important issues too. And to get the features they want, it is going to be in development hell forever. So glad they felt like taking the time to handcraft the huge world and make spells (wasting time to compete with more popular MMORPGs) instead of focusing on gameplay mechanics and unique elements.

How does reputation and building work?

Avé

Liturgist
Tiliqua said:
but for those who like space sims with a player economy and player political structure and brilliant PvP; a mmo without grinding, then Eve is the bomb. But if people don't like it I don't give a rats arse. If WoW is so great you should feel the same way, without having to indulge yourself in long rants because someone dared to bag your favourite game.
How is EVE a space sim?

Oh and they replaced time grind with real money grind, instead of spending time levelling, you send them €15 per month while you wait for skills to train.

You may prefer your grind to be monetarily based, doesnt mean there is no grinding.

Btw, DarkSign got owned in this thread, all he could do was ad hominem attacks on Vrok, and only reply to the parts of his posts where he mentioned World of Warcraft(and despite saying he could explain why WoW sucked, he never really did, just ranted about how good hardcore PVP games were, and that if you werent playing a specific MMOG 5 or 6 years ago, you're nothing when it comes to MMO's)

I'm very dissapointed DS, I expected more from you :(

DarkSign

Erudite
Avè said:
Btw, DarkSign got owned in this thread, all he could do was ad hominem attacks on Vrok, and only reply to the parts of his posts where he mentioned World of Warcraft(and despite saying he could explain why WoW sucked, he never really did, just ranted about how good hardcore PVP games were, and that if you werent playing a specific MMOG 5 or 6 years ago, you're nothing when it comes to MMO's)

I'm very dissapointed DS, I expected more from you :(

Rewind. There was no ownage here.

First of all, while I listed the MMOs that I have played, I didnt say anyone had to play all those to be able to have a good opinion of MMOs. Find me the quote where I say that. What I inferred was that playing those had given me better insight into what a good MMO was.

Second, you're jumping on the same lame red herring about "hardcore" that vrok did.

Third, both Sisay and I list multiple reasons why WoW sucks. Go back and read.

Yeah, no ownage.

Ryuken

Liturgist
DarkSign said:
Another video has been released (two months ago?) that showed a full city siege and it looked pretty damn good.
Do you have a link perhaps? Couldn't find it over google besides that video I mentioned.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You know that 'arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics' image? There needs to be one about pvp in mmorpgs is like two retarded phalidimide babys having an arm wrestling contest...

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
This video I am assuming.

And lawl at this quote.

Darkfall is a well funded, fully staffed and supported project. Production has been stepped up since the last development report and right now we're going stronger than ever. Any speculation to the contrary is completely false. Not only are we fully committed to producing and supporting Darkfall, but we're fully committed to doing it without cutting any corners.

And, of course, the complimentary image.

EDIT:

Wow, not only are there Elves but they are jumping around like crack rabbits. :shock:

Avé

Liturgist
DarkSign said:
Rewind. There was no ownage here.

First of all, while I listed the MMOs that I have played, I didnt say anyone had to play all those to be able to have a good opinion of MMOs. Find me the quote where I say that. What I inferred was that playing those had given me better insight into what a good MMO was.
". Darkfall producers have said they want to bring back the feeling of pre-Trammel UO.
If you dont know what that means, how could I possibly think you have an informed opinion of what great MMO experiences are? If you do, then you know that means risk, character equipment not being the center of your character, and increased teamwork for your guild past over what WoW can give you. "

Owned again bitch

"Second, you're jumping on the same lame red herring about "hardcore" that vrok did."
Want me to list the multiple times you slammed people who liked WoW's PVP?

Third, both Sisay and I list multiple reasons why WoW sucks. Go back and read.

Yeah, no ownage.
I remember you saying wow's pvp was shit, anyone who liked it had obviously never played any hardcore MMO's before, how because pvp had no risk it sucked, and more along the same line.
Nothing of any substance.

I have plenty of friends who have been playing MMO's for 5+ years, and love wow's PVP and been playing it since release, and still loving it.

You're a stupid elitist fuck if you think only mmo noobs can like the PVP, or only people who never played "hardcore" pvp mmo's before.

DarkSign

Erudite
I didnt say anyone had to play all those games

Uhm in your haste to flame you neglected to get the impact of the word ALL.

When did I say that you had to play every single MMO I did in order to have an opinion? I didnt.
So sit the fuck down with your pwned bullshit.

Second of all, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Im sure there are veteran pvpers who like WoW pvp. I know several of them in fact. Guys that would rape any guild you could come up with if you could make a dream team of pvpers.

You're confused if you think Im saying people cant enjoy it. Im not arguing that. Im arguing that the PvP system sucks, not whether you and your lame ass friends enjoy the suckage. Get the difference, tardo?

In the end, WoW falls into the cookie-cutter, rock-paper-scissors syndrome, while also failing to have PvP mean anything in the rest of the world.

Sure you can frag in WoW all you want, but its a meaningless diversion that doesnt make your guild stronger, or change your character, or affect the spawns in the game world or make any meaningful change to the gameworld.

Have fun playing Counter-Strike: WoW using Shadow Word Pain instead of an AK-47.

Id rather PvP be more strategic.

Avé

Liturgist
DarkSign said:
Uhm in your haste to flame you neglected to get the impact of the word ALL.
In your haste to be a stupid fuck you obviously yet again failed to read what you wrote.

I'll quote it again, maybe this time you can drag your IQ off the floor and read it succesfully.

"If you dont know what that means, how could I possibly think you have an informed opinion of what great MMO experiences are? If you do, then you know that means risk, character equipment not being the center of your character, and increased teamwork for your guild past over what WoW can give you. "

Where did you mention all? Oh right, you didnt, you said anyone who didnt know what I meant cannot possibly have an informed opinion.

No "all" you idiot.

When did I say that you had to play every single MMO I did in order to have an opinion? I didnt.
So sit the fuck down with your pwned bullshit.
What is your IQ? 5?

Where did I say that you said(blah blah blah, youre a fucking retard) someone had to play every MMO you did in order to have an opinion?

I'll quote you again, and again hope you can read what you write, or at least recognise you dont have the brainpower to understand it and ask someone to explain it in retardo-speak.

"Darkfall producers have said they want to bring back the feeling of pre-Trammel UO.
If you dont know what that means, how could I possibly think you have an informed opinion of what great MMO experiences are?"

Second of all, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Im sure there are veteran pvpers who like WoW pvp. I know several of them in fact. Guys that would rape any guild you could come up with if you could make a dream team of pvpers.
Yes of course, because the people you know will obviously be so fucking hardcore, because a hardcore pvp'er like you knows them.

Idiot.

You're confused if you think Im saying people cant enjoy it. Im not arguing that. Im arguing that the PvP system sucks,
Actually, you were arguing that people who played it were:

"WoW is great for the casual gamer - from 41 year old moms to 5 year old kids and 20-somethings stuck in their basement.

""My first MMO from PreSkool"

not whether you and your lame ass friends enjoy the suckage. Get the difference, tardo?
Dont throw stones in glasshouses, especially not when you're doing the best impression of exitium I've seen in ages.

Writing one thing, having it quoted back at you pretending you wrote something else.

In the end, WoW falls into the cookie-cutter, rock-paper-scissors syndrome
Cookie cutter? Plenty of different setups with equip and talents, that even the "best" players cant seem to agree on.

while also failing to have PvP mean anything in the rest of the world.
And who gives a shit if the PVP is fun?

Sure you can frag in WoW all you want, but its a meaningless diversion that doesnt make your guild stronger, or change your character, or affect the spawns in the game world or make any meaningful change to the gameworld./quote]
Again, who gives a shit if it's fun? You want an MMO with a world affected by PVP, fine, that doesnt make it automatically better, or WoW automatically worse, which you'd see if you werent a blinkered raving lunatic.

[qupte]Have fun playing Counter-Strike: WoW using Shadow Word Pain instead of an AK-47.

Id rather PvP be more strategic.
Play a strategy game, I'd prefer my PVP be tactical which it is.

*Awaits the next impression of Exitium*
Really, dont bother replying if you're going to still keep ignoring what you posted, and delude yourself into thinking you wrote something else.

Dare I say it?
Owned yet again, bitch.

DarkSign

Erudite
Wow. Must have really hit a nerve for you to get so worked up.

Let's dig in, shall we?

Avè said:
In your haste to be a stupid fuck you obviously yet again failed to read what you wrote.

I'll quote it again, maybe this time you can drag your IQ off the floor and read it succesfully.

"If you dont know what that means, how could I possibly think you have an informed opinion of what great MMO experiences are? If you do, then you know that means risk, character equipment not being the center of your character, and increased teamwork for your guild past over what WoW can give you. "

Where did you mention all? Oh right, you didnt, you said anyone who didnt know what I meant cannot possibly have an informed opinion.

No "all" you idiot.

Since I underlined the fucking word ALL where I used it, obviously your eyes have rolled back into your head while your mom is sucking your cock. Here it is again:

First of all, while I listed the MMOs that I have played, I didnt say anyone had to play all those to be able to have a good opinion of MMOs.

Do you SEE the word "all" in there? If not, you're a dumbfuck. If so, case closed. Either way you suck.

What is your IQ? 5?

No. 167 to be exact, although that dropped from the score in the 200s that I had as a child of 5. Of course IQ testing at that age is just masturbation - a lot of effort for such a negligent result.

Where did I say that you said(blah blah blah, youre a fucking retard) someone had to play every MMO you did in order to have an opinion?

Uhm here's where:

he never really did, just ranted about how good hardcore PVP games were, and that if you werent playing a specific MMOG 5 or 6 years ago, you're nothing when it comes to MMO's)

I'll quote you again, and again hope you can read what you write, or at least recognise you dont have the brainpower to understand it and ask someone to explain it in retardo-speak.

"Darkfall producers have said they want to bring back the feeling of pre-Trammel UO.
If you dont know what that means, how could I possibly think you have an informed opinion of what great MMO experiences are?"

Yes, I said that if you didnt know what that meant then you dont have an opinion Id trust - and I stand by that statement.

The original, pristine UO game was a phenominal achievement. It is something that had a culture, environment, gameplay that to this day many thousands of people point to as the apex of their MMO and PvP experiences. It did things so very right in so many ways that to have missed it severely diminishes one's capacity to understand what separates the good, the bad, and the ugly in MMO game design. Can you form an opinion with out it? Sure, go ahead. But I dont choose to find your opinion worth much. Which is my perogative.

It would be like saying you know everything there is about Relativity Physics without reading Einstein's theory. Or better yet, espousing to know Christianity without reading the Bible. Sorry, not someone Id trust.

Yes of course, because the people you know will obviously be so fucking hardcore, because a hardcore pvp'er like you knows them.

Quit milking the hardcore thing. It was old when your friend did it. Its even older now. Or dont. It's not like its hurting my feelings. There's only so "hardcore" that you can get with a videogame before you sound silly. I didnt overplay that as much as you're trying to make it sound.

Actually, you were arguing that people who played it were:

"WoW is great for the casual gamer - from 41 year old moms to 5 year old kids and 20-somethings stuck in their basement.

""My first MMO from PreSkool"

Yeah. And you havent disproved me.

Dont throw stones in glasshouses, especially not when you're doing the best impression of exitium I've seen in ages.

You must be pretty hard up for debate tactics not only to have used this - but to have used it twice.

Cookie cutter? Plenty of different setups with equip and talents, that even the "best" players cant seem to agree on.

Are you kidding me? Take priests for example. That stupid little talent tree you get to pick form either makes you a pure healer or a shadow priest. And thats just one example. The sophistication of the customization is ludacrous. And lets not even get into the subject of wearable gear. There's a best set of stuff for every class and level range. The same people try to get the same boring stuff. You cant seriously believe this shit your typing can you?

And who gives a shit if the PVP is fun?
Well see some of us with actual brains want more than what we get spoonfed. WoW's pvp is fun for like 5 seconds, then it fails to be more than a diversion. It gets boring, quickly. If you're having fun, more power to ya...but I dont find Counte-Strike: Wizards
much fun.

Again, who gives a shit if it's fun? You want an MMO with a world affected by PVP, fine, that doesnt make it automatically better, or WoW automatically worse, which you'd see if you werent a blinkered raving lunatic.

Read the above. Twice. Let it soak in. With all the insults you're throwing you've made yourself sound like a lunatic. Enjoy the insanity.

Play a strategy game, I'd prefer my PVP be tactical which it is.
LMAO. You're subsituting words that mean the same thing in the context they were written. Of course strategy is what you're going to do and tactics are how carry that out, but as far as I was writing they mean the same thing - that they take thought.
WoW PvP takes very little thought. Either you dont get that or you're just being a prick. I choose the first.

Really, dont bother replying if you're going to still keep ignoring what you posted, and delude yourself into thinking you wrote something else.

Is this an attempt to get me to back down? Pretty lame one at that.

Dare I say it?
Owned yet again, bitch.

Yes, you were owned again. Take your mom's balls out of your mouth and admit it.

Vykromond

Scholar
DarkSign said:
although that dropped from the score in the 200s that I had as a child of 5.

Made-up numbers alert! Made-up numbers alert!

(I also like how you say "negligent" instead of "negligible" in your next sentence, it adds a nice touch)

DarkSign

Erudite
Which is what I said myself. Testing IQ at such a young age produces bullshit results.
Still, its fun to pull out of the old records trunk with concrete hand imprints, baby spoons, and other trivia of babyhood.

Mostly my wife pulls it out to cry about how far Ive fallen :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom