Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I feel desire to play Fallout 3

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Believe me - Fallout 3 is just plain dull, exactly like Oblivion and Skyrim and other latest games by Bethesda.

So while there's nothing wrong with giving it a try, I guarantee you're going to get bored pretty soon.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

There is a slim chance you actually are serious but if that is the case... GTFO more, have some beers with friends, do SOMETHING other then play that game.
It's pretty much end of the line, bottom of the barrel, man. :/

garren

Arcane
Patron
You know, sometimes I get the same feeling. Wandering in the hostile wasteland world just enjoying the atmosphere.. then I remember all the bad stuff such as
- shit level scaling
- copypasta environments, those damn metro tunnels
- lore rape
- bad dialogue, same voiceactors everywhere
- too easy, harder difficulty means hp bloat lol

and other stuff I'm forgetting. Once the novelty of wandering around wears off, there's not much else left.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Meh, I put in a couple hundered hours playing FO3 because I was so desperate to like where the franchise was going... then I played the main quest and wanted to firebomb BGS.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
As i said million times before, there are less than 5 interesting places in wasteland and rest is just endless copy-pasta.
Oh.

Believe me - Fallout 3 is just plain dull, exactly like Oblivion and Skyrim and other latest games by Bethesda.

So while there's nothing wrong with giving it a try, I guarantee you're going to get bored pretty soon.
I see.

The bigger question is why do you feel like playing FO3? I mean, what could drive you to play that abomination in the first place?
I don't know. A bad week or something.

You know, sometimes I get the same feeling. Wandering in the hostile wasteland world just enjoying the atmosphere.. then I remember all the bad stuff such as
- shit level scaling
- lore rape

and other stuff I'm forgetting. Once the novelty of wandering around wears off, there's not much else left.
Sounds horrible.

Go play Fallout: New Vegas instead.
It would be a sacrilege against Fallout 1.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Let me tell you what's gonna happen. You will install the game just to troll the codex, you will play it until Megaton and realize this game is shit but you would keep playing because of pride.
You'll play it until Mad Dog's radio and after that you will hang yourself while listening to his great VA.:troll:

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
As i said million times before, there are less than 5 interesting places in wasteland and rest is just endless copy-pasta.
Oh.

I see.

The bigger question is why do you feel like playing FO3? I mean, what could drive you to play that abomination in the first place?
I don't know. A bad week or something.

- shit level scaling
- lore rape

Sounds horrible.

Go play Fallout: New Vegas instead.
It would be a sacrilege against Fallout 1.

And lol i did.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Let me tell you what's gonna happen. You will install the game just to troll the codex, you will play it until Megaton and realize this game is shit but you would keep playing because of pride.
You'll play it until Mad Dog's radio and after that you will hang yourself while listening to his great VA.:troll:
Well, I won't because I don't have the game and don't have hardware to run it on.

Because you might find it better than Fallout 1?
No. Because a crappy FPS with Fallout 2-style quests and dialogues tacked on sounds much worse than a silly crappy FPS. It would be like seeing some kind of a horrible frankenstein.

I don't know. I don't want to play New Vegas. It would be like a blasphemy against the true Fallout.

And Fallout 3 is alright? Have you played Fallout 1?

Because New Vegas is the most Fallout thing since Fallout 1.

a crappy FPS with Fallout 2-style quests and dialogues tacked on

That's not New Vegas. That sounds like Fallout 3 and nothing like New Vegas.

No. I don't have money :D . And I don't have money for a computer too :lol: .

:(

Graphic card that would run Fallout 3 would cost you like 100zł on Allegro. How tight are your expenses?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

And Fallout 3 is alright? Have you played Fallout 1?
It's not alright. And it's not supposed to be alright. Just something different. And I'm mostly interested in exploration and sex/rape mods. Also, experiencing its silliness. It's like reading the Baldur's Gate novel or watching a horrible campy B movie.

Because New Vegas is the most Fallout thing since Fallout 1.
There's no Fallout without pseudo-isometric perspective and turn-based combat.

Graphic card that would run Fallout 3 would cost you like 100zł on Allegro. How tight are your expenses?
I have about 0-100PLN per month (lately it's closer to 0PLN). Sometimes, I get a 100-500PLN after a big work like drawing plans of several buildings, but it happens only a few times a year.

My comp is:
Intel Celeron 2,4 GHz (1 core)
1024 MB RAM
40GB IDE/ATA, Seagate
Geforce MX 4000 128mb RAM
Linux Mint LXDE

I don't think just a video card would help.

Yeah, you want to play Fallout 3 but not new vegas? You should be banned.
You should be banned for playing New Vegas. Fallout in FP perspective is a heresy.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since you can't play F3 with that computer anyway (changing the video card and installing windows would allow You to play it - barely), why don't You play some good games instead?

I have about 0-100PLN per month (lately it's closer to 0PLN). Sometimes, I get a 100-500PLN after a big work like drawing plans of several buildings, but it happens only a few times a year.

My comp is:
Intel Celeron 2,4 GHz (1 core)
1024 MB RAM
40GB IDE/ATA, Seagate
Geforce MX 4000 128mb RAM
Linux Mint LXDE

I don't think just a video card would help.

Damn, that sounds pretty restricting. Is it a part-time job or the "free" expenses you're left with after paying bills with a regular one? I remember that once you were looking for a job on Gumtree, but that's where are only the worst offers & terms are, and actively applying at workplace worked for people I knew much better. Anyway, I don't really want to give shallow tips to you since I can't really relate to your position, but I hope things will get better.

As for the video card, I think it would do quite a lot, since it's the weakest link and does the most difference. 2,4 ghz and 1gb ram isn't actually that terrible. I know I was surprised at how many games I could play with my integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 on similar specs.

But obviously, spending even that money for Fallout 3, of all games...:P

hiver

you see? and when i tell him he is a spoiled brat and a-hole then youre all like: nooo hiver blah, blah, blah, blah!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom