Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us change the nature of a game

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bros, Paypal is acting up again, I hope this'll stay up for a bit longer than the Kickstarter campaign.

:x

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
make that thing update more often, it helps unconvinced voters donors to see that other people are giving money away

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, we'll run the campaign for another week or so, assuming inXile will still be accepting PayPals then (if not, we'll send them the money anyway).

DarkUnderlord The gold counter still doesn't appear to be updating automatically. If you look at the list of donations there's a larger sum there. Does it have some kind of delay?
Small bug. Should be fixed now.

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
If we don't get to 5k, we need to negotiate getting the obelisk anyway and scrapping the other rewards.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Paypal hates me.
They always block my account shortly I make a new one and demand sending scanned ID 'n shit. Once they've sent me an e-mail that someone paid me 1600 bucks and I didn't send him the goods - loluwut?

Now they blocked my account as soon as I've made it. Is that normal?

I've managed to make only 2 transactions through Paypal and the last one (was it Wasteland 2?) because it didn't require logging in.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
demand sending scanned ID 'n shit

If you want to keep your account, you're probably gonna have to do that. They requested that of me after I've received more than $1500 (I think) and after that they pretty much left me alone.
Don't know if they do this for kwans too, but it's probably common practice for third-worlders.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why is the Codex raising money so much slower this time? Did people just pledge through kickstarter or what?

EG

Nullified
Why is the Codex raising money so much slower this time? Did people just pledge through kickstarter or what?

Seems to be the case. There seem to be fewer posts about pledging being a risk, this time around.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Donated, despite being out of money, but I don't see this reaching the $10.000 goal. I hope we still get something from inXile. :rpgcodex:

EDIT: I know I only gave $5. Please don't ban me.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
That, and there are no $250 MCA custom trolls this time.

Not that it would matter much anyway, since those who paid for still haven't got them :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cough it up, motherfuckers. You all wanted a Torment successor but instead paid for a shit dungeon hack, from a studio that has yet to make a single game with good combat. Now the real deal is up and you better pay it up and wipe the mark of the race traitor off.

Hey, Kebab-kun, what about your donation? :P

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I donated already on KS. The only Codexian drive I'll now be a part of is the Alpha Protocol 2 one.

Are you going to back Divinity?

Already am a proud backer of it. Even threw down for Consortium as it looks intriguing enough to risk a few shekels on.

Oh and I'm a bit annoyed that they announced a 'Torment' game relatively so soon after P:E. Had I known that in just a few months we'd have this on offer I wouldn't have blown so much on it but saved enough to fund Torment more. I went with that crazy signed copy then and while I don't regret it as such, I would have liked to be more 'even' with this regarding funding.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
demand sending scanned ID 'n shit

If you want to keep your account, you're probably gonna have to do that. They requested that of me after I've received more than $1500 (I think) and after that they pretty much left me alone.
Don't know if they do this for kwans too, but it's probably common practice for third-worlders.
^This. The account I setup for the Codex has been "blocked" (I could login and only get a message) about three times by PayPal after it was first established. First I had to justify why we had the money coming in, I had to send in driver's license and birth certificate scans for myself, I had to justify it was a legitimate business operation (letters, on "company" letterhead outlining the KickStarter stuff) and I was even called from America when I took the first lot of money out. Since then though, I haven't had a problem.

KickStarter fatigue.

That, and there are no $250 MCA custom trolls this time.

Not that it would matter much anyway, since those who paid for still haven't got them :P
See, and people complain about not getting ad-free status! (which is coming, by the way)

EG

Nullified
DU, did I ever get my couple months of ad-free? :(

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Technically, no-one's gotten anything yet. At this stage I'm adding in all payments received over the past 12 months (mostly from the previous campaigns). Then I'll tally up the potato and you'll be able to get your ad-free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom