Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us change the nature of a game

Temaperacl

Erudite
Ok - pledged at the minimal tier for the KS just so that there will be an additional vote for a non-RT combat system and made a small donation for the Codex Drive. The game and presentation looks interesting, but I don't think I'll go for more with the combat system still up in the air.
You have donated absurd money to a game with a 100% sure RTwP system, but refuse to do so for one where there is an actual chance for TB? o_O
A couple things:
- Not sure from where you got the idea that I put absurd amounts of money towards P:E. While I think it was slightly greater than my Torment pledge, it wouldn't be that far above it and both are far below my WL2 donations - both my P:E are Torment donations are "Sure - why not?" or "Might be worth it" values instead of "I am excited about this" values
My wording for the P:E drive was:
I might be willing to throw a couple hundred in for the Codex, but the game doesn't interest me enough to do much more than that.
and
Got back too late to make a difference for the 5k goal, but donated as I previously stated I would.
My approach to Torment is essentially the same as far as the Codex drive goes except the exact numbers might be slightly different (But they should be in the same ballpark).

- For the direct KS, since the game has already met the threshold, there is no direct benefit to going to a higher tier. I've gotten what was needed to get a "foot in the door" and have a vote on the combat system. While there is no guarantee inXile will do it the same way as they did WL2, if we assume they follow the same general procedure, then there may be the opportunity later to increase my tier if the combat decision goes the way I want it to. While this won't matter for Stretch Goals, it will still be going towards the game/inXile. If the combat decision goes a way I don't like, I'm only out $5. If the opportunity doesn't come, then they miss out on any increase and I just pick up the game when it comes out if it looks good. If it is TB, I'll probably pick it up at full price. If it is some RT-type, I'll probably pick it up when it is on sale.

- Generally speaking, making monetary decisions just to "make up for" bad previous decisions usually is not a good way to go about it [Not directed towards your immediate response. Rather, some of the other posts that have been made].

In other words, I've done what I needed to do to support TB. If the game goes TB, it is likely inXile won't lose out if I'm able to increase my tier like I could for WL2. If it doesn't go TB, I've minimized my loss.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Temaperacl
Well, couple of hundred is rather absurd for me, especially as a "meh, why not" decision. I am a poorfag, I know :(

Other than that: I forgot that you have the avatar pic from the WL2 campaign, sorry, a slight confusion on my part. That way your decision makes more sense and I apologize for bugging you.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ooh, the list has changed again. Now it shows how much money you need to donate to make it into the top 10/20/30/etc.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Next level of e-begging achieved. The EU commission has banned the RPGCodex, because it threatens the potato stockpiles of the Old Continent. The Congress is expected to pass a similar law soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure the gold counter was updated with my donation, though.

evdk

Patron
How does the list determine your position, seeing that all people between the 40th and 60th (?) place donated $10?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
How does the list determine your position, seeing that all people between the 40th and 60th (?) place donated $10?

Chronologically would be the most fair. The earlier $10 donors would be above the later ones.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ok, a few updates:

1. Any of the Codex Admin's can now see donor e-mails and amounts donated in the list.
2. If your name is in the list, you should be able to see your total amount donated.
3. I've resolved the issue of "How to get into the Top #30" by displaying the amount required to get into each bracket of #10 donations.
4. You can now make an "anonymous" donation - your name will be shown as "Anonymous" in the list.
5. You can donate on other people's behalf (It will say "Courtesy of XYZ" unless you make it Anonymous, in which case only "Anonymous" will show - in which case neither your name or theirs will appear. You can of course, log-out and donate on someone else's behalf, in which case it shows "Username (Courtesy of Guest)").
6. Warnings if you're not logged in.

NOTE: There are issues if there are multiple donations with different anonymous flags. EG: If you donate anonymously, and then donate non-anonymously it combines the two and then uses data from the highest payment (so if you donate $100 non-anonymously and $50 anonymously, you still get a total of $150, and your name is shown in the list). I also have to sort out what to do re: "guest" donations (the current system would / does lump them all together and puts guest first :lol: ).

It's sorted by total donated first, then date (oldest date first).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Still to come:
- Account page to show your ad-free time remaining and other details.
- Being able to spend your potato to get ad-free status.
- Adding patron tag (optional).
- Adding campaign tags (optional).
- Listing all payments you've made.
- Admin feature to edit payments and associate Guest payments with users.
- Adding in payments from previous campaigns (and awarding potato for those users to spend).

It all will happen and I'll be giving extra potato for people who have had to wait.

EDIT: Whoops, stuff about templates wasn't supposed to be here.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Sorry, bros, decided to pledge to Original Sin KS instead, so only 10 dorra left for Codex.

Let's see:

Torment - 138$
PE - 130$
WL2 - 80$
Divinity Original Sin - 25$
Dreamfall - 25$
Grim Dawn - 18$
Legend of Eisenwald -15$

A total of 431$ worth of vapourware.

Syl

Cipher

Chronologically would be the most fair. The earlier $10 donors would be above the later ones.
It's the Codex, who said it should be fair? By date of registration (oldest first) is the :obviously: way.

:rpgcodex:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Not really, but I updated my AgentOfTheDecline.txt.

I just need to know what happened to white dragon chick!

DreamfallD.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord The gold counter still doesn't appear to be updating automatically. If you look at the list of donations there's a larger sum there. Does it have some kind of delay?

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I gave most of the money through Kickstarter, but still chipped in a symbolic amount for the Codex fundraiser. I'd really like them to reach 4.25 million and the corresponding stretch goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom