Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Or maybe you are the most worthy person I have ever given this tag to. Who knows.
I need to put you in my signature it seems. It is rare to find a person that is so proud of being a retard.

But enough Off topic talks about retards that like dumbfuck games like Hatred. Or maybe it is not off topic, you guys and this suit each other.

You sure waste a lot of time and effort for a game you consider dumbfuck.

Yes, let us not ever criticize anything, because doing so is a waste of time. Let's not waste time criticizing people who want to censor games, let's not waste our time criticizing art, let's not waste our time criticizing dumbed down popamole games.

You people really like to pretend you are all for free speech and freedom of expression yet the moment someone enters a discussion with a different viewpoint you jump on them and label them as retards. Might as well shut down this fucking forum right now if we are no longer allowed to dislike and disagree with whatever we want.

inb4 responses like "its just a game calm down," even though there are 35 pages discussing this just a game that is not even out yet - and most of those pages consist of people lauding the game simply because SJWs dislike it.

Dexter

Arcane
its just a trolol game, and many of the manboons have already been baited and funny thing is, that many will buy it, probably play it less than 15 min, just because FUCK YOU! Ill probably buy it on -XX % just because... FU! You piece of shit SJW society....
That's the hilarious part. Some faggots don't even realize how the actions of SJW's are affecting them.

The SJW's want people to make games with POC's, trannies, wiminz etc. and it's not important whether the game is good or shit. To counter that, people go buy games that are offensive without paying any attention to whether they're good or not. The whole situation is a fucking joke.
"Hai guyz, I'm totilly clever and will tell u all what u dot'n realize. All thos gaems liek Postel & Seriuus Sam & GTA & Wolfenstien & Soldir of Firtune & Blood & Karmageddon & Kingpin & stuff, they all suckd and u only bogut b/c SJWs"

This is what I'm seeing in all these :retarded: contrarian messages. I think the game looks great and would have likely bought it anyway as a top-down shooter. It's totally comparable to Gone Homo and Depression Quest which are definitely bought and enjoyed because of their quality and what great games they are, not because Polygon/Kotaku want to dickstroke their friends and ideology though.

Yes, let us not ever criticize anything, because doing so is a waste of time. Let's not waste time criticizing people who want to censor games, let's not waste our time criticizing art, let's not waste our time criticizing dumbed down popamole games.
You've done a very fine job babbling butthurt criticizing the 2 minute trailer of a game that isn't even out, better than Fox managed to do even.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Or maybe you are the most worthy person I have ever given this tag to. Who knows.
I need to put you in my signature it seems. It is rare to find a person that is so proud of being a retard.

But enough Off topic talks about retards that like dumbfuck games like Hatred. Or maybe it is not off topic, you guys and this suit each other.

You sure waste a lot of time and effort for a game you consider dumbfuck.

You people really like to pretend you are all for free speech and freedom of expression yet the moment someone enters a discussion with a different viewpoint you jump on them and label them as retards. Might as well shut down this fucking forum right now if we are no longer allowed to dislike and disagree with whatever we want.

inb4 responses like "its just a game calm down," even though there are 35 pages discussing this just a game that is not even out yet - and most of those pages consist of people lauding the game simply because SJWs dislike it.

We get it, the game is 2edgy4u. Why not go post in the thread for Brianna Wu's game (if such a thread even exists)?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
S9fyI.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
"Hai guyz, I'm totilly clever and will tell u all what u dot'n realize. All thos gaems liek Postel & Seriuus Sam & GTA & Wolfenstien & Soldir of Firtune & Blood & stuff, they all suckd and u only bogut b/c SJWs"
Postal is not a serious game, Serious Sam is just a standard shooter, Wolfenstain has you fighting Nazi SOLDIERS (not civilians), Soldier of Fortune (I am not sure as I played it a long time ago but I don't remember murdering civilians), Blood has you fight monsters. GTA 5 is a retard game as well, at least the main story is. It lets players do whatever evil shit and then murder 10+ cops with superpowers. My kid is not going to play that game or any other GTA until she is 18 and buys it herself.

Dexter

Arcane
Postal is not a serious game, Serious Sam is just a standard shooter, Wolfenstain has you fighting Nazi SOLDIERS (not civilians), Soldier of Fortune (I am not sure as I played it a long time ago but I don't remember murdering civilians), Blood has you fight monsters. GTA 5 is a retard game as well, at least the main story is. It lets players do whatever evil shit and then murder 10+ cops with superpowers.

The rest is basically "Waah, it's arbitrarily much worse shooting this formation of pixels in the head than the other. I need a plausible in-world rationalization like "zombie outbreak" or "this is a town full of nazis, yes they're all nazis!" to be able to go on mass-murdering sprees and rampages in a video game, because for some reason I don't realize that it is a video game."

My kid is not going to play that game or any other GTA until she is 18 and buys it herself.
Who is forcing you to? It has an Adult Only/PEGI 18 rating to start with.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Postal 1 is a "serious" game, the funny crap was introduced in in the sequel.
OK, I guess I only played Postal 2. In that case I got no opinion on Postal 1 :D

My kid is not going to play that game or any other GTA until she is 18 and buys it herself.
Who is forcing you to? It has an Adult Only/PEGI 18 rating to start with.
That didn't stop people from playing Postal 2 while a lot younger. I seen kids around 10 playing Postal 2.

And when I talk about GTA, I mean the 3d ones. GTA 1 and 2 were just a bunch of pixels with barely recognizable people and as a young kid I could never get away from cops after doing enough crimes and always had to restart. GTA 5 makes is super easy to get away with anything.

Last edited:

A horse of course

You people really like to pretend you are all for free speech and freedom of expression

yet the moment someone enters a discussion with a different viewpoint you jump on them and label them as retards.

I don't see the conflict here. As Paladins of Libertarianism, the RPGCodex Cum-Unity opposes banning people, not calling them retards. Nobody has been banned for being outed as Goons unless they're obviously trying to derail a thread.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You people really like to pretend you are all for free speech and freedom of expression

yet the moment someone enters a discussion with a different viewpoint you jump on them and label them as retards.

I don't see the conflict here. As Paladins of Libertarianism, the RPGCodex Cum-Unity opposes banning people, not calling them retards. Nobody has been banned for being outed as Goons unless they're obviously trying to derail a thread.
It is sad you see Hatred as a game defending Liberty or something.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
And when I talk about GTA, I mean the 3d ones. GTA 1 and 2 were just a bunch of pixels with barely recognizable people and as a young kid I could never get away from cops after doing enough crimes and always had to restart. GTA 5 makes is super easy to get away with anything.
You couldn't get away with killing sprees in GTA1 because you suck. For me gta1 was as "realistic" as gta5, maybe the first game impressed me more because of my young age. Do you have a problem with realistic depictions of violence or with games that let you perform immoral acts(by mainstream normie standards)?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Just like I got Hiver to put me on ignore list because I was trolling him until he could not take it anymore :D

I don't know AA maybe I'm wrong, but seeing from what I read in this thread I thought you would be the person to understand that the ignore function was created to block people that annoy you in one way or another.

Btw. what are you arguing about guys?

It's obvious that the whole reason why Hatred is this edgy is that they want to do Postal trick over again. Postal was, by itself, fairly poor game. There were and are better top down shooters. If you're interested in it so much - go for Crusader: No Remorse/Regret or little newer - Zax: The Alien Hunter. However, Postal sold great, because they were able to stir up similar media campaign "against" their title that gave them a lot of free advertising.

From what we see in the material we've got we can say that Hatred does fast-paced top-down gameplay at least competently, so pretending it'll be shit is stupid, pretending that they've made it to "show teh es j wus" is just as stupid because the marketing strategy they've chosen would work just as well without them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as civilian massacring goes, I'm surprised there haven't been more mentions of the original Syndicate.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As far as civilian massacring goes, I'm surprised there haven't been more mentions of the original Syndicate.
Well those civilians were chipped and not free thinking individuals anyways. It was like killing robots. And it wasn't the whole purpose of the game like Hatred.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't know AA maybe I'm wrong, but seeing from what I read in this thread I thought you would be the person to understand that the ignore function was created to block people that annoy you in one way or another.
With Hiver it works the other way around. If he cannot read your posts he will not come into topics to present his "opinion" and the whole topic will be better for it. I was a lurker for a while before I joined and Hiver's posts were only ones really irritating to read.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Let's slaughter people in Syndicate. A video let's play.

Well those civilians were chipped and not free thinking individuals anyways. It was like killing robots. And it wasn't the whole purpose of the game like Hatred.
The main idea about Syndicate is to be a game about gunning-down lots of people.

Hatred is outrageous because its author isn't Awor Szurkrarz, but a bunch of fascists and l1bruls.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let's slaughter people in Syndicate. A video let's play.

The main idea about Syndicate is to be a game about gunning-down lots of people.

Hatred is outrageous because its author isn't Awor Szurkrarz, but a bunch of fascists and l1bruls.
I played Syndicate Wars, don't know what Syndicate was about (I assumed similar). In Syndicate Wars you had missions and gunning down people did nothing except bring police.
I don't mind games that are realistic enough where innocent bystanders can get hurt in the crossfire and such, but I have a problem with games whose sole purpose is to murder innocent bystanders.

You could murder all the civilians in many games (including kids), including Fallout and Baldur's Gate but that was not the game purpose. If they got hurt it was usually by accident.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
I guess we've all "accidentally" killed kids in the Den when they've stole our shit.

I mean come on codex - I'm sure all of you did it at least once.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I played Syndicate Wars, don't know what Syndicate was about. In Syndicate Wars you had missions and gunning down people didn't nothing except bring police.
“The essence of the game was killing people – and that was it. Big guns. Strong dudes. Terminators essentially. If I have to kill everyone, I will. That to me was the essence of the gameplay.”
"If you look back on the origins of the project it comes from statements like ‘we wanna gun everyone down, we want to kill loads of people.’ From there we thought ‘well how can we deliver that?'”"
"Sean explains how the idea of a general population presence in the game grew from the strange duality of high concept simulation and the simple desire for more targets to aim at; “I think Peter was the one who said ‘we should have a population that go to work,’ and all the press releases at the time were describing this great new simulation where people would go to work and then go home. It was a bit of nonsense, but good hype at the time.”

Ultimately, the civilians ended up closer to mindless cannon fodder – but still retained an important role in creating the impression of life. “Yeah, [in the finished game] they mill around, they look like they’re going in and out of buildings” says Sean, “we weren’t trying to create a simulation, it was just a slight illusion so the vast majority of players would see a living city. The essence of it was really to give players the conscious decision to gun those people down if they wanted to.”"
http://www.incgamers.com/2009/06/sean-cooper-on-syndicate

This mindset, even this way of speaking, reminds me of what the martyrs from Columbine were talking about except that without the tortured teenager part and more fun orientated.

Totally Amoral, Ultra-Violent and More Fun Than Sex

You could murder all the civilians in many games (including kids), including Fallout and Baldur's Gate but that was not the game purpose. If they got hurt it was usually by accident.
So?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom