Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has there ever been a monster/enemy you could not beat?

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Get the .223 pistol and aim for the eyes, bring something automatic for when it gets up close. That's what I do, it might have to try a few times, but you can take it out that way.

catfood

AGAIN
I could never beat Nessie in Wiz 8. I even attempted it with an end game party but to no avail. Every time I replay the game I swear to kill the damn thing but every time it AOE's my party bad. :( I will beat it one day even if it means grinding to death.

Radisshu

Prophet
Energy weapons + the eyes is the best way to take care of the old Deathclaw.

Nael

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
If I remember right, Aerie killed every single dragon for me eventually with that one orb spell that autokills on a random roll once you lower their magic resistance. Go Aerie.

My monk one shotted every dragon in BG2 with Quivering Palm. Damn that ability was overpowered as fuck.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Andyman Messiah said:
Still to this day I have a difficult time handling beholders and mindflayers in Baldur's Gate. Usually dropping down a difficulty level or two would "fix" it.

That's all I can think of though.

Killing Firkaag in BGII without cheating, in chapter 2 (as opposed to waiting until you were more powerful in chapters 6 and 7) was fucking HARD. I never managed to do it without cheesing out a little bit: Yoshimo's traps, getting that first free hit when he is still non-hostile, etc.

I don't think I've ever been able to beat him without some "help".

Also, up until recently I couldn't beat Death in the original Castlevania without cheating my ass off with holy water. When I was a kid that guy used to kick my fucking ass every single time.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Inziladun said:
I once rushed through Baldur's Gate 2 and there's some monsters in the under dark (golems??) that I couldn't kill because I didn't have any +3 weapons or some such and no way to obtain any.

That was kind of frustrating.

There are several spells that grant you a +3 attack. If you gave up because of that shit, I suggest you read a manual next time. :smug:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SCO said:
It is apparently possible to kill Iuz and St. Cutberth in ToEE (if you glitch it so they don't dissappear).

St. Cutberth has a CR of 60. Iuz has one of 35 or so.

I beat St. Cuthbert with a single rogue. I didn't exactly cheat, but there were lots of loop holes in that game and 3ed dnd in general. I created a wizard to craft me an endless arsenal of wands, dual wielded both artifact swords, and was constantly enlarged and invisible. I still had to reload like a motherfucker though...

ironyuri

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Now those REMANTS OF THE MASTER's ARMY encounters in FO2 were pure FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Even by endgame, I think that they were as bad as a Enclave patrol because of the rocket launcher.
Also, Bountyhunters. OH NO!! Pure, undiluted rapefest. A crew full of super-well armed people vs You and your crew. Too bad being hunted usually means you're evil and that means your crew is composed by Vic, Myron and Skynet. Until the very ends of the game, no matter what you do, you're ALWAYS outgunned. When you're playing with 10mm pistols, they got hunting rifles. When you get a hunting rifle, its frag grenades, sniper rifles and super sledges. When you get a sniper rifle, they just laserspam you. When you get the lasers, they get every cool endgame gun to kill you. And Power Armor. RAPERAPRERAPERAPE.

Sounds like it turned into a.... Brazillian slaughter!

:yeah:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That opponent in the Soul nomad and world eaters. She started her strongest attack by saying I'm sorry. It was massive overkill, though she probably restrained herself a lot to go at full power. (She is the first strong opponent, what do you think you would encounter... The strongest opponent goes first of course.)

(Not that she is impossible to beat, but it's bad idea on first, or possibly even second attempt.)

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I never did beat DR robotnic in sonic 2 :(

Not a monster but I'v never been able to beat second stage of final battle in Darksun: Shattered Land no matter how hard I tried. Those elite troops are mean fuckers.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Ivar the Boner said:
Not a monster but I'v never been able to beat second stage of final battle in Darksun: Shattered Land no matter how hard I tried. Those elite troops are mean fuckers.
That's where having a psionic pays off. Mass Domination is great for this fight.

Erebus

Arcane
Ivar the Boner said:

Web is a lifesaver in that battle. Without it, the battle's indeed extraordinarily difficult (although Wall of Fire makes it a bit easier).

Of course, if you don't have at the very least two El's Drinkers, I do believe that you're completely fucked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom