Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GoG's Dead

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Check it out bro's.

Dear GOG users,

We have recently had to give serious thought to whether we could really keep GOG.com the way it is. We've debated on it for quite some time and, unfortunately, we've decided that GOG.com simply cannot remain in its current form.

We're very grateful for all support we've received from all of you in the past two years. Working on GOG.com was a great adventure for all of us and an unforgettable journey to the past, through the long and wonderful history of PC gaming.

This doesn't mean the idea behind GOG.com is gone forever. We're closing down the service and putting this era behind us as new challenges await.

On a technical note, this week we'll put in place a solution to allow everyone to re-download their games. Stay tuned to this page and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

All the best,
GOG.com Team

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Surprising. I would think they would be making money hand over fist (or at least not spending any) what with not actually having to order copies.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I'm pissed of that we've probably lost the forums for good. a focal point for old classics, some guy was making a HD patch for outcast and we've potentially lost it forever now.

spekkio

Arcane
Pollacks collected enough money and decided to GTFO?
How surprising...

:salute:

Achilles

Arcane
This is terrible news :( I hope they come back with a new service or transfer their catalog to some other service.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
AHAHAHAHAHA

I buy from GOG because it has no DRM and I can download as many times as possible!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Bleh? This happens on Sunday and in the middle of a promotion? Plus they also just signed up with other partners and were about to bring Age of Wonders 2. That's weird.

Mortmal

Arcane
Quite weird , id like to know more about this, it was a convenient source of games for the lazy bums unable to setup dosbox or for when there was no seeds on piratebay on old games.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I bought the arkadia bundle and some other shit. Fucking cunts learn to run a fucking business you fucking polish scum.

soggie

Educated
FUCK I WAS ABOUT TO BUY BLOOD!!!!!

Ah well, I guess I'll just download it then.

coaster

Liturgist
Some folk on other forums seem to think it could simply mean the ending of the beta. The first para in particular is ambiguous. However "we're closing the service" sounds a bit final to me...also great way to piss off your existing users just for some kind of "ho ho aren't we clever with our wording" joke.

LazyD

Liturgist
So wait the 'Dex licks the taint of GoG and enjoys it?

I thought the general consensus was that GoG was a front for old games that had scene cracks applied and/or dosbox pre-configured for retards.

:decline: of the Codex is even more apparent.

:M

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Share prices of Optimus, which is a dummy company posing as owners of CDP and CDP Red, have plummeted since shareholders (among them the founders of CDP) recently sold 3,450,000 shares cheaply to secure financing for their business. Without informing the small investors (who hold 40% of the shares) of their plans.

They sold each share for 1.80 while the stock price was 2.60. Shame since a lot of "small players" lost money because of that.

And some big dogs who previously lauded CDP for their business approach to Optimus started selling their Optimus's shares like mad.

My guess is that if they don't push out the unfinished and buggy The Witcher 2 on the shelves this Christmas, nothing will save them.

Zeus

Cipher
Damnit, Age of Wonders just hit. I was *this close* to getting a DRM-free Shadow Magic. This is bogus. If they come back, I'm getting MoM, MOO 1/2, Tex Murphy, Raptor...

:x

Man, this had better be a publicity stunt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom