Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck this shit, I'll be BIOWARE EVIL in the end anyway (DA2)

Who to play?

• Male

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranny <kingcomrade>

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've done it. I feel ashamed but I've done it. I have decided to give DA2 a try.

Before I will play I would like to ask you who should I play - a male or a female? Who's voice acting is better?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You didn't pay for it, did you bro?

Tell me you didn't.

Baron

Arcane
I've done it. I feel ashamed but I've done it. I have decided to give DA2 a try.
Why couldn't you follow Xor's virtuous example?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
treave said:
You didn't pay for it, did you bro?

Tell me you didn't.

I didn't. And it's the first cRPG from Bioware (so ME series excluded) that I didn't buy. I am not going to support decline.

Of course if I will like the game then I will buy it... but already in DAO I had mixed feelings about buying it and buying Awakening was a failure, I haven't even finished it because it was so horrible.

Kurwa Konjad, put some more points in WIL on your next birthday. What next? Will you admit to having signed up to the Tal'Zorah fanclub subgroup of the BW social forums?

Konjad

Patron
I made 2 characters and... what the fuck, why is mage's robe nearly as defensive as warrior's full plate? :retarded:

Anyway I'm torn between playing a warrior and a mage... I think I will play mage though, it looks more fun and might be more tactical, I guess? (I'm playing on hard, I'm not edgy enough to try out nightmare since DAO's hardest difficulty was actually hard as fuck).

BTW graphics are pretty, it doesn't look as several years old game as we have seen on many screens. It looks actually amazing (at least in DX11 and high res textures).

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Konjad said:
I made 2 characters and... what the fuck, why is mage's robe nearly as defensive as warrior's full plate? :retarded:

Anyway I'm torn between playing a warrior and a mage... I think I will play mage though, it looks more fun and might be more tactical, I guess? (I'm playing on hard, I'm not edgy enough to try out nightmare since DAO's hardest difficulty was actually hard as fuck).

BTW graphics are pretty, it doesn't look as several years old game as we have seen on many screens. It looks actually amazing (at least in DX11 and high res textures).

About the graphics wait until you get to the city and you see some of the NPC's and weapon designs.
Now the game do look better in action then some of the screen shots, but if you look around you will notice all the glaring issues and the low rez crap mixed with the high detail things.

In other words.
IT gets worse.

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Konjad

Patron
My brave male warrior COMMANDIR SHEPHARD has been left and I continue playing with my sweet cute Mina mage :) Playing a mage is kinda more fun, because there's not much wrong with enemies exploding from my fireballs, at least not as much as enemies exploding after I strike them with a sword.

Konjad

Patron
I have played for three hours now and... yes, it is a good game. I'm not sarcastic nor trolling. So far it was pretty good with just a few fights. It's like DAO. Of course it might change later, I don't know that. DAO was good for the first 1/3 of the game as well and it went shit half way through leaving me with mixed feelings after finishing it. Anyway so far, so good and I like this game. I might even buy it. I'm totally surprised because Codex and 4chan hate it so much and generally I agree with the 'dex. After the Awakening I was expecting shit with nothing but filler combat... yet what was delivered was DAO's beginning so far. I like it.

Konjad said:
I have played for three hours now and... yes, it is a good game. I'm not sarcastic nor trolling. So far it was pretty good with just a few fights. It's like DAO. Of course it might change later, I don't know that. DAO was good for the first 1/3 of the game as well and it went shit half way through leaving me with mixed feelings after finishing it. Anyway so far, so good and I like this game. I might even buy it. I'm totally surprised because Codex and 4chan hate it so much and generally I agree with the 'dex. After the Awakening I was expecting shit with nothing but filler combat... yet what was delivered was DAO's beginning so far. I like it.

lJc1a.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Krap said:
Will you at least take one for the team and do a lp on the playground?

Well, there already is at least one DA2 LP...

Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Konjad said:

lJc1a.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Re: Fuck this shit, I'll be BIOWARE EVIL in the end anyway (

Konjad said:

After trying it, why not rate all the Bioware games in a chart?

Konjad

Patron
circ said:
Konjad said:
If it wasn't for the hair... And the textures, that wouldn't look half bad. Also calling someone a bitch?! Whaaat? So playing this!!

Oh look... another codexer bitching about graphics... go play Crysis if this game looks too shitty for you. I guess Fallouts, PST and Gothic are shit, huh?

circ

Arcane
I haven't played Gothic, save for Risen. And no, they're not shit, because they knew how to utilize pixels or textures so it didn't look like paper someone wiped their ass with. Some of the screenies make me think I've sleepwalked into a DeLorean and ended up playing a Quake 2 mod.

And the hair man, the hair? Like I've said before, hair textured like rugs would have been laughable 20 years ago.

Relay

Educated
Konjad said:
circ said:
Konjad said:
If it wasn't for the hair... And the textures, that wouldn't look half bad. Also calling someone a bitch?! Whaaat? So playing this!!

Oh look... another codexer bitching about graphics... go play Crysis if this game looks too shitty for you. I guess Fallouts, PST and Gothic are shit, huh?

Fallout and PST had great looks, why do you think Geneforge and the like aren't popular even among the codexian oldfags ? Graphix aren't about the engine and technobabble but whether it looks good or not. Fallout may have had outdated technology even for its time but it still looked great, the design was tasteful, was following a nice theme and it aged pretty well, it's a game you could play as new in 2011 and still find OK looking. They are called video games for a reason. I can't really enjoy a game if I find the visual stimuli to be truly unpleasant.

It doesn't have anything to do with technology, it's all about the artwork. Crysis may have the most advanced graphix engine but it still looks like shit, the nanosuit's artwork must have been drawn by an hormone raging 13 years old boy. There is no point in having the most advanced engine if your artists can't come up with something that would make it worth it.

Try to imagine what the Planescape world would look like in a modern engine. Now that would be something other than the generic, boring shit we're dealing with since forever.

Konjad

Patron
Relay said:
Konjad said:
circ said:
Konjad said:

Fallout and PST had great looks, why do you think Geneforge and the like aren't popular even among the codexian oldfags ? Graphix aren't about the engine and technobabble but whether it looks good or not. Fallout may have had outdated technology even for its time but it still looked great, the design was tasteful, was following a nice theme and it aged pretty well, it's a game you could play as new in 2011 and still find OK looking. They are called video games for a reason. I can't really enjoy a game if I find the visual stimuli to be truly unpleasant.

It doesn't have anything to do with technology, it's all about the artwork. Crysis may have the most advanced graphix engine but it still looks like shit, the nanosuit's artwork must have been drawn by an hormone raging 13 years old boy. There is no point in having the most advanced engine if your artists can't come up with something that would make it worth it.

Try to imagine what the Planescape world would look like in a modern engine. Now that would be something other than the generic, boring shit we're dealing with since forever.

what the fuck?

circ said:
I haven't played Gothic, save for Risen. And no, they're not shit, because they knew how to utilize pixels or textures so it didn't look like paper someone wiped their ass with. Some of the screenies make me think I've sleepwalked into a DeLorean and ended up playing a Quake 2 mod.

And the hair man, the hair? Like I've said before, hair textured like rugs would have been laughable 20 years ago.

So PST and the like have a good graphic, even though they are pixelated. But Dragon Age 2 is shit because hairs... what exactly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom