Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Seems like a safe (and boring) way to deal with an individual fodder enemy
But from the gameplay footage I've seen, the player usually fights multiple fodder enemies in a combat encounter (plus that seems like a side quest)
The number of enemies have no impact on difficulty or how you approach fights.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
It actually works on most of the combats you'll face in the game, at least so far. The exceptions being birds, but they still get stunlocked and boss monsters with a posture bar. Not that it really matters, it's just funny and silly. We have fun in games still right?

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Man for a guy who supposedly 'hates the gays' you have an extremely faggy, passive-aggressive posting style. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your assessment...maybe you have more in common...
nigga, you are arguing with a guy who playing drag kween in diablo 4.

cruel

Cipher
For what it's worth, I didn't like DMC V combat at all and dropped the game after 1h or so, but I really like combat in FF XVI. Don't assume that the combat system here is the same, it's not - slower and much less button mashing.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Anonona

Learned
For what it's worth, I didn't like DMC V combat at all and dropped the game after 1h or so, but I really like combat in FF XVI. Don't assume that the combat system here is the same, it's not - slower and much less button mashing.

For what I have seen is actually quite similar to DMC V. Even some attacks are equivalent to others in DMC V (like enemy stomp is in both games, stinger, Torgal is reminiscent of V from DMC V, etc), but it has its unique spin that makes it is own thing. What do you mean with button mashing exactly? That you need to do long strings of attacks to kill or that you just smash buttons without thinking?

Falksi

Arcane
Sold 3m in it's first week apparently. Respectable numbers for sure, but not sure that SE and it's shareholders will be happy with that considering they're wanting a piece of that Elden Ring action-based market.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Sold 3m in it's first week apparently. Respectable numbers for sure, but not sure that SE and it's shareholders will be happy with that considering they're wanting a piece of that Elden Ring action-based market.
This doesn't hold a candle to Elden ring.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Good on 'em. This franchise never deserved to be famous.
This franchise has some pretty good games on it, and a general good taste for music, visuals and sense of adventure.

It´s not the best RPG franchise out there, but deserves clearly a place in gaming history.
The original Final Fantasy borrows more from Dungeons & Dragons than any CRPG without the D&D/AD&D license:

gbfzj9.png
0wkajq.jpg

fcdq59.jpg
fjcil6.png

ffrjia.png
uzllag.jpg

Six examples of Amano's concept art: Beholder "Evil Eye", Mind Flayer, Sahuagin, Chimaera, Tiamat, Type V Demon Marilith "Kary".

Falksi

Arcane
Good on 'em. This franchise never deserved to be famous.
This franchise has some pretty good games on it, and a general good taste for music, visuals and sense of adventure.

It´s not the best RPG franchise out there, but deserves clearly a place in gaming history.
The original Final Fantasy borrows more from Dungeons & Dragons than any CRPG without the D&D/AD&D license:

gbfzj9.png
0wkajq.jpg

fcdq59.jpg
fjcil6.png

ffrjia.png
uzllag.jpg

Six examples of Amano's concept art: Beholder "Evil Eye", Mind Flayer, Sahuagin, Chimaera, Tiamat, Type V Demon Marilith "Kary".
Bang on.

There's a spreadsheet here of just how much FF ripped off D&D...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nfS3wPwmTVWhwByVpO3ZZ2p1QiUtwZ5QHFUtSj29n1o/edit#gid=0

abija

Prophet
Sold better than Bloodborne right? They shoudn't be that delusional to compare with a multiplatform release.

Falksi

Arcane
Sold better than Bloodborne right? They shoudn't be that delusional to compare with a multiplatform release.
Bloodborne's pretty niche, I doubt Square were even looking at that. Elden Ring, Witcher 3 etc. that's more what I think they were going for tbh. More mainstream entries.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

You didn't even experience the fckn combat if you dropped DMC5 in 1 hour. All I'm getting from this is FF16 combat works on Bioware's Awesome Button principle.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bloodborne's pretty niche, I doubt Square were even looking at that. Elden Ring, Witcher 3 etc. that's more what I think they were going for tbh. More mainstream entries.
Nah it seemed Square was targeting a large homosexual audience. All the gays seem to be loving it. It seems like a huge success. Like how Skyrim was a big hit with normies, ff16 seems to be a big success with men who like having penis in their mouth and butt.

Gruncheon

Augur
Nah it seemed Square was targeting a large homosexual audience. All the gays seem to be loving it. It seems like a huge success. Like how Skyrim was a big hit with normies, ff16 seems to be a big success with men who like having penis in their mouth and butt.

The writer Céline was known for bringing the Jews into every conversation. Didn't matter the topic, the venue, he'd speak about them with such venom that Ezra Pound, a committed fascist, was put off by the guy. Years later, it was discovered Celine was deathly afraid that he himself had Jewish ancestry, which he did. I say this because literally every one of your posts in this thread is a totally unprompted deep dive into gay sex.

SDG...I am trying to help you...You are Celine, SDG....but a gay retard version of Celine that can't write well...pls accept the truth.

Yep, there's definitely some gay stuff going on here

This is actually the most kino scene in the game. It's wonderful.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
The writer Céline was known for bringing the Jews into every conversation. Didn't matter the topic, the venue, he'd speak about them with such venom that Ezra Pound, a committed fascist, was put off by the guy. Years later, it was discovered Celine was deathly afraid that he himself had Jewish ancestry, which he did. I say this because literally every one of your posts in this thread is a totally unprompted deep dive into gay sex.

SDG...I am trying to help you...You are Celine, SDG....but a gay retard version of Celine that can't write well...pls accept the truth.
Céline did nothing wrong...cool guy...for a borderline misanthrope.

turkishronin

Arcane
The writer Céline was known for bringing the Jews into every conversation. Didn't matter the topic, the venue, he'd speak about them with such venom that Ezra Pound, a committed fascist, was put off by the guy. Years later, it was discovered Celine was deathly afraid that he himself had Jewish ancestry, which he did
Lovecraft wrote a novel with this theme when he found out that he had Welsh ancestry. Many such cases!

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
So you're a fan of Final Fantasy XVI now?

lycanwarrior

Scholar
The game is available on PS5 only; Elden Ring was a cross-gen title and available on PC.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Okay! I finally got to the real gay part. It was like 800 hours in to the game. They should've put it at the start, it would've had a 98% critic score on Metacritic if they did. They should know that pro journalists don't play games that long.

Enjoy masturbating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom