Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Yeah I just imagined that there were shitdicks in this game. Oh wait...

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-16-dion-lgbtqia-representation-pride-month-kiss-scene-good-bad/#:~:text=The introduction of the first,to play for Pride Month.

All hail FF16, the official RPG of rainbow pride month!
Don't fret, as soon as I encounter some gay shit I'll give you a full report in explicit detail

Gruncheon

Augur

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-16-dion-lgbtqia-representation-pride-month-kiss-scene-good-bad/#:~:text=The introduction of the first,to play for Pride Month.

There's a lot of flippant shitposting going around from people who haven't played the game - but this is the one that's really dumb. You literally have the least pozzed game in years here, it's a small miracle that this and Elden Ring exist - and all you're capable of doing is a low energy hurrdurr the gays post. Have you actually played it btw?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Good on 'em. This franchise never deserved to be famous.
This franchise has some pretty good games on it, and a general good taste for music, visuals and sense of adventure.

It´s not the best RPG franchise out there, but deserves clearly a place in gaming history.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

There's a lot of flippant shitposting going around from people who haven't played the game - but this is the one that's really dumb. You literally have the least pozzed game in years here, it's a small miracle that this and Elden Ring exist - and all you're capable of doing is a low energy hurrdurr the gays post. Have you actually played it btw?
Almost all the negativity comes from people that have not played it.

Forces of evil are attacking it because it has beauty and soul in it, unlike 90% of high budget games today, with ugly masculine black women as protagonist and reskinned San Francisco shithole as setting.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Gay moment #1: The King of the blue team is smelling a flower while addressing his nobles. He then tenderly places it on a platter in the hands of a male servant. Flowers are for girls and are therefore gay. Having a male servant is also pretty gay, especially when you consider that he could, as king, choose any servant in the lands. The way he handled the flower was much too gentle, like the soft feminine touch of a gay man.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

No you totally misread me. I'm not shitposting. I just hate weeb animu shit like FF and I especially hate the gays.

Gruncheon

Augur

No you totally misread me. I'm not shitposting. I just hate weeb animu shit like FF and I especially hate the gays.
"I'm not shitposting. I just [shitpost]" is not quite the clarification you're hoping for here. Try an actual argument rather than speaking in canned /v/ phrases, it will be good for you.

Gay moment #1: The King of the blue team is smelling a flower while addressing his nobles. He then tenderly places it on a platter in the hands of a male servant. Flowers are for girls and are therefore gay. Having a male servant is also pretty gay, especially when you consider that he could, as king, choose any servant in the lands. The way he handled the flower was much too gentle, like the soft feminine touch of a gay man.

If you really think about it, it's pretty gay that Clive spends 20 years thinking about Joshua, another male. He could be doing anything during that time. Why would Squeenix do this?

Falksi

Arcane
I don't find his assement contradictory
The game might be easy, yet if the gameplay mechanics are well designed then technically speaking the gameplay is indeed good

A similiar case imo is MGS5 - without the Harcore Mod, I found the game piss easy, but mechanically there's no denying the game is being reproach

I guess my position is that if a game is piss easy, then the gameplay is flawed by the very nature of that extreme lack of challenge. A game doesn't need to be incredibly difficult for me to enjoy it, but it needs to at least provide me with impetus to engage with the mechanics beyond the most surface level. Yeah, he says there's a lot of different ways to approach combat, but why even bother if adaptation isn't even required for 90% of the game? Therefore, declaring a game as 10/10, then blatantly ignoring perhaps its greatest fault is extremely foolish to me.

Either way, I'm still hopeful Squeenix will see the error in their ways and add another difficulty mode. It would address a great majority of the "lacking in depth" criticisms the game is getting in one fell swoop if you actually had to utilize the variety in combat. It just kind of blows my mind that it would release this way in this day and age.
Granted i will have to take the game when it releases for pc but is that easy?
I´m at Level 21. So far the regular encounters are very easy, some mid bosses can beat you If not playing carefully, and the same for bosses.

But I don't think every game has to be hard and punishing to be considered good. It´s enjoyable to have fun, juggle enemies and killing them in cool ways like in DMC lower difficulties. They tried to create a package that's easy to relax and enjoy. (Gorgeous environments/graphics, good music, responsive combat, decent story and characters)

The thing is, the game is heavily combat focused, but in DMC you have a robust scoring system, so beating missions in normal with C rate is kind of lame, so you are encouraged to play better.

I agree that FFXVI could have benefited from a higher difficulty setting selectable from start.

My summary is FFXVI is a good game in most aspects that could be have been great with just 3 things:
- Bit more challenge
- Better rewards for exploration/combat (areas are good when the game opens up, but chests doesn´t contain cool items and enemies mostly drop crafting materials)
- More fleshed out character development (equipment and skills are very limited)
This is the problem though...

I agree that FFXVI could have benefited from a higher difficulty setting selectable from start.

Any game without a harder difficulty option from the get-go deserves panning for only having an easy challenge if the player is forced to undertake that.

Not everyone plays games for a challenge, that is correct, but some do. If those some don't have the option of giving it a challenge then the game then the game has dropped the ball.

Anonona

Learned
Skill Up's review is pretty savage. Makes the game sound pretty bad tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzfUardkloY for anyone that hasn't watched it yet

I wouldn't trust his opinion too much in this particular game. He already stated that he thinks games like DMC and Bayonetta are just "button smashers", and of course this game's combat system is in the same genre as those two, if somewhat simpler. He critizes the game for having too much cutscenes but loves GoW: Ragnarok despite Ragnarok being very guilty of "walk while a NPC spouts exposition", which I would consider worse because you cannot even skip it on replays. He goes on and on on how the RPG elements are poor, but if you followed the game development it was clear that the game was very much Action, very little RPG. He also has many of the same complaints towards FF7R but loves that game and somehow hates XVI, not to mention that he says some thing that are factually wrong, like the lack of endgame after beating the game, failing to mention NG+/FF mode or Ultramaniac mode or the Global Rankings.

Link here for comparision for FF7R and FF XVI review, sorry for posting reddit

5j0mqqaclyx11.jpg

To me he seems like FF XVI just wasn't the kind of game he was qualified to review.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I think sodomy is wrong also. I don´t hate gays, I think they are gross and it´s lame that they die young and they have to wear diapers, because they can't help themselves from introducing objects in their anus.

But if you hate FF and anime in general, you are not here criticising this game for its flaws, just shitposting a particular game for an entire genre you don't like. Be honest.

Yosharian

Arcane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzfUardkloY for anyone that hasn't watched it yet

I wouldn't trust his opinion too much in this particular game. He already stated that he thinks games like DMC and Bayonetta are just "button smashers", and of course this game's combat system is in the same genre as those two, if somewhat simpler. He critizes the game for having too much cutscenes but loves GoW: Ragnarok despite Ragnarok being very guilty of "walk while a NPC spouts exposition", which I would consider worse because you cannot even skip it on replays. He goes on and on on how the RPG elements are poor, but if you followed the game development it was clear that the game was very much Action, very little RPG. He also has many of the same complaints towards FF7R but loves that game and somehow hates XVI, not to mention that he says some thing that are factually wrong, like the lack of endgame after beating the game, failing to mention NG+/FF mode or Ultramaniac mode or the Global Rankings.

5j0mqqaclyx11.jpg

To me he seems like FF XVI just wasn't the kind of game he was qualified to review.
I'm fully aware of his shortcomings as a reviewer, my issue is that his most savage criticisms were nothing at all to do with the combat

'lol he doesn't even like DMC5' is absolutely irrelevant

Anonona

Learned
'lol he doesn't even like DMC5' is absolutely irrelevant
And as I said, the pace of GoW and FF7R and how the present their plots are probably worse or at least as bad as FF XVI, yet somehow it is FF XVI which gets shit on while the others get a pass. Not to mention that he is criticizing the game for what it isn't instead of what it is. Also somehow changing GoW from pure Hack n'Slash to some strange ARPG hybrid is fine, but FF going from RPG to ARPG isn't. Not to mention that the RPG elements he wants the game to have (elemental weaknesses for example) would actually go against the game design. Because as any fan of Hack n' Slash game can tell you, elemental resistant enemies, A.K.A coloured enemies are some of the worst design decision of any action game, which both modern GoW was guilty of, and that abhorrent re imagining, DmC: Devil May Cry (it was so bad in the latter that the especial edition gets rid of them).

And no, it isn't irrelevant, because it is not a matter of him not liking the game, is the fact that he lacks an understanding of the genre in general, which is what his comment exposes.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Not to mention that he is criticizing the game for what it isn't instead of what it is.

It's the 16th entry in the series. It's perfectly fine to criticize it for straying, if one feels the value of what's new does not outweigh the loss of the old.

Yosharian

Arcane
the pace of GoW and FF7R and how the present their plots are probably worse or at least as bad as FF XVI, yet somehow it is FF XVI which gets shit on while the others get a pass
Weird cos I watched his review and I understand exactly why he said that

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

5j0mqqaclyx11.jpg

I don´t even like Bayonetta. Saying that it and DMC are button mashers is absolutely retarded and ignorant. His review should be ignored.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there anyone commenting in this thread that thinks FFXVI is bad and has actually played it?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Is there anyone commenting in this thread that thinks FFXVI is bad and has actually played it?
I'm not sure, I haven't finished yet. I don't really think it is good though.

I have a ton of issues with the game so far but I'll also acknowledge that there are strong points. For instance, the combat is quick and responsive with a wide array of mechanics associated with it. The complete lack of any challenge or implementation of strategic systems hamstrings the underlying solid system badly and you end up with something that gets boring very quickly.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Seems like a safe (and boring) way to deal with an individual fodder enemy
But from the gameplay footage I've seen, the player usually fights multiple fodder enemies in a combat encounter (plus that seems like a side quest)

Gruncheon

Augur
Makes me feel young again <3

Man for a guy who supposedly 'hates the gays' you have an extremely faggy, passive-aggressive posting style. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your assessment...maybe you have more in common...

Recorded a couple of epic final fantasy duels for you to enjoy boys

ROUND 1

ROUND 2

This is the equivalent of the DMC5 WebM of some guy spamming triangle on the easiest enemies in the game on easy mode. Try it with one of the Marks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom