Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final Fantasy IX Remake

America is at fault for Japan's decisions yet again because.. well they just are okay?
Well they are a vassal state of the US empire.

Every example you keep bringing up is to appease the western audience lead by the US.

Can't look back at decades of faggotry in Japan and blame the Japanese for that.
Things seemed to be a lot less gay before America rewrote their constitution.
Kuniyoshi_Old-Buddhist.jpg
Americans turned that from a degenerate elite activity to a forced widespread culturally accepted activity. Not just in Japan but around the world.

After disposing of the samurai:
the Ministry of Justice passed a sodomy law in 1873 criminalizing homosexual practices

Now with the guiding hand of America:
Japan has no laws against homosexual activity and has some legal protections for gay individuals.

And since you brought up Poison earlier while still being an ignorant zoomer:
Poison was originally conceived as a female thug in Final Fight. Originally intended as athletic fast characters for players to encounter, due to concerns during Final Fight's development about reactions from North American audiences to fighting women led to both Poison and Roxy being re-imagined as trans-women.
Stay mad amerimutt.

Hell Swarm

Educated
America is at fault for Japan's decisions yet again because.. well they just are okay?
Well they are a vassal state of the US empire.

Every example you keep bringing up is to appease the western audience lead by the US.

Can't look back at decades of faggotry in Japan and blame the Japanese for that.
Things seemed to be a lot less gay before America rewrote their constitution.
Kuniyoshi_Old-Buddhist.jpg
Americans turned that from a degenerate elite activity to a forced widespread culturally accepted activity. Not just in Japan but around the world.

the Ministry of Justice passed a sodomy law in 1873 criminalizing homosexual practices

Now with the guiding hand of America:
Japan has no laws against homosexual activity and has some legal protections for gay individuals.

And since you brought up Poison earlier while still being an ignorant zoomer:
Poison was originally conceived as a female thug in Final Fight. Originally intended as athletic fast characters for players to encounter, due to concerns during Final Fight's development about reactions from North American audiences to fighting women led to both Poison and Roxy being re-imagined as trans-women.
Stay mad amerimutt.
Japan has a long history of homosexual mean raping young boys. The act was brought in during 1873 because it was becoming such a big problem in their culture they had to ban it. Which means before America had any control of Japan they had a grooming problem as bad as discord.

Capcom Japan decided to change her to a 'new half' if you read the actual wikipedia article you're quoting. And the director said as much when 'she' was cut from the American release.

I'm not American.

Japan has a long history of homosexual mean raping young boys. The act was brought in during 1873 because it was becoming such a big problem in their culture they had to ban it.
Pederasty was almost entirely amongst a samurai minority class. The point made was that it was self corrected after the samurai were deposed from the Boshin war and reappeared after becoming a vassal state after losing WW2.

You are just like a SJW claiming everybody in Ancient Greece was a pedophile faggot because a few of the elites partook in it.

Capcom Japan decided to change her to a 'new half' if you read the actual wikipedia article you're quoting. And the director said as much when 'she' was cut from the American release.
Directly due to the influence of the US as stated by the creators.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Pederasty was almost entirely amongst a samurai minority class. The point made was that it was self corrected after the samurai were deposed from the Boshin war and reappeared after becoming a vassal state after losing WW2.
Japan's obsession with pedophilia topics has been a large part of it's history and continues to this day. They are genetically disposed towards abusing young children. You see it today with their lolicon obsession and you see it in their history where they raped children. I'm sorry you feel so loyal to a country that would happily rape and kill you if given half a chance. Have you tried playing some good Western RPGs instead? They can help you come to terms with your trauma so you stop projecting more child abuse into the world.

Try this one.

I'm sorry you feel so loyal to a country that would happily rape and kill you if given half a chance. Have you tried playing some good Western RPGs instead? They can help you come to terms with your trauma so you stop projecting more child abuse into the world.
Well whoever's alt this is waiting for access to GD have fun. Arguments aren't entertaining when the other side reaches the point of resorting to lies. See you in a couple months when you start trolling GD.

Hell Swarm

Educated
They are genetically disposed towards abusing young children.

This is a very silly argument. Pedophilia has been a problem all over the world and will continue to be as long as society keeps indulging it.
Some groups are more inclined to some mental health problems such as wanting to fuck children. Japan still had CP legal for many years after the civilized world banned it and made it super illegal. Japan monetizes it to this day with it's child modeling videos and lolicon material.

Can the JIDF stop derailing the FF9 thread now?

911 Jumper

Educated
You realize a company the size of Capcom has more than one marketing department, right? What degenerate shit their western department does does not reflect on the company as a whole. Capcom as a majority probably doesn't even know who those streamers are, nor do they give a shit.

Those freaks were promoted by Capcom USA via its official Twitch channel. The channel is named “Capcom” USA. It's the official Twitch channel for the Capcom's content in the US, so yes in my view it reflects the company as a whole. A global company isn't going to spend several million dollars making a game and not know who they are using to promote it. Capcom could have picked a pair of normal people to promote Exoprimal – the game itself has nothing to do with LGBT – but they decided to go with two grotesque drag queens named “Deere” and “BiqtchPuddin”.

Those freaks were promoted by Capcom USA via its official Twitch channel.
I'm going to guess like NOA Crapcom USA is an entire corporate structure that doesn't even need to contact the main branch in Japan for advertising so it isn't a surprise the US wing did this.

911 Jumper

Educated
I'm going to guess like NOA Crapcom USA is an entire corporate structure that doesn't even need to contact the main branch in Japan for advertising so it isn't a surprise the US wing did this.
No doubt, Capcom USA has a separate corporate structure from Capcom Japan, but that does not mean they don't communicate and simply keep each other in the dark, especially when it comes to the overseas promotion of a product that costs several million dollars and takes lots of man hours to make.
The idea that a global company, in the age of social media, doesn't know (or care) how its branch in one of the major territories it operates in is promoting its products is simply absurd.

Hell Swarm

Educated
You realize a company the size of Capcom has more than one marketing department, right? What degenerate shit their western department does does not reflect on the company as a whole. Capcom as a majority probably doesn't even know who those streamers are, nor do they give a shit.

Those freaks were promoted by Capcom USA via its official Twitch channel. The channel is named “Capcom” USA. It's the official Twitch channel for the Capcom's content in the US, so yes in my view it reflects the company as a whole. A global company isn't going to spend several million dollars making a game and not know who they are using to promote it. Capcom could have picked a pair of normal people to promote Exoprimal – the game itself has nothing to do with LGBT – but they decided to go with two grotesque drag queens named “Deere” and “BiqtchPuddin”.

They also did videos of them touring the capcom offices.

No doubt, Capcom USA has a separate corporate structure from Capcom Japan, but that does not mean they don't communicate and simply keep each other in the dark, especially when it comes to the overseas promotion of a product that costs several million dollars and takes lots of man hours to make.
The idea that a global company, in the age of social media, doesn't know (or care) how its branch in one of the major territories it operates in is promoting its products is simply absurd.
The head of Capcom USA's marketing is a tranny. Capcom Japan wouldn't accept this if they didn't approve of it. The same way we're seeing this ideology infect their games. Capcom have always tried to pander to the international market and that's why it's approved of by Capcom Japan. They think this is how they crack global markets now so they pander to it. The same way they gave us really bad western made RE multiplayer shooters when the west made Japan look small time during the 360's peak.

911 Jumper

Educated
The head of Capcom USA's marketing is a tranny. Capcom Japan wouldn't accept this if they didn't approve of it. The same way we're seeing this ideology infect their games. Capcom have always tried to pander to the international market and that's why it's approved of by Capcom Japan. They think this is how they crack global markets now so they pander to it. The same way they gave us really bad western made RE multiplayer shooters when the west made Japan look small time during the 360's peak.
I'm not aware of Capcom USA's marketing head being a tranny. Do you mean a person named Jaclyn Simmons? If so I can't find anything about her being transgender, and from a brief audio interview I've just heard, she doesn't sound like a man.

Capcom is probably the most “Westernised” Japanese game dev/publisher with Square Enix following closely behind. Street Fighter is the primary vessel through which Capcom has appealed to the West's diversity fantasies. Capcom's games, unlike say Koei Tecmo's games, have fundamentally tried to appeal to America more than any other region.

If I am correct, even the Japanese versions of Capcom's big games such as Resident Evil and Devil May Cry have always only had English voice acting with Japanese subtitles /in game menus.

Hell Swarm

Educated
I'm not aware of Capcom USA's marketing head being a tranny. Do you mean a person named Jaclyn Simmons? If so I can't find anything about her being transgender, and from a brief audio interview I've just heard, she doesn't sound like a man.
If it's not the head it's up there. I forget the name now but there's ways to find if it you dig into the trenches of culture war gossip around exoprimal. Either way drag queens shouldn't be any where near anything except a rope.
If I am correct, even the Japanese versions of Capcom's big games such as Resident Evil and Devil May Cry have always only had English voice acting with Japanese subtitles /in game menus.
Their big games are in English by default. They even use English speaking motion capture artists for DMC and street fighter. Capcom JAPAN refused to answer the actor for Dante and Ken when Twitter threw bullshit at him. And it took a director to step in and recontact him personally going above the studio's heads to get him back involved with Capcom.

911 Jumper

Educated
If it's not the head it's up there. I forget the name now but there's ways to find if it you dig into the trenches of culture war gossip around exoprimal. Either way drag queens shouldn't be any where near anything except a rope.
Their big games are in English by default. They even use English speaking motion capture artists for DMC and street fighter. Capcom JAPAN refused to answer the actor for Dante and Ken when Twitter threw bullshit at him. And it took a director to step in and recontact him personally going above the studio's heads to get him back involved with Capcom.
Thanks (sorry can't upvote your post as I have no access to Reactions at the moment), I'll have to look into it. I wasn't aware of the situation regarding Ken and Dante's VA. It kind of reminds me of the way Hideo Kojima casually dropped David Hayter for MGSV.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Thanks (sorry can't upvote your post as I have no access to Reactions at the moment), I'll have to look into it. I wasn't aware of the situation regarding Ken and Dante's VA. It kind of reminds me of the way Hideo Kojima casually dropped David Hayter for MGSV.
He was slightly based so Newsweek did a hit piece on him.

So, some people wrote Capcom, particularly [Street Fighter series producer Yoshinori] Ono-san,” noted Langdon. “He saw it, and I guess he lost his sh-t. He didn’t understand the nuances and didn’t bother to reach out to me to ask ‘What the hell’s going on?’ He got super scared and actually called – I remember this very clearly because this was a few days before E3 started – my partner calls me and he goes ‘Reuben! What the f–k did you do!’, and I’m like, ‘What do you mean?! I didn’t do anything!’ ‘You don’t realize how much damage you’ve done! We just lost the Street Fighter gig!’ And he said, ‘Yeah, because of that Newsweek article, we – the [motion capture] company [Just Cause Productions] that I was no longer a part of – actually lost a multi-million dollar gig’, because Ono, in a sense, thought that I was still part of the company, which I wasn’t, didn’t do any research, any homework, didn’t look into it or even bother to have a conversation.”

“I tried to arrange a meeting so I could sit down with Ono-san and explain what happened, that this was all taken out of context, this was not the case, it was a hit piece, literally, from this Newsweek guy,” he asserted. “But Ono-san wouldn’t have it. He wouldn’t even take a meeting. It was crazy.”

911 Jumper

Educated
He was slightly based so Newsweek did a hit piece on him.

So, some people wrote Capcom, particularly [Street Fighter series producer Yoshinori] Ono-san,” noted Langdon. “He saw it, and I guess he lost his sh-t. He didn’t understand the nuances and didn’t bother to reach out to me to ask ‘What the hell’s going on?’ He got super scared and actually called – I remember this very clearly because this was a few days before E3 started – my partner calls me and he goes ‘Reuben! What the f–k did you do!’, and I’m like, ‘What do you mean?! I didn’t do anything!’ ‘You don’t realize how much damage you’ve done! We just lost the Street Fighter gig!’ And he said, ‘Yeah, because of that Newsweek article, we – the [motion capture] company [Just Cause Productions] that I was no longer a part of – actually lost a multi-million dollar gig’, because Ono, in a sense, thought that I was still part of the company, which I wasn’t, didn’t do any research, any homework, didn’t look into it or even bother to have a conversation.”

“I tried to arrange a meeting so I could sit down with Ono-san and explain what happened, that this was all taken out of context, this was not the case, it was a hit piece, literally, from this Newsweek guy,” he asserted. “But Ono-san wouldn’t have it. He wouldn’t even take a meeting. It was crazy.”
I wasn't aware of this at all. I don't follow Street Fighter news so that's probably why. His comments weren't even bad. I guess we can expect more knee-bending from Capcom in future. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to calls to remove Asmongold from DD2.

You could make the same claim about localizers/localizations but the facts wouldn't be on your side of "Well it's just common sense bro".

911 Jumper

Educated
You could make the same claim about localizers/localizations but the facts wouldn't be on your side of "Well it's just common sense bro".
Comparing localisation errors to hiring two drag queens? The latter is far easier to avoid.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Americans
3xm9e1.png

Heh
The irony of your post here is the fact those laws and the Meiji Restoration as a whole - which Japanese traditionalists believe was more destructive to the cultural soul of Japan, than the Chinese Cultural Revolution - happened because of American pressure :)

Comparing localisation errors to hiring two drag queens? The latter is far easier to avoid.
"Errors" lol. Lmao even. They change entire characters and plotlines and add politicized bullshit and the mainland offices almost never care. Just like how the mainland office doesn't care how the US subsidiary runs its marketing.

FF9 was NOT a hit and was NOT seen as a good game. It's zoomers who have coopted it thinking it represented "old" final fantasy, which to be fair was a selling point. The issue is that the turn to full on anime made Square a ton of money, and turned FF into a crossover success, not only from Japan to the West, but as a genre defining game as a whole.

FF8 was still being actively talked about when FF9 launched. By the time X came out (which was even more massive than 7 and 8 combined), nobody even remembered 9.

Source: I was there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom