Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus Urquhart and Josh Sawyer talk about upcoming Obsidian games at Gamepressure

Viata

Arcane
anus_pounder has been revealing very good taste lately, since his return. Both PoE and AoD at least, I have seen. I also thinks he hates FO4, which is more than you can say about half the popamolers who pollute RPGCodex.

I have yet to see anyone here who seems to legitimately like Fallout 4. Pirating a game is not an endorsement of it, as everyone should well know.
There are those who bought the game posting on this forum.

Why do you think Obsidian didn't demand the full rights to the Fallout sereis in return for making the game? And maybe a 50% share in Zenimax as well?

Edit: I don't think Zenimax actually owned the full rights to Fallout in 2009.

95796-Glorious-K-gif-ok-okay-James-B-qy8v.gif

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
"Anything they wanted to do" didn't include changing FO3's basic interface and user experience. It'll have to have a voiced main character, there's no going back from that.

Let's say that my fantasy scenario comes true and Obsidian is tapped to make Fallout 4:NV, and they must use the same skill-tree system and voiced protagonist as FO4 does, I hope they do it like Alpha Protocol so the protagonist always sounds like a complete douche no matter what choice the player makes. It's hilarious.

Prime Junta

anus_pounder has been revealing very good taste lately, since his return. Both PoE and AoD at least, I have seen. I also thinks he hates FO4, which is more than you can say about half the popamolers who pollute RPGCodex.

I have yet to see anyone here who seems to legitimately like Fallout 4. Pirating a game is not an endorsement of it, as everyone should well know.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/impressions-after-finishing-f4.104923/

Ninjerk

Arcane
It has taken everything in me not to click on that and start a generally belligerent shitposting spree.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why yes, they'll cross liicense Wasteland and some tech from Inxile, and we will eventually get WL3 with Choplifter engine (there is also a storymode with no fiighting). Also, Nathan Long will still be the lead writer. Sir Tim is allowed to produce a few guacamole recipes with a postapocalyptic twist (i.e. the salt is not necessarily kosher).

hpstg

Savant
Tim Cain is thrown there as bait. PoE had everything perfect on paper, and it's not a bad game. It is a game with no soul though, which is quite ironic for a game about souls. Sawyer sounds like the perfect person to clamp down and compartmentalize crazier peoples ideas, so they can be a shippable game. I wouldn't trust him being the creative lead on anything, as this soullessness seems to be stemming from him.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Tim Cain is thrown there as bait. PoE had everything perfect on paper, and it's not a bad game. It is a game with no soul though, which is quite ironic for a game about souls.
On the contrary, the state of the world in Pillars of Eternity acts as a metaphor for Obsidian itself.

Thonius

Arcane
"This (input name for game, movie, book product in general) have no soul" its a way of saying that you don't like something, but have no arguments or thoughts in general on that matter , just a "strong" position dictated by your subconscious. Needless to say that such opinions must be dismissed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
"This (input name for game, movie, book product in general) have no soul" its a way of saying that you don't like something, but have no arguments or thoughts in general on that matter , just a "strong" position dictated by your subconscious. Needless to say that such opinions must be dismissed.
Everything is an opinion. We are not talking about laws of physics here.

ArchAngel

Arcane
All opinions are morally equivalent and relative, no objective truth is to be found in the universe and all attempts to persuit it are futile.
Seems there is some hope for this Italian. All you need to do now is renounce your God Sawyer and turn away from Sawyerism and you can be saved.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I wouldn't trust him being the creative lead on anything, as this soullessness seems to be stemming from him.
I don't like this soulless thing, too mystical, you could just say he suffers from autism that is more cientifically sounding.

DeepOcean

Arcane
All opinions are morally equivalent and relative, no objective truth is to be found in the universe and all attempts to persuit it are futile.
If all opinions are relative, there are no opinion that is universally true, including the opinion that all opinions are relative so "all opinions are relative relative" can't be true because if truth can't be known and as "all opinions are relative" is a truth statement so it can't be true because truth can't be known.

So, I declare the objective truth that Irenaeus is a faggot.:smug:

Oni

Novice
1. I don't know why anyone is talking about Obsidian's Metacritic score for New Vegas with respect to their relationship with Bethesda:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4?user_review_id=5674591

2. The reason saying something has no soul is useless is not because it's invalid, but because no one knows what the fuck you mean except people who already agree with you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom