Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus Urquhart and Josh Sawyer talk about upcoming Obsidian games at Gamepressure

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
All opinions are morally equivalent and relative, no objective truth is to be found in the universe and all attempts to persuit it are futile.

To put it more simply, everything is shit.

Thonius

Arcane
Enough with this mind equilibristic rubbish. Do you want to be a modern philosopher aka Starbucks staff? Because this is what do Art and History/Linguistic etc majors.
"Game have no soul" excuse its just a lazy way to project your opinion, and thus you should not be rewarded.
So you're lazy faggot that can not think for 5 or so minutes to weight trough your feelings that were triggering by one ore more aspect of a game.

hpstg

Savant
Well, if I said that the game didn't make me feel anything strongly, would that be better? Fallout 4 is a huge wasted opportunity and a much worse game than PoE in both its artistic direction and writing. Yet when I play it, it definitely makes me feel things. Mostly negative things, but I have reactions to stuff. Divinity the same. Pillars and Wasteland feel very bland. I don't know if it's the writing, the setting, the audio or whatever. It gives me the same feeling like Cinderella songs. The lyrics are there, the music is there, but they might as well be an elevator band.

Taskityo

Educated

garren

Arcane
Patron
I think it's quite clear cut what people mean when they say PoE has no soul. No one says Dragon Age 2 has no soul because it's obvious that the game is shit through and through. But here we have a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate games that should have everything in place, and at first glance looks like quite the successor. Then you play it and... meh. Banal, shit, boring. For more information, please browse through Darth Roxor's review.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I think it's quite clear cut what people mean when they say PoE has no soul. No one says Dragon Age 2 has no soul because it's obvious that the game is shit through and through. But here we have a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate games that should have everything in place, and at first glance looks like quite the successor. Then you play it and... meh. Banal, shit, boring. For more information, please browse through Darth Roxor's review.

It's a great game and the rant is overrated.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I don't dislike 80s ZZ Top.

Roguey's a genderfluid entity...
Whose sole pastime is being coy and cagey.

You can drop the act my friend, the picture of you you riffing on two old white disgusting bearded dudes coopting blues and sanitizing it comes so effortlessly it's not even funny. Ah yeah, what's that word i'm looking for... "soulless"? :lol:

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

Oh please, that was one blowhard/tryhard rant. There's plenty to criticize with PoE, but hardly the banal superficial bullshit that the roxor twerp espouses. The butthurt is strong in that one.

hpstg

Savant

It is a great game, but it seems to have been made more with balance in mind instead of wanting to show or say something. That's not bad mind you, I just feel the killjoy seeping from it. I can't believe you are not able to tell the difference between a movie that was made well because it had to be made, and even a bad movie whose creator bled to make it. PoE seems like that. Even the Kickstarter pitch pulls in all the right words but you can clearly see that there is no creative passion behind it really.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Even the Kickstarter pitch pulls in all the right words but you can clearly see that there is no creative passion behind it really.

Because they had no actual plan for the game or an actual "burning desire" to fuel the "creative passion", they just started dropping names and features.

And when they actually started to make the game, it was the same. The game tries desperately to follow game design school principles, nothing else matters.

It was a business move through and trough and it shows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom