Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favourite characters.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Characters I hate... lesseeeeee....

Myron from Fallout 2. I loved to hate him. I always had him in my party, though, because fucker would make me super stimpaks. For someone so supposedly smart, he was easy as hell to manipulate. MUAHAHAHAHAH.

Also find me someone who didn't love to hate SHODAN and they are clinically retarded or DEAD. Which is to say I loved hating her.

Also Fu-Lou (I think that's what his name was?) from Breath of Fire IV. End guy, but you played him throughout. He's a bastard to fight, but you understand and sympathize with the man. OK nevermind I think I like him instead of like to hate him.

OK NOW I ACTUALLY DID NOT LIKE THESE CHARACTERS:

Ignus bugged the shit out of me. Fucking cackling bastard. I couldn't even get the flaming dick to leave my party (since it was obvious to me that he was going to be nothing but trouble later on) so I left him in the Modron Cube. Asshole.

Ken from Persona 3. Whiny overdramatic little dork. Boyfriend and I both called him a wiener.

Liara from Mass Effect. NO I DO NOT WANT YOUR HOT ALIEN SEXINGS, LEAVE ME ALONE. Oh yeah, humans are SOOOO new and mysterious, space-elf, whatevs. Saren also was very yawn. HE WAS EVIL BECAUSE HE WAS MIND-CONTROLLED! seems like a cop-out to me.

Any load bearing OH I WANT TO DESTROY THE WOOOOOORRRRLD end boss.

Otis from Dead Rising can die in a fire. A LONG SLOW PAINFUL FIRE. With acid.

Kratos. Fuck you. We get it. You hate everything and you're a badass. Also you fuck the womenz. So WHAT are your redeeming qualities again? Or are you a Rob Liefield wannabe game character? Die in fire.

Seymour from FFX. GOD I HATE YOU, YOU BLUE-HAIRED SON OF A FUCK. How many times did I kill this pretentious shit again? TOO MANY. When I kill someone I do it right and they are dead the FIRST TIME.

Gloria from Devil May Cry 4. Oh, christ, cutscene animators, SHE'S HOT, WE GET IT. You don't need to zoom in on her jigglesomes to remind us she's got HYOOJ CANS. If she had any actual compelling role in the game I'd be more apt to forgive this, but since she doesn't my vitriol remains. (also, tits don't really bounce when they're bound up in a corset. So stop making Trish's jubblies squirm around like cats under a blanket)

Nearly everyone from Culdcept: Saga (instead of the badass cepter lady in red who was a decent non-cheaty fight and who did not dress like a preposterous skank, and that neato snake with the two heads. Also the tranny lizardman was okay). Such non-characters of such preposterousness.

Any cackling emo kid villain who demands more power but cries and screams like a baby when they're defeated. I actually wrote Quarrel specifically to mock them. :twisted:

OK that's enough bile from me for now.

Project: Eternity
Annie Carlson said:
Liara from Mass Effect. NO I DO NOT WANT YOUR HOT ALIEN SEXINGS, LEAVE ME ALONE. Oh yeah, humans are SOOOO new and mysterious, space-elf, whatevs. Saren also was very yawn. HE WAS EVIL BECAUSE HE WAS MIND-CONTROLLED! seems like a cop-out to me.

Good to see you're not afraid of the Bioware RPG developer Gestapo. :lol:

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
racofer:

Oh, sure, I'll give you some tits!
3249451643_f2796e2d5f.jpg

Or maybe you prefer some nice curvy cans?
existing_ops_cans.jpg

Or some lovely melons?
melons.jpg

Even a cute pair of hooters!
2owls.jpg

Or a good solid rack!
Iron_Wire_Rack.jpg

(btw I can keep this up all day)

I also hate that little halfling bastard in Eye of the Beholder 2. Asshole done stole my stuff! ARGH!

racofer

Thread Incliner
*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*

exhausted.jpg

feighnt

Scholar
like all the rest, i loved Kreia. very non-black&white character, almost the *only* one in the starwars universe that managed to make the dark side into something more than "grr, smash!!!"

and, really, a bunch of other KOTOR2 chars - was actually impressed by Atton's twist, and i always really liked Bao-dur. etc etc.

... basically all of the supporting cast of MotB. ... kinda "'nuff said" there. certain characters from the OC as well, like Neeshka, Sand, Ammon Jerro.

... the villain of Penumbra: Black Plague. there are *very* few, if any, villains in video games that i actually come to HATE and really want to see dead as the game goes along... in fact, the villain of this game might've been the first and only. but it was a *good* hate.

undoubtedly some other stuff too (well, Glados, of course, among others).

characters i hate:

that fucking squid from FF6 :?

RINOA from FF8. might be my #1 hated character from any video games ever. fucking hell, what a terrible character! do the writers of the game ACTUALLY thing that a fucking idiot stalker is a great example of a mature romance??? :evil:

Laguna... i think his name was, from FF8 again. *very* close to Rinoa, MIGHT even surpass her in earning my hatred. a fucking man-child who spends hours stuttering when he meets OMG A GIRL!!!!1 (i'm sure the writers thought this was dead funny), complete coward in battle who gets his much more enjoyable, mature comrades almost killed and one of them becomes mute from the ordeal, just a total simpleton throughout the game (i cant believe i played so far into this train wreck of a game, i dont remember enjoying more than a few small parts, and i HATED so much of it). they were trying, with Laguna, to have a nice, sensitive character that people would look at and go "aww, what a noble, gentle soul!" but, no, he was just an idiot. and a simpleton. a REALLY ANNOYING simpleton. ... fuck, i hate that game.

hell, add basically all of the characters from FF8 (aside from the two guys who, inexplicably, followed Laguna around, i didnt mind them). they were all terrible and immature... like, wtf??? a guy who has a reputation for being an AMAZING sniper... who hasnt assassinated even one person, you find out. and who, despite that he's killed a hundred or so enemies on the way there, gets the shakes and cant manage to snipe ONE FUCKING TYRANT. idiot! selphie the childish drip, zell (or whatever) the Michelangelo-ninja-turtle wannabee who goes on about hotdogs all the time... fuck, what a worthless game! :evil: :evil: :evil:

ALL OF THE BEAVORS FROM SUIKODEN 5. no, they're not cute. they're worse than ewoks. worse than Jar-jar. and i hate them, and want them to die. and i hated that i had to save them when the villain set their village on fire. and i stopped the game after that terribly written scene (preceded by a number of other terribly written parts) and i will never ever go back. i was just stunned into silence about how bad it was, i quietly put the controller down, turned the game off, and put the game away forever.

Annie Carlson said:
Liara from Mass Effect. NO I DO NOT WANT YOUR HOT ALIEN SEXINGS, LEAVE ME ALONE.

hah, yeah! what the hell was with that? you have, like, one, relatively polite conversation with her, and the next time she's trying to sex you up. :? "oh! i'm sorry, the way you talked to me once and didnt try to kill me, i thought you wanted to copulate!" "uh... no, that's ok..."

ps: her hair looks like a bike helmet. not sexy.

didnt much like Ashley either. she wasnt a terribly written character - it's interesting to see that they didnt make the racist character a *totally* black&white person. but i wasnt interested in having a relationship with her. and i kept being polite, but not encouraging her advances. but she kept making them. again and again. as if i HAD been acting like i was even slightly interested in her. "no, Ashley, asking about your family doesnt mean i want to have sex with you. i've talked to Kaidan and Wrex and the others a lot about their pasts too, but i'm not hitting any of *them* either. ... now please, if you would, go die on some planet, would you?"

... i shouldnt talk about things i hate. i obviously get too worked up. :(

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
feighnt said:
... the villain of Penumbra: Black Plague. there are *very* few, if any, villains in video games that i actually come to HATE and really want to see dead as the game goes along... in fact, the villain of this game might've been the first and only. but it was a *good* hate.

I kinda wonder how he picked up the name "Clarence" if the main character only saw half of It's A Wonderful Life, Clarence does not appear until much later in the film, before that you only hear his voice and not for long. Clarence picked the name in a twist of irony, because the character from the movie is a guardian angel, but that role only develops in the last fourth of the movie.

Cool villain though.

feighnt

Scholar
Gragt said:
I kinda wonder how he picked up the name "Clarence" if the main character only saw half of It's A Wonderful Life, Clarence does not appear until much later in the film, before that you only hear his voice and not for long. Clarence picked the name in a twist of irony, because the character from the movie is a guardian angel, but that role only develops in the last fourth of the movie.

Cool villain though.

hmm, i'd forgotten about that. did they specify if he'd seen only the *first* half or the *last* half?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
When Clarence reveals himself, he remarks that Philip has thousands of movies in his memory but saw only half of It's A Wonderful Life. He then complains that he wants to know how the movie ends, so we can assume Philip only saw the first half.

feighnt

Scholar
Gragt said:
When Clarence reveals himself, he remarks that Philip has thousands of movies in his memory but saw only half of It's A Wonderful Life. He then complains that he wants to know how the movie ends, so we can assume Philip only saw the first half.

aah, well, that's no good. :?

maybe Philip had read a plot summary somewhere :P

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Then Clarence would know how the movie ends, heh. Anyway, it's know at the start of the movie that Clarence will be George Bailey's guardian angel but he does not come into action until much later.

Awesome movie by the way.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hey, you see. No, you see, I see, you see, the criiiiiiime, they not organiiiiiiiiiized. Messieeeer. Hehe, no one can do it no more, just shoot shoot bang bang whoever. Not organized.

Who know? I know? I know! I Lu Fang! I know. You may not believe me, and I do not care, but I was once numba one hitman for the Chinese Mafia. I killed many people. Very good. Loooots of money.

Oh no no no, Lu Fang just crazy. Lu Fang no hitman. Lu Fang drunk. Lu Fang jokes with you. Hehe.

Bartender! Bartender! Lu Fang got American history question for you. Who was the last President when Lu Fang ordered his last drink?

Andrej

Liturgist
feighnt said:
characters i hate:

Motherfucker, Ultross is fucking awesome! Don't feed the octopus kiddies!

My all time favorite NPC is, of course, Wooz, the bartender of the Harp in Gecko in Fallout 2.

To be honest, I actually did like Saren as a villain in ME, I mean, more than half the game you were the bad guy, trying to stop Saren from saving the world. Of course it was then revealed that Saren was wrong and mind controlled. That sucked.

Vibalist

Arcane
Andrej said:
feighnt said:
characters i hate:

Motherfucker, Ultross is fucking awesome! Don't feed the octopus kiddies!

My all time favorite NPC is, of course, Wooz, the bartender of the Harp in Gecko in Fallout 2.

To be honest, I actually did like Saren as a villain in ME, I mean, more than half the game you were the bad guy, trying to stop Saren from saving the world. Of course it was then revealed that Saren was wrong and mind controlled. That sucked.

I thought Saren was decent enough too. A typical Bioware bad guy, but decent. and I loved how you could make him commit suicide at the end if you had Intimidate. One of the few places where you could put those dialogue skills to use in a way that mattered. A little.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Characters I hate:

Every single fucking goddamn character, playable and unplayable, that Bioware has ever come up with. And that includes Jon Irenicus.

Every single fucking goddamn Squaresoft and/or Enix-designed non-silent JRPG protagonist and character.

The orc bandits and Molochean Hand agents (random encounters), from Arcanum. DIALOGUE IS BAD! ME JUST WANT PUT AXE INTO ANNOYING RANDOM ENCOUNTER!!

Mannimarco, the King of Worms. Awesome in Daggerfall, but nerfed and now forever completely pathetic because of Oblivion and the incompetence that dwelled within.

Dogmeat, from Fallfuckingout fucking 1. Never has there been a more justified mercy kill ever in a game. Kill him off (before he kills himself).

Three Dog, from Fallout 3. I don't have to explain myself. Turn him off.

Kaga, from Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Mod. I do not possess the words necessary to explain the amount of hate I possess for this character, and for Killap for including him. Killap, dude, don't get me wrong. I love and appreciate your stuff to death but when it comes to Kaga you should probably blame rock music and violent movies. He's number ten only because he's not an original part of the game.

Honorary Mentions (aka Characters I LOVE to hate):

(Motherfucking) SHODAN, from (motherfucking) System Shock. I'm not going to lie to you, sweetcheeks. It's not me, it's all you. I love you to death but we have to separate, because I can't keep pissing my pants every goddamn time you and your husband infect my speakers.

Myron, from Fallout 2. James Marsden would grew up to play Cyclops in the X-Men movies but to me he'll always be the brother of Jason Marsden, the voice of Myron, baby! Myron! How the fuck would I quietly assassinate political targets without his super stimpaks? Easily among the top three bestiest boysiest followers you can have in F2. Disagree if you dare, motherfucker! Cyclops got nothing on this whining, fucking worthless piece of shit weakling! Fun fact: I always shoot him in the head before we go to the Enclave. Got no use for him there...

Lemunde

Scholar
Dan Hibiki.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom