Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Bliblablubb

Arcane
No need to remaster Skyrimjob yet, is the Xbone even capable of displaying the current one with a stable framerate?
If they however plan on making a Morrowind remake in a fresh engine, I would probably catch a copy if it falls from a truck...
No wait, forget I said that. Bethesda would just ruin it by removing skill reqs for guilds and adding fast travel and a quest compass. Most of Morrowind's charm came from getting lost, or looking for some runaway cow just by vague directions. :argh:

Achievment unlocked: Found Caius Cosades :obviously:

Jozoz

Prophet
It's such a joke that out of all TES games they're remastering the newest one.

I saw a theory that they used Skyrim assets on current gen consoles to learn how to to make FO4 work on there, and that this is just the bi-product of that. Makes sense tbh

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's such a joke that out of all TES games they're remastering the newest one.

I saw a theory that they used Skyrim assets on current gen consoles to learn how to to make FO4 work on there, and that this is just the bi-product of that. Makes sense tbh
It's not a theory, I think there's even footage of that version.

It's win/win situation for them, best selling rpg of all time, huge community, mod support, shinny graphics, little investment... Huge profit.

Mass profit for very little effort. Gonna open up another front in the PC/Console modder wars, but that genie's out of the bottle either way.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Console peasants might get a new Skyrim with a bit better visuals and new loot but they will never get something that will always be PC only, Loverslab mods.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Console peasants might get a new Skyrim with a bit better visuals and new loot but they will never get something that will always be PC only, Loverslab mods.

Has anybody posted about what happens if you try to upload NSFW mods to the console modding platform? (I'm sure it's been tried)

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Has anybody posted about what happens if you try to upload NSFW mods to the console modding platform? (I'm sure it's been tried)

Probably quickly removed since I doubt Bethesda would allow such mods on their official site, unless they like getting sued.

pippin

I just played Blood and Wine and I laugh at Bethseda at how incompetent they are at making interesting games,how they keep getting outskilled by a bunch of Polish cunts paid with bread and water.
Judging from Steve's LP, it's p. banal shit boring

Even then, it says a lot about western gaming that a banal shit boring dlc from an underdeveloped country manages to be better than the latest aaa crap.

Beastro

Arcane
The entire logic when it comes to CoA and why DiMA defends them is fucking baffling. "They're the only group that welcomed us, just because their religion is strange, doesn't mean we should kill them!" Uh, no, DiMA, their religion is not just strange, it's completely fucking dangerous, a group that believes in killing others with radiation is one of couple ways they can only 'save' the blasphemers, the other forcing them into their doctrine and making them one of their own. They're paranoid, the leaders get power-hungry, and their 'missionary movements' are literally just full on assault teams shooting Gamma radiation at innocent people. They should be destroyed when given the chance, seeing as they don't appear to sway from their religion.

My, God, all this Atomphobia!

HatTrick

Scholar
I just don't understand what happened with Bethesda. Like, where the fuck did all the good developers on their team go?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
tEuTlhg.png

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
All the comments these modders are getting are exactly the same comments game developers have been getting for years now, it's the reason why you only see PR people in the forums and not the developers.

Beastro

Arcane
All the comments these modders are getting are exactly the same comments game developers have been getting for years now, it's the reason why you only see PR people in the forums and not the developers.

It's a pure popcorn moment for me. Console kiddies and pretentious modders at each other throats, it's wonderful.

Speaking of modders acting like developers, I just saw a post before on the FO4 nexus while I was peeking around for drama where someone recommended lacing "DRM" throughout their mods to help filter out Xbox players without a hint of self-awareness or irony, and yes, he actually used the term DRM.

circ

Arcane
Well it's strange that it turned out this way, and it dawned on me some days ago that it's almost the same scenario where publishers apply DRM to software though I've never seen the argument that users are entitled to the product just because it's out there - although that argument likely exists. Modders are more than happy to export mods to consoles, if it's possible and there's time, but some people seem to be under the impression that they're doing it to be spiteful to console users. I haven't looked at the figures, but I'd also assume a large number of downloaders get the console mods despite being aware that they're looking at a ripped product and would normally oppose it.

Now seeing as how Bethesda is a publisher themselves, it's unlikely this scenario wasn't foreseen, but it's being ignored and excused with a possibility of DMCA claims - which in itself can't address all the affected mods, but also requires an unusual amount of legal paperwork for the creator, making most modders unlikely to even bother. The monetary incentive must be pretty big for Bethesda to risk modders quitting modding altogether. This could have been introduced with little to no issues, probably, but the Andhaira's out of the bottle.

Not really. Some people have a similar attitude when speaking to developers, but the majority don't. Some have valid critique, but it doesn't help when the developer insists on defending design choices that are idiotic, for various reasons.

Beastro

Arcane
Where's the irony in that?

The little hobbyists responding to shit they don't like in the same panicked, arbitrary way the big boys handle things. On top of that I see console kiddies talking about modders in a similar derogatory manner that modders have talked about Bethesda for the past 10 years (not without merit, but known egotists like modders being treated like Bethesda still is fucking funny).

There used to be some semblance of an understanding between modders and those that used their mods, but this has destroyed that, at least for FO4, and is producing an antagonistic relationship that emulates the one between gamers and developers as a whole.

Reading their posts, you get a bit of insight into how developers butthurt over piracy must talk to each other in private/at work.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So is there a compiled list of the best mods for the "BEST" experience if u wanna replay this shit? Like best graphics mods, gameplay, Quality of life etc.

And are they compatible with the FAG harbor DLC?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom