Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sjukob

Arcane
Plenty of in-game books detail the historical interactions between the races and countries.
I know that there are events described in books . But I was talking about in game interactions , the only one I can remember was in Daggerfall . The knightly order asks you to slay the daedra that someone from mages guild summoned and failed to control .

:hmmm:

On the one hand you talk about how TES does nothing new in terms of fantasy...... and then on the other hand you complain that Morrowind is too strange.......

Wat?

I mean I get that races and setting are different things, but they are still all parts of the same package.
See what is not there . I said that Morrowind is clusterfuck , I didn't complain about Morrowind being too weird . If I say that I don't like chocolate icecream , that wouldn't be a complaint about chocolate . Just stating the tastes .

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
People here mock me for everything.
Oh, gee. I wonder why...
hint: join date has nothing to do with it
Ugh, my stalking prowess is admittedly weak. I'm sorry SMA, I'm unworthy...

I can't agree that witcher writing is better. It's just as juvenile as any Bethesda writing, but adding in some edginess and tits

versus

Fallout 3 presented us with Camp Lamplight and Harold tree, those are writing achievements that can't be denied.
HaHAhahaHahaha!
:|

I love how people bash the writing of other games just to defend the writing of another's who clearly is inferior even for a semi-educated mind and try to throw them in the same swinery.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I think the story of the Witcher 3 juvenile too (after Velen, the game dies storywise) but don't take away Fallout 3 merits, Fallout 3 presented us with Camp Lamplight and Harold tree, those are writing achievements that can't be denied.
Fuck, someone please tell me this is bait. I am old and my heart cannot take this.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I enter this topic for laughs and memes, yet I find some idiotic arguments that Bethesda writing is on a par with CDPR. I mean, I don't even particularly like The Witcher games, but seriously...? Some of you are retarded beyond redemption.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
I enter this topic for laughs and memes

Fallout_Meme_008.jpg
image.jpg
bottlecaps.jpg

:0-13:

Sjukob

Arcane
I actually see that people claim every game has a poor writting , except planescape torment . I wonder what is considered a good writting here .

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
The races are banal . Altmers are best mages , redguards are best warriors , khajiit are best thieves , bosmers are best archers and imperials are masters of the conspiracy . Also there are typical vikings ( nords ) , arabs mixed with indians ( redguards ) , elves that lives in harmony with nature ( bosmers ), swamp lizards ( argonians ) , stuck up drows ( dunmers ) orcs ( no commetns here ) , so I don't see anything original about races , I mention it just to emphasize that races are banal

I can tell you're a fag who didn't read any of Morrowind's in-game books.

Frozen

Arcane
The problem with Bethesda writing is not that its juvenile, the problem is that it doesn't try to tell anything.
I don't se any point in TES stories beside shit happens you kill someone end credits. But they never went the route for story sake so its ok.
All games are juvenile to some extent we will not see serious drama for grownups in gaming for a long time if ever.
The Witcher games try to tell something within a framework of these restrictions, quality aside the effort is at least there.
Comparing the two is ridiculous because for TES games "story" is just an excuse to hike.
Even Bethesdatard said no sane gamer plays TES games for the story and he's right about that.
The Witcher story is better simply because there is a story.
If the story in TES is so god damn immersive you wouldn't have tons and tons of people highlighting head cannon while you hike as some great feature (while avoiding main plot of game like a plague).

Inspectah

Savant
To be fair, the best written games are on the level of mediocre books, we can't really compare the two.
We have to compare games to games only. I think it was Roger Ebert that said there's no point in comparing two completely different movies- you can't compare a super hero movie to citzen kane, for example, and I believe the same thing applies to games and movies.
No point in comparing the two. Morrowind writing is shit compared to books, as is the witcher games', but when compared to other games, they are good

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The only thing TES (including Fallout 3 and probably 4) has going for it is dungeon crawling, exploration, or whatever you want to call it, plus arguably some nice environment art.
Newfag finally makes a good post. Film at 11.

It's a AAA arpg. You play it to dick around 'dungeons' (ruins), find items, and shoot monsters/people.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The problem with Bethesda writing is not that its juvenile, the problem is that it doesn't try to tell anything.
I don't se any point in TES stories beside shit happens you kill someone end credits. But they never went the route for story sake so its ok.
All games are juvenile to some extent we will not see serious drama for grownups in gaming for a long time if ever.
The Witcher games try to tell something within a framework of these restrictions, quality aside the effort is at least there.
Comparing the two is ridiculous because for TES games "story" is just an excuse to hike.
Even Bethesdatard said no sane gamer plays TES games for the story and he's right about that.
The Witcher story is better simply because there is a story.
If the story in TES is so god damn immersive you wouldn't have tons and tons of people highlighting head cannon while you hike as some great feature (while avoiding main plot of game like a plague).
Listen, newfag, you're trying too hard. 50ish posts and 35-40 of them are in 'dogpile' threads about shit AAA games: nuFallout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. Then you got some posts in shitWitcher, threads, too.

Jaesun can you give this guy some KKKredz already so he doesn't keep playing teacher's pet.

Frozen

Arcane
Listen, newfag, you're trying too hard. 50ish posts and 35-40 of them are in 'dogpile' threads about shit AAA games: nuFallout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. Then you got some posts in shitWitcher, threads, too.

Jaesun can you give this guy some KKKredz already so he doesn't keep playing teacher's pet.

I love you too and can feel the butthurt.
The pain of truth.
You remind me of this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxBVp8Br8g

Typical TES fan.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Thanks, codexians are too serious to understand sarcasm these days.
Don't paint all Codexians with that brush; I only put 2 in PE. I am a blunt force instrument.

I hope they illustrate how villainous the main antagonist is by having him/her/it kill your dog. Your main ally in this quest will be the AKC remnants, upholding breed standards through the wasteland and keeping the German Shepherd standard alive for 200 years.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hopefully the artworks are accurate and there are some larger areas of barren land this time around instead of ruins every 100 meters FO3 style. I like to have a lone wanderer moment and just walk around wastes with nothing but radscorpions or geckos marching in the distance. It's one of the main reasons why I consider FONV map much superior to FO3.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
car.gif

I want to drive this from a first person perspective through procedural generated vast deserts like in Mad Max, spot settlements in the distance and head their way.

Mech

Cipher
car.gif

I want to drive this from a first person perspective through procedural generated vast deserts like in Mad Max, spot settlements in the distance and head their way.
And then get stuck on a a rock, glitch out, and fall into the void.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom