Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Inspectah

Savant
When you buy a plastic gun, you expect a fully functional gun, don't you.
I expect it to look like one, and maybe make a little click noise when you pull the trigger

Aoyagi

Scholar
I expect it to look like one, and maybe make a little click noise when you pull the trigger

Yes, you don't expect it to miss the barrel, right? Like the "Pipboy" has a hole instead of the display, not to mention lack of any electronics but some lights.

Inspectah

Savant
Oh really? I though it was a toy pipboy, not an actual phone case.
I stand corrected then

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
Isn't the little analogue scroll wheel supposed to actually be functional? I think they're supposed to be releasing a phone app companion to go with it. Probably plugs in to the headset port like most crappy unlicensed iPhone tat.

Frozen

Arcane
It looks dated as fuck. :lol:
Someone should tell Todd its 2015
The only thing TES games ever had going for themselves is good graphics when they came out now that's gone too.
Its all up to mod community now...but even they cant fix 2011 textures on a lame ass 2002. engine.
Talking about greedy bastard...is it really so hard to make a NEW engine after like...15 years?
They didn't sell something like 30 million copies of Skyrim or what?
I guess it will still sell because people love hiking so much.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're trying to prove which is the least new-faggiest. Aoyagoagajujguj trying the hardest: 31 posts, over half are in Fallout 4 or related threads.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My only real concern about Fallout 4 is whether or not it will run on my toaster. There is a high likelihood I'll overlook the vast majority of the things that bug me about the game.

Frozen

Arcane
Here's a new exclusive picture from Fallout 4
15-15991X_dis_toy_story_prod

Lets now analyze it in 50 pages to get all the latest info about possible story points and features.
My take: the guy on the left is vault dweller reincarnated ( but in the past-plot twist!) and on the right is his brotherhood boyfriend.

Frozen

Arcane
Bethestards forgetting 1 thing:
Their drone buddies are playing contemporary games (even if they don't know the meaning of the word)
They will notice
Maybe not at first
But they will
So, when you think about it, romance is the only way to go.
You can fool them its Sims 5
Fingers crossed.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
Hey kids, remember when "There will always be multiple solutions" was point #3 in the Fallout mission statement? Todd Howard hopes you don't:

I can’t tell you that you can play the whole game without violence – that’s not necessarily a goal of ours – but we want to support different play styles as much as we can.

I don't understand how it can be that even after Obsidian gave them a practical demonstration of how to make a decent Fallout game, even with the self-imposed limitations of the engine they insist must be used, they still don't have the first clue what the franchise they claim to love and cherish is about.

Lemming42

Arcane
Fallout 3 was playable as a total pacifist except for the radroach at the start and the Super Mutants in the purifier, so he hopefully means Fo4 will be something like that and he's just been more honest than Pete was when he talked about Fo3:
Sure. We recently had someone play through the game and finish it while only killing one thing very early in the game...a Radroach. I'm not saying I recommend everyone run out and try to play the game as a pacifist, but if you want to give it a try, it has been done.

imweasel

If you weren't such a total newfag you'd realize the tag is mostly in jest.
bethestard.png

What it actually means is that you are a Bethesda fanboy retard who loves Todd Howard's garbage. I am not surprised that you got one too seeing that you hate just about everything (including good stuff) and praise the fuck out of Bethesda's trash for the mentally impaired.

Wear it with pride, Bethestard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom