Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Latro

Arcane
Didn't one of the Goldhawk devs (Xenonauts) defend AP recently? Essentially, it doesn't actually hurt the gameplay as a tactical experience, it's just different from TUs. Both systems have their own pros and cons.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What ever the way, this shit is going to be shit, and despite of the shit the shit of this board will take on the shit that is given, and shit the shit that everyone knew will be shit. And shit.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Man who gives a fuck what others play? I have to play along with this same problem in high school but here it's just too much effort to be "the perfect codexer" so why bother? Just play games and if you like them, play more of them, end of story.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Man who gives a fuck what others play? I have to play along with this same problem in high school but here it's just too much effort to be "the perfect codexer" so why bother? Just play games and if you like them, play more of them, end of story.
That's the stupidest shit I have ever heard.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Go back to high school kid.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
You've heard this before and you've dismissed it before as all teens do. You'll understand when you're older. That's not an insult or me looking down at you or anything. At your age, I too played whatever I liked and gave no fucks about what others were or were not interested in.

Mech

Cipher
Older and still agree. If you give a fuck you got some serious self esteem issues. It's not the "teen" that needs to grow up in this situation.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
There's also the hipocrisy of crying on forums and treating a game like it's a crime against humanity but then clocking 4000 hours on it

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Everyone in this thread will play FO4. Guaranteed.
Everyone in this thread will play it. Especially the tryhard newfags.
Scared we didn't hear you the first time?
Terrified. Anyway, it bears repeating when the last several pages are newfags posing for Kodex Kewl Kredz.

The only one I see trying hard is the one squawking like a fucking parrot.
Trying too hard, bro.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Technically being the "perfect Codexer" just means being familiar with all the Black Isle/Troika/Old Bioware games since this started as a Black Isle/Troika/Old Bioware fan site and the decline we lament is the decline of the genres that were created through Fallout, the Infinity Engine, and Tim Cain and co. games.

To the old fags that stuff was already mostly decline. To them, Icewind Dale with its isometric perspective and RtwP combat was an inherently inferior throwback to the low explanation/high atmosphere dungeon crawling blobbers of yesteryear.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
RTwP is, indeed, shit. Though it is funny when people think Black Isle stuff is 'old school.'

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Inspectah

Savant
The best thing about the system is its visual representation: All of the perks and upgrades are displayed on a Vault-Tec poster, with every node showing an animated Vault Boy demonstrating that perk.
They have interesting priorities

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Who is this "romancing" crap even for?
O87AAkH.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom