Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Even Call of Duty: Ghosts is going PC hipster these days - Released

J1M

Arcane
So does this one still come with a brain-melting FOV of 55? Do you get banned from online multiplayer if you try to change it to avoid a stroke while playing?

CoD's FOV is vertical or whatever, it's not a traditional 55. I think it works out to a classic 70-something, which is pretty normal these days. Never bothered me.
:what:

You are an idiot. Feel bad about this.

Modern games use lower FOVs because it reduces the rendering burden on the GPU.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You are an idiot. Feel bad about this.

Hi idiot. Thanks for calling me out on something I never said. It's appreciated.

Yes, modern FOVs are lower for various reasons. Hence the "70-something is pretty normal these days" comment. My only comment to him was that the "55" Call of Duty uses is not calculated the same way as most games, it is not a true 55 which would be insanely low even for consoles. You can test this yourself, make the FOV in a CoD game 90 or so, a rather normal FOV on PC, and it ends up looking like super fishbowl hell.

Not every game calculates FOV the same way. Here is a wikipedia excerpt:

The different values for horizontal and vertical FOV may lead to confusion because the games often just mention FOV and not whether they mean the horizontal or vertical FOV. For instance the horizontal FOV of a 16:9 display will be 102° if the vertical FOV is 70°.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Does hyenas and sea horses ever participate in men made conflict? Don't think so.

Man made conflict only involves men. Makes sense. Kill off the competition so you can rape integrate the women of their lands into your empire. Killing off the women would be counter to this objective and so preventing them from entering the arena of conflict they remain the object of victory!

Fixed.

Man made conflict only involves men.
What about the horses?

They rape the horses and stampede the women.

fixed again. Why not both? No need to beat around the bush as Romans shown that it pacifies a population quite well.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

THIS GAME HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION

CQRimRz.jpg

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Is the female soldier featured in the ghosts going to be the dog? That way they can talk about being inclusive while not having to make multiple models for everything. :P

Is the female soldier featured in the ghosts going to be the dog? That way they can talk about being inclusive while not having to make multiple models for everything. :P

I could see that happening. All the extra modelling and animation sure must be a bitch :smug:

Caim

Arcane

YouTubebro said:
Looking forward to Call of NASA: Astronaut warfare.
I would play that game.

Not a CoD clone where you are in space, I want to play as an actual astronaut fighting other astronauts in space. Alien astronauts of course, since in space everyone is bros. Bonus points if they can licence real-life astronauts.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
d5Zkq9g.png

What's wrong, Activision?
Piracy nuff said.
Fail. Pirates don't preorder.

You missed the second half of his post (it's currently flying over your head).
I don't remember Actitards making statements about PC piracy hurting their sales. It's more to do with the constant reharsh of the series. There is also the fact that PC sell less than consoles considering multiplats.

Dr Tomo

Learned
d5Zkq9g.png

Piracy nuff said.

I don't remember Actitards making statements about PC piracy hurting their sales. It's more to do with the constant reharsh of the series. There is also the fact that PC sell less than consoles considering multiplats.

Also my post must have flew over your head since that is the line touted by pub's when they explain to the investors of piss poor sales. Why risk your job and tell them that gross incompetence is the key factor when most investors only care about the bottom line. Also fyi pc isn't the only platform that is being pirated :lol:, wasn't aware that the codex had some console tards.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
d5Zkq9g.png

Piracy nuff said.

Also my post must have flew over your head since that is the line touted by pub's when they explain to the investors of piss poor sales. Why risk your job and tell them that gross incompetence is the key factor when most investors only care about the bottom line. Also fyi pc isn't the only platform that is being pirated :lol:, wasn't aware that the codex had some console tards.
Is there ever a developer who blamed lack of pre orders on piracy? I think you are confused. Also, i never said that there doesn't exist piracy on consoles, only that PC is the best platform for a pirate.

Dr Tomo

Learned
d5Zkq9g.png

Piracy nuff said.

Is there ever a developer who blamed lack of pre orders on piracy? I think you are confused. Also, i never said that there doesn't exist piracy on consoles, only that PC is the best platform for a pirate.

It makes sense now why you were give the tag, anyway still learning about the different posters on this forum. Either way carry on.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Except that these lines aren't made when they are talking about pre-orders in the first place. They can make shit up, but at least they make shit up that tries to make sense.

After Max Payne 3's 30 gigs, nothing surprises me anymore.

Why does a rather ho-hum looking (and not particularly lengthy, especially on the single-player side) game demand these lofty specs? I haven’t the foggiest, but let us not forget that this is the first Call of Duty with both playable dogs and women, which of course means that… yeah, I’ve got nothing. Maybe Riley has over three million lines of meticulously recorded doggy dialogue or something.

:lol:

Also, "space hog" made me initially think of Shadow the Hedgehog. The smiley below is directed at myself.

:hmmm:

I just spotted this and wanted to say that this post is made by a clueless retard.
If you can prove it, I will admit I was wrong. :smug:

If your statement is true then how come I've never seen an FPS difference between using different FOV values in any game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom