Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Even Call of Duty: Ghosts is going PC hipster these days - Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Higher quality textures: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/17/for-what-its-worth-call-of-duty-will-be-best-on-pc/

“PC is taking a different tack from previous games [in the series]. Now, PC has its own set of assets [instead of just reusing console assets]. It’s going to look better than any Call of Duty we’ve ever made on PC. They’re actually using an even higher version in many cases than the next-gen consoles, from a texture standpoint.”

Dedicated servers: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/23/boom-call-of-duty-ghosts-to-have-dedicated-servers/

“We did mention dedicated servers on Xbox One. One thing I can say is we’re also doing dedicated servers on PC. So PC will be all dedicated servers, all of it.”

Dr Tomo

Learned
Well I am flattered that they are actually going to put effort into their PC port, guess the PC market is going to have to make up for the lack of console sales.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But I thought new consolars are better than the bestest computer on the market? Why no ultra awesome textures for PS4?

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I think they noticed Xbone is a sinking ship and is asking the PC Gaming Master Race™ for a hand.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Surprised this push doesn't come with a switch to battle.net, or some other Activision PC client.

I've just realized that the acronym "PC" in the title of this thread could also be interpreted as "politically correct"...which is quite possibly also true.

On the plus side, white women can now join white men to shoot those dirty sand people and the evil communists together, equality fuck yeah!

:nocountryforshitposters:

...well, I deserve it for reading comments on RPS. I"ll click on a random article on the "related" sidebar to relax...

Somehow, Lightning Warrior Ready managed to get off lighter in that post than the number one Hater-and-destroyer-of-women, The Witcher.

:dead:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So does this one still come with a brain-melting FOV of 55? Do you get banned from online multiplayer if you try to change it to avoid a stroke while playing?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So does this one still come with a brain-melting FOV of 55? Do you get banned from online multiplayer if you try to change it to avoid a stroke while playing?

CoD's FOV is vertical or whatever, it's not a traditional 55. I think it works out to a classic 70-something, which is pretty normal these days. Never bothered me.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
CoD's FOV is vertical or whatever, it's not a traditional 55. I think it works out to a classic 70-something, which is pretty normal these days. Never bothered me.
Wrong. Go into one of the games that let you change your FOV and do so. I believe the last was Modern Warfare. You'll find it's 65 degrees, down from a standard 90, and it's definitely horizontal. Since then, later games have had even lower FOVs.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wrong. Go into one of the games that let you change your FOV and do so. I believe the last was Modern Warfare. You'll find it's 65 degrees, down from a standard 90, and it's definitely horizontal. Since then, later games have had even lower FOVs.

Well I was a big contributor to widescreengamingforum for a long time and CoD4 through the first Black Ops were definitely not 55 in standard terms. 65 maybe, once you convert, but probably a little higher. Also 90 is not the standard.

Anyway, not gonna change your mind so...

Luzur

Good Sir
I've just realized that the acronym "PC" in the title of this thread could also be interpreted as "politically correct"...which is quite possibly also true.

Yo dawg,

I heard you like women so I put women in the game that once was the last safe resort, a paradise of men (or boys, urgh, once upon a time it was men..) -only gloriness and shooter fun.

On the other hand, now you can shoot women through the head when your girlfriend/wife/mother is asking you to stop gaming. Which is fun, I guess.

Ah well, didn’t play/buy/like CoD anyways these days.

Dr Tomo

Learned

Weird, my brain does melt and I get a stroke from playing the game regardless of the fov.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
RockPaperShitgun said:
Call of Duty: Ghosts may have given dogs the spotlight ahead of, er, half of the entire human race...

So did centuries' worth of warfare, dating back to ancient times. It pains me to say the sexists of yore found more use for trained dogs than women as combatants.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
So did centuries' worth of warfare, dating back to ancient times. It pains me to say the sexists of yore found more use for trained dogs than women as combatants.
lulz and other beasts as well, such as horses. To be fair, these beasts may be female too, but i doubt it.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
hyenas are dirty feminists because the females are bigger and stronger than the males?

sea horses are trannies because the males get pregnant?

what is the world coming to! :smug:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
hyenas are dirty feminists because the females are bigger and stronger than the males?

sea horses are trannies because the males get pregnant?

what is the world coming to! :smug:
Does hyenas and sea horses ever participate in men made conflict? Don't think so.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Does hyenas and sea horses ever participate in men made conflict? Don't think so.

Man made conflict only involves men. Makes sense. Kill off the competition so you can rape integrate the women of their lands into your empire. Killing off the women would be counter to this objective and so preventing them from entering the arena of conflict they remain the object of victory!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom