Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ah, the first delicious tears come trickling in... hopefully they add an in-game mail system eventually so I can begin accumulating hate mail again.

Carebears never change.

bonescraper

What you should really do Ulminati, is a Supercruise tutorial. I still have some problems with it, I either overshoot the target, or I slow down too early. It is also strange that sometimes I can accelerate easily, and sometimes I'm stuck at 100km/s, and not being able to accelerate further.
There's a golden rule, the James Bond rule. Stay exactly within 0:07 seconds to your target (i'm not talking about distance, but time). If you'll go below 0:07, you'll start to accelerate at some point and will overshoot your target. 0:07 is the scientifically proven optimal approach.
On another topic -- any idea what the decal slots are for in the outfitting menu? They haven't popped any in the store (tey probably will). I'm kind of hoping you can get faction insignia for free if you reach a high enough rep/rank with them. :3
We will get an early backer decal on release. Dunno how others can be acquired.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just arrived in nahua , i quickly understood the strategic choice of the sector, really good trade route indeed.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just arrived in nahua , i quickly understood the strategic choice of the sector, really good trade route indeed.
Nahua (Reactive Armor) <-> HIP 116460 (Gold from the refinery) is sexy indeed. (Or silver or lithium if you can't afford to stock up on gold).
Dubyago Dock next to the Nahua system (I forget the name of the system it's in) has a black market. Nahua has a good shipyard and a 'k selection up upgrades in the outfitting section. You can also check out Ch'i Lin for cargo racks.

Nahua (Reactive Armor) <-> HIP 116460 (Gold from the refinery) is sexy indeed. (Or silver or lithium if you can't afford to stock up on gold).
Dubyago Dock next to the Nahua system (I forget the name of the system it's in) has a black market. Nahua has a good shipyard and a 'k selection up upgrades in the outfitting section. You can also check out Ch'i Lin for cargo racks.

Fuck you / thank you for making me want to buy a hauler.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Aarggghhh - I was going to get this as I played Elite on BBC B many moons ago -

It would have qualified on my extremely short list of games to buy as soon as they are published.

Really want an offline SP mode. Don't understand why it would affect the "Quality of the game".

Disappointed in Braben. You sold out. Ubisoft even learned their lessons.

Mortmal

Arcane

Nahua (performance enhancer , progenitor cells)<---> popocatepl (gold, silver, palladium) works too, but now the precious are in low supply sometime.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Man... Those frontier forums make me weep for gaming. So many people crying about interdictions being too difficult or wanting to blacklist every player who attacks them but still play in open. How did we come to this state? :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Did popocatepl and HIP116460 run out? I know of one more station that haz it nearby

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. Moleneux terminal is borked too :(

Will go exploring. If I come across another good trade route, I'll share with bros

Also: Quick question! Does selling equipment and ships always give you 100% of your investment back? I'm kind of keen on getting a hauler, strip that shit down and heading over to some other region of space but it'd be nice to know if I could get my eagle back once I get there.

Mortmal

Arcane
Is there any easy acces black market in the area ? May have find something more lucrative than gold run if yes.

The Fish

Arcane
How much profit is there per item on these trade routes? I've been getting 1100 one way and 1300 the other.

Incidentally, I don't need your charity any more Ulminati. I have some dignity now that I'm rich.

The Fish

Arcane
Also, is there any reason not to go for a lower rank power plant if it has better stats? That is to say, I have a rank 4 but I'd be buying a rank 3 one with better power capacity. There aren't hidden stats are there with these components are there?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also, is there any reason not to go for a lower rank power plant if it has better stats? That is to say, I have a rank 4 but I'd be buying a rank 3 one with better power capacity. There aren't hidden stats are there with these components are there?

Modules have 2 ratings. "Size" which is a number and "Class" which is a letter. Higher size requires a bigger slot to mount. Higher class has better rating. If you're going from an E4 to a B3 power plant, it's probably going to be an upgrade, even though the size is smaller. a B4 would be even better stats. A C4 would probably have similar stats but cost less cr

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom