Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any Bulletin/news system in the game already? I remember spending shiload of time just reading them as a kid. Was really shoked when I realized they are not pre-made but you can actually be mentioned in it, like with after nuke bombing of Valhalla for that terrorist faction for hefty load of cash.
Yes there is a news bulletin. I think they implemented it in the latest beta update.

Azazel

Arbiter
Is there any Bulletin/news system in the game already? I remember spending shiload of time just reading them as a kid. Was really shoked when I realized they are not pre-made but you can actually be mentioned in it, like with after nuke bombing of Valhalla for that terrorist faction for hefty load of cash.

They implemented the News Feed in the latest update, but it's very sparse at the moment, nothing interesting.

I wonder when we're going to get crew hiring, anyways, it was supposed to be a launch feature rather than an expansion.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Probably not until November if we get it. Next patch is multiple ships. (And pssibly fuel scooping from stars from the sneak peek screenshot) I'm fairly certain their next priority after that is getting the reputation system in place to deal with faction boon/backlash from the missions you complete or fail.

It'd be cool to have people on the bridge of my anaconda though.

bonescraper

Don't listen to Ulminati, we don't know what's in the next update yet. Devs said they're working hard on multiple things atm, actually they said "think of anything you can, we're working on it".

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I've come from the future of March 2015 when the game actually came out. The world doesn't have enough aliveness and cheating is rampant.

Also, don't travel to ChiTRANSMISSION TERMINATED

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Is the SP aspect basicaly just an open world and you do repetive grind tasks? or is there a campaign?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Is the SP aspect basicaly just an open world and you do repetive grind tasks? or is there a campaign?
Oh gawd. Peasants, peasants everywhere.

ah ok then it's just a larp. i'm a pirate durr i shootan things fer bunty :kingcomrade:

Freelancer atleast had a SP campaign before the free roam started, but i guess in this day and age a proper game is just too much to ask, sadly it's not 1990 anymore.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I know that you might like mmo grind type games, but not everyone has to like them. It's not so hard to say that ED is a type of that game instead of posting one-liners without any meaning.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I know that you might like mmo grind type games, but not everyone has to like them. It's not so hard to say that ED is a type of that game instead of posting one-liners without any meaning.

Elite: Dangerous was meant to be a spiritual successor to Elite. Elite was a game about freeroaming in a galaxy without a set of emotionally engaging storehs, accumulating wealth and kills. Adding a "sp campaign" in the traditional sense runs counter to what was actually pitched during the kickstarter.

The "grind" is the game. If the game seems "Grindy" to you, it probably isn't what you're looking for. Emotionally engaging space operas are over in Star Citizen.

Thane Solus

Arcane

%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%BF%D0%BF%D1%88-%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%82-%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82-%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BC%D1%91%D1%82-742669.jpeg

Welcome to the Codex, you will fit perfect here. Consoles games, i mean RPG Citizen Kane games section is here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/jrpg-weaboo-discussion.60/

And a special section for proper "gamers" here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/general-discussion.3/

Have fun

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So what's so special about space hiking? Playing games like Skyrim is bad enough, why would i want to do that in a empty space? 'open world' games are just an excuse for lack of any content.
You like to fool yourself that you are travelling through an 400 billiannnzz spacshe systums? fine with me.

Give me a proper flight sim like tie fighter, wing commander or descent freespace with a proper mission design that forms a coherent plot........ that's why squadron 42 will destroy ED.

Don't forget about freelancer.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Elite: Dangerous was meant to be a spiritual successor to Elite.
elite dangerous is an actual sequel to the entire series, including ffe with its thargoids storyline. some sort of minicampaigns or mission chains in the vain of that aren't too far fetched, especially once they get to work on the thargoids.
So what's so special about space hiking?
the fact that it's a huge fucking galaxy, it has dynamic story events, and the hiking itself takes more skill than just pressing w, a, s, d, mouse1, and mouse2.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
that's why squadron 42 will destroy ED.
How can a game, which will never see the light of day, destroy an existing one?
ED seems just like a slam dunk shovelware, i bet Braben is using the same code as in the 80's , ships looks the same, planets look the same, space stations looks the same, the trading mechanics are the same.
He is just playing on your emotions and nostalgia, the game feels uninspiring bland and boring.Nothing that we haven't seen before or hasn't been done before.
Star Citizen is the real deal, believe in Roberts, you will be able to walk on planets, see that space port tower? you can climb it.
You will be able to walk inside your ship and take part in meaningfull emotional conversations with your crew members, just like in KOTOR.now you can have your own Kreia or Aiden,how cool is that?, not even speaking about the ship boardings with FPS combat.Now you can be inside the ship and on the outside and play quake while you are playing a flight game.What could you possibly want more from a space game?
Choosing between a mindless grind singleplayer mmo vs a grand emotional space opera is a no brainer.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Star Citizen is the real deal, believe in Roberts, you will be able to walk on planets, see that space port tower? you can climb it.
You will be able to walk inside your ship and take part in meaningfull emotional conversations with your crew members, just like in KOTOR.now you can have your own Kreia or Aiden,how cool is that?

Ok, I'm convinced you're just trying to troll everyone now. Well played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom