Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime E3 2013 June 10-13th

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

mastroego

Arcane
mirrors-edge-wallpaper-2.jpg

If it happens, I'm going to have to FORGIVE EA.
Yeah, I said it.
For everything.
Everything.

I browsed his postings and he has a post praising skyrim, featuring a fucking bullet point list straight out of those adverts they used to have on the back of games covers (no idea if they still have this stuff). Maybe the codex should be thankful that it's interesting and big enough to consider invading it with marketers

EDIT: also this place seem to be big enough, I'm sure it's full of people who eventually succumb to the hype machine and buy some piece of shit overhyped vidya. I also remember reading some weepy ass bitch crying about people here being too mean to modern games (it was in GD). Maybe the marketers have a fighting chance after all

I mostly lurk and post only when I have something to say.
Not much free time as I used to have also, being a free-lance professional in Italy (you should see what it means nowadays)
If you doubt my "identity" you can check the Stardock's Elemental boards, I've been a (sparse) poster there since the release of their game.

That said, I bought the original Mirror's Edge for 10$ on steam. I almost felt bad about it as I've played through it maybe 5 times, and enjoyed each time almost as the first one.
A real little gem of a game. And I'm pre-ordering the sequel, if it gets that far.
Fuck haters.
I'm a hater too, but then again, there ARE things that I love.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Did they show off Mirror's Edge 2's cover mechanics and kill streak rewards? This is EA we are talking about here, and they will 'improve' on the original to 'broaden' its target demographic.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That said, I bought the original Mirror's Edge for 10$ on steam. I almost felt bad about it as I've played through it maybe 5 times, and enjoyed each time almost as the first one.
A real little gem of a game. And I'm pre-ordering the sequel, if it gets that far.
Fuck haters.

I agree it's a good game. I think it's a good $20 game though, it was overpriced at launch (as I would guess this one will be). There's just no way for me a 5 hour game is worth $60, no matter how much I like it.

I do look forward to the sequel though, even if I wait for a price drop.

Comrade Goby

Magister
The 3DS turned around? Does it have more than five worthwhile non-Nintendo 64 games yet?

Dude the 3ds is a powerhouse

Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 7, Tom Clancy Shadow Warrior (tb strategy from some og xcom guys)

SMT:DS:Overclocked
SMT:SH
SMT IV coming

And like a bunch of other games

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, despite generating far more interest than Sony or MS, they are fucked. Sure...
Generating more interest? From who??? :lol: I don't think that your interest means too much in this case.

Check the front game of general gaming forums. This thing has almost all the topics on their front pages AND they are active instead of just a handful of posts. Sony was pretty contained to a few threads last night.
Well yeah, Nintendo is the laughing stock of consoles manufacturers at the moment, of course everybody is talking about them. Just like we had a 100 pages here about Bioware and Dragon Age II. So yeah, they are fucked.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Comrade Goby
So about five games, depending upon personal preference?

Don't forget Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Etrian Odyssey IV.

Well those are the only ones I've played. I just got a 3ds not too long ago during a sale so got the XL for $160.

There's also OOT remake which I;m looking into.

Like I heard some of the new Mario games are good.Luigi's Mansion is supposed to be good.

I've also been catching up on some DS games I haven't played.

But I'm not gonna recommended you shit I haven't played

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

Just browse through that list

it probably helps me also that I've skipped Nintendo games since early Gamecube and DS days so I haven't played any other new type of Mario games and etc.

Also Final Fantasy Thetyerthm is great

Angthoron

Arcane
I mostly lurk and post only when I have something to say.
Not much free time as I used to have also, being a free-lance professional in Italy (you should see what it means nowadays)
If you doubt my "identity" you can check the Stardock's Elemental boards, I've been a (sparse) poster there since the release of their game.

Fuck haters.

Forgiving EA for everything over one game, though? That's like a housewife forgiving years of physical and verbal abuse from her drunk loser of a husband that buys her a pair of socks for the 20th wedding anniversary.

Oh and you'll still have to install Origin for it, you know. So it's kinda like a housewife from above that knows she'll be beaten senseless after the celebratory dinner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom