Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime E3 2013 June 10-13th

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nintendo was always great for kids. But you know how kids are these days.....snorting coke and doing shitz in da streets instead of just being normal and play SuperMario.

No kids --> No Nintendo.
Good thing that there are so many manchildren around then.

Machocruz

Arcane
Nintendo is fucked, they were fucked from the moment they panicked about decreasing interest in Wii

They were fucked from the moment they started worrying about their image among the message boards and game sites, and started looking to please the "hardcore," which has always been a recipe for decline for them. They basically stopped doing whatever they started doing with the Wii. Why the fuck was a game like MadWorld on a family console? Good way to convince parents that, hey, maybe this thing isn't so family friendly after all. Side scrolling Mario sells twice as much as 3D Mario, yet the latter gets all the actual effort put into them because of the narrative written by the press and loud minority of hardkor gamer forum haunters who assume that 3D is inherently more worthwhile.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Check the front game of general gaming forums. This thing has almost all the topics on their front pages AND they are active instead of just a handful of posts. Sony was pretty contained to a few threads last night.

Also: We're talking about it.
http://www.gametrailers.com/gdex

Look at the total mentions in the last 24 hours. That is long after the XBO reveal.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Keshik

Arcane
I guess she earned her spot as a crappy marketer, for what that is worth anyway. Stupidest thing this year so far was Drake hyping FIFA, because...Drake.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Ubi? A hired model that never played any games "ZOMG I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS $GENERIC_POS$". What's more funny is that she was telling audience about how excited she was about... Splinter Cell Blacklist. Like she ever played any SC or it interests her.
Tyler is neither a model nor a fake. In fact she wrote a thing about this last year, dealing with the same bullshit https://www.facebook.com/notes/aisha-tyler/dear-gamers/10151040991508993

I wouldn't question her gamer cred, but that forced enthusiasm was pretty obvious. Not her fault, since all the games they showed looked like shit, but there you go.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
japanese fucking owned e3 this year. kwa bitches so burrhut. FOUR HUNDRED DORRA PRICE TAG. microsoft r a bunch of dumbfucks if they think anyone is ogoing to pay $500 for that ugly black piece of shit, runs totally counter to their philosophy of having 1 in each home as a multi media center and spying device. both sides hav no games (other than press X to Spartan simulator and MGS) but its not like retarded average consumer Bob even cares. nintendo played it smart by just focusing on gsames, tho they should have had a few big titles like Zelda, dnt think super smash alone will cut it. it was a break to hear that funny dude in a suit being all sincere and shit, unlike the kwa faggots who come on stage in a suit and t-shirt "HEY GUYS IM A CORPORATE DRONE WHO SOLD HIS SOUL TO SATAN BUT IM ALSO ONE OF U COOOOL DOOOOODS." fuck off faggot, die. kwa fuck off, die.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
japanese fucking owned e3 this year. kwa bitches so burrhut. FOUR HUNDRED DORRA PRICE TAG. microsoft r a bunch of dumbfucks if they think anyone is ogoing to pay $500 for that ugly black piece of shit, runs totally counter to their philosophy of having 1 in each home as a multi media center and spying device. both sides hav no games (other than press X to Spartan simulator and MGS) but its not like retarded average consumer Bob even cares. nintendo played it smart by just focusing on gsames, tho they should have had a few big titles like Zelda, dnt think super smash alone will cut it. it was a break to hear that funny dude in a suit being all sincere and shit, unlike the kwa faggots who come on stage in a suit and t-shirt "HEY GUYS IM A CORPORATE DRONE WHO SOLD HIS SOUL TO SATAN BUT IM ALSO ONE OF U COOOOL DOOOOODS." fuck off faggot, die. kwa fuck off, die.

Gaijin go home, Japan strong CEO Kaz Hirai crush Kwa idiot like skull of kappa.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ubi? A hired model that never played any games "ZOMG I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS $GENERIC_POS$". What's more funny is that she was telling audience about how excited she was about... Splinter Cell Blacklist. Like she ever played any SC or it interests her.
Tyler is neither a model nor a fake. In fact she wrote a thing about this last year, dealing with the same bullshit https://www.facebook.com/notes/aisha-tyler/dear-gamers/10151040991508993

Holy shit she played Donkey Kong Jr.
That means she knows anything about Splinter Cell and is totally a gamer

I don't do it for the fame.
Fuck fame.
I do it because I love video games.

I was a voice in not one, but two major video game titles.
I hosted the Reach Beta tutorial.
I was a Gears of War superfan panelist at ComicCon.
I hosted the Ubisoft presser at E3 2012.
I didn't do any of it for the money.
For most I got paid next to nothing, and for some, less than that.

I did it because I love video games.
Because I've dreamt since I was a kid of being in one of the games I love.
How many games have you done voices for?
How many cons have you repped at?

Your buddy's Unreal Tournament garage deathmatch doesn't count.

:lol:

agentorange said:
japanese fucking owned e3 this year. kwa bitches so burrhut. FOUR HUNDRED DORRA PRICE TAG. microsoft r a bunch of dumbfucks if they think anyone is ogoing to pay $500 for that ugly black piece of shit

ps31.png

Also codex hipstersPC gaming master race cuming all over PS4

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Just woke up. That Sony conference didn't really blow my mind, though I guess it's a bit skewed by the multiplat titles Microsoft paid to be shown on their show. Still getting a PS4 pretty much by default.
Why even get a console?

FFXV, MGSV, and if P5 is next gen.

Anyway I like those random jap titles that will most likely be PS4

PC master race for The Witcher 3 and all those KS CRPGs

lophiaspis

Arbiter
They were fucked from the moment they started worrying about their image among the message boards and game sites

They were fucked from the moment Hiroshi Yamauchi took his hand off the wheel. He was their Steve Jobs.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dead Rising 3 is going Grim 'n gritty and losing the timer to appeal to Call of Duty fans?
:hmmm:

A user named cat

Is PS4 going to require a monthly fee to play games online? Seriously?

What a joke. Sure it's only $5 but still a fee that shouldn't exist and one I sure as hell wouldn't pay when free online PC gaming exists. It was one the main appeals of even grabbing a PS3 over Xcock. Was going to grab a PS4 eventually just to play the next Motorstorm online and a couple other games that won't get ported but forget that shit. I have enough montly fee rapings as it is. Scumbag money grubbers.

Truth be told nothing out of E3 has really interested me outside of Nintendo's offerings. But I recognize that I'm probably the exception and they should've gotten a megaton out there by this year. Smash looks great, Bayonetta 2 looks out of this fucking world as does the Xenoblade sequel. These were all games we knew were coming, though. What reason do I have to get one before 2014? It's a shame, but yeah they fucked up. Again.

Smash Bros Melee is my favorite game of all time, played it for a good 7-8 years with my best friend in high school and after a point we were absurdly good at it. On top of that, I grew up playing the NES Megaman games, and that nostalgia-fueled trailer hit me right in the childhood.They certainly to be paying a better homage to Megaman than Capcom has lately, he is such a faithfull realized version of his NES self that I couldn't help but crack a smile. The new Smash is hitting all the right notes with me so far. The fact that they're making Bowser more agile gives me hope that Ganondorf won't be the sinking turd that he was in Brawl. Wasn't a fan of Samus' redesign, but hey HD Zero Suit ass might make up for that.

deuxhero

Arcane
Truth be told nothing out of E3 has really interested me outside of Nintendo's offerings. But I recognize that I'm probably the exception and they should've gotten a megaton out there by this year. Smash looks great, Bayonetta 2 looks out of this fucking world as does the Xenoblade sequel. These were all games we knew were coming, though. What reason do I have to get one before 2014? It's a shame, but yeah they fucked up. Again.

Smash Bros Melee is my favorite game of all time, played it for a good 7-8 years with my best friend in high school and after a point we were absurdly good at it. On top of that, I grew up playing the NES Megaman games, and that nostalgia-fueled trailer hit me right in the childhood.They certainly to be paying a better homage to Megaman than Capcom has lately, he is such a faithfull realized version of his NES self that I couldn't help but crack a smile. The new Smash is hitting all the right notes with me so far. The fact that they're making Bowser more agile gives me hope that Ganondorf won't be the sinking turd that he was in Brawl. Wasn't a fan of Samus' redesign, but hey HD Zero Suit ass might make up for that.

Having sat through all the conferences, including the PS4 and Xbone reveal, I really appreciate the Direct's format: No fake ass demonstrations, no people pretending to be enthusiastic, no hype buzzwords, no shit we don't care about, just games and some footage of them. If there was just one more game there, something that wasn't announced yet, it would have been great.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't see reason for QQ about the monthly cost of PS4 online multiplayer.

Consoles are party tools for when bunch of friends gather up and hit it together in a game and that doesn't require internet. You want a online gaming experience? Get PC.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't see reason for QQ about the monthly cost of PS4 online multiplayer.

People will have to pay to play Dark Souls 2 online and such now, or yes, wait for the PC port. I always have a top-of-the-line PC and very, very few console-exclusive online multiplayer games appeal to me. Dark Souls and Monster Hunter are the only ones I can think of offhand.

Paying $5 here and there for the very, very few PS4 games I'll play online in its entire shelf life and getting a few free games in the bargain doesn't bother me too much.

I have to admit though that while nearly every Codexer seems to hate Destiny, I'm somewhat interested in it. Since it almost certainly won't allow mouse and keyboard however, I'm most likely going to pass. Elite: Dangerous, X Rebirth, Star Citizen, and various Kickstarter projects will be available by the time it's released anyway.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Online Multiplayer ? Goodness, I have never even managed to care about this feature. Do I want to play against the CPU or against some random dude who'll insult me either I win or lose, and who pretty much acts like a CPU ? Gee. Only online multiplayer I can stand is cooperative, and I'm not sure I'd buy a PS4 for that.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there any footage of the woman being raped for losing a round of Killer Instinct? :P

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Announcing two new systems and a whole new "generation" of gaming and E3 is this boring on the software front? Christ.

Not that a whole lot of so-called "AAA" games light my fire anymore, but usually there's a few things I'm into on some level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom