Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not so soon. I would't have much free time next week.

But one question about reincarnation. If I reincarnate, do I lose my reaper xp?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Nope, is based in 3e but vastly different than 3.5e CRPG's, the greatest problem of the game is number creep/bloat, but the game is is f2p, so you can downlaod and try. They have a gnome illusionist iconic character > https://ddowiki.com/page/Deep_Gnome

And are based in Eberron, so there a merchant guild "the coin lords" ruling the world.

reincarnate

First time playing a second life character. Takes a eternity to level up each level. I played an non lifer in the weekend, a bit more today and yesterday and only got into lv 11. Wizards only start to get good at lv 7 with death aura, phantasmal killer and negative energy burst. And only become great at lv 11/12/13.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Finally got to Level 20 and went through the heroic Vecna Unleashed expansion. Overall I though they did a good job on it.

The first few quests in the expansion gave the feeling that this was a Sharn part 2 (or part 3 if you count the Soulsplitter quest arc.) However, it is basically a continuation of the storyline they started in Feywild and acts as a conclusion on the Codex of Infinite Plains story arc.

There is a lot of creativity in some of these quests. The second part of the quest chain has you hopping around Eberron a fair bit, which I enjoy as this game has caused me to fall in love with this setting. I particularly like how they brought back the Mournlands which you got to see a glimpse of in "Brothers of the Forge." There are four quests that are stand alone stories that take place outside the main chain and mainly focus on helping students in Morgrave University. They are more comedic in tone and low stakes which I enjoyed. My one complaint is the Shavarath themed quest felt way too similar to "Three Paths to Battle" which was the quest in the prequel chain "Grip of the Hidden Hand." I love Shavarath but it was definately the weakest of all the quests. The final quest in the expansion very much reminded me of Final Fantasy 1 and 2, in the sense you are entering a vast evil castle/palace to fight a cosmic evil. Was very fun and felt like a good conclusion overall. It also introduces the astral plane which is definately going to be the setting of the next expansion.

They added some new enemies with this expansion which were well done. The Vrock has some attacks you have to look out for, but they are telegraphed so you have a chance to dodge them. As a tank the Nothic is definately an "Oh Shit" enemy. The longer you are in the Nothic's line of sight the more damage he does and his ranged attack is force damage so it bypasses magical resistance rating. Champion Nothic's were an absolute nightmare and the best strategy was to get up close to them since they stop their ranged force blast and go to melee. The Balor is seen in one quest but he is only available to fight in the legendary raid, like Arraetrikos the Pit Fiend in Vale of Twilight. Only seen some videos of the raid but he looks cool.

The music is probably the most strange style they have ever done. It combines the Orchestral and Rock music from sharn with straight up 16-bit Mega Man X style music. Was a very interesting choice but I thought it was fun and interesting to listen to.

They decided to skip doing a wilderness area for this expansion since they take a ton of work to do and nobody plays them due to reaper mode and tons of regular xp available. They really need to come up with some sort of reward for doing wilderness areas, like how in the Sands of Menechtarun you can only get certain named items from killing certain rares and bronze tokens that can be traded for named items. Despite not having a wilderness area the Upper Commons of Morgrave University are almost as large as one, and has a nice sense of verticality to it.

Though it has some flaws I thought that overall they did a great job with this one and am looking forward to the next expansion.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
How is the dinosaur expansion? Is that any good?
Yeah, that one is a lot of fun too. Storywise it is where they introduced Vecna, as he uses the teleporting Isle as his plane hopping cab. The main storyline takes place over 5 quests with the other 7 quests being stand alone adventures. The quests are pretty challenging for their level in heroics but they are a lot of fun and drop good gear. Would recommend it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seriously. I was playing in HARDCORE, in one quest, my char just rubber banded into a sonic trap which destroyed my spell protection, OHKilled my hireling and leaved me unconscious. Luckily I stabilized, proceeded to use the walrock temp hp ability which I forgot the name and jumped to the water to quit the quest as I can't complete it. When underwater, I almost got killed cuz despite my char doing the naimation of swiming, he was doing nothing, but luckly, I managed to quit the quest.

fBC14th.png
Vqatn7C.png

after some minutes waiting for the connection to stabilize, I decided to try anther quest. Not in elite.This time, when I was in middle of a conflict with shadow skeletons, my char kepts casting eldritch blast and doing no damage, I pressing my char for him to move and despite the animation happening, my char was unable to move.

After some minutes of it, decided to try to lot ou and not even it worked, so I killed the game in linux and now every time that I try to launch the game is "installing pre reqs"

I tried everything, reset the modem, reset the game, nothing fixes it.

I can't even log in into my char to see if he is alive or if the lag killed him at lv 9.

How I fix this shit?

I just wanna know if my char is alive.

edit : Logged in. My char is alive and with the same hp/sp of before the lagspike.

Lhynn

Arcane
Seriously. I was playing in HARDCORE, in one quest, my char just rubber banded into a sonic trap which destroyed my spell protection, OHKilled my hireling and leaved me unconscious. Luckily I stabilized, proceeded to use the walrock temp hp ability which I forgot the name and jumped to the water to quit the quest as I can't complete it. When underwater, I almost got killed cuz despite my char doing the naimation of swiming, he was doing nothing, but luckly, I managed to quit the quest.

fBC14th.png
Vqatn7C.png

after some minutes waiting for the connection to stabilize, I decided to try anther quest. Not in elite.This time, when I was in middle of a conflict with shadow skeletons, my char kepts casting eldritch blast and doing no damage, I pressing my char for him to move and despite the animation happening, my char was unable to move.

After some minutes of it, decided to try to lot ou and not even it worked, so I killed the game in linux and now every time that I try to launch the game is "installing pre reqs"

I can't even log in into my char to see if he is alive or if the lag killed him at lv 9.

How I fix this shit?

edit : Logged in. My char is alive and with the same hp/sp of before the lagspike.
I think those happens in a few raids that spawn a few too many mobs.
Game is a beauty, but it is unplayable until they fix the lag spikes, its why I quit.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant

fBC14th.png
Vqatn7C.png

How I fix this shit?

This is why I never play hardcore in an online game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
and now i need to play classes i never play for that completionist bonus...

bard, druid and all dress wearing classes - wizzurd, sorcerer and warlock.
:dead:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
all of them are somewhat easy even for solo. Especially bard that can get cha to hit and damage

Reinhardt

Arcane
oh, whatever. 1 arty/9 ranger/10 dresswearer inquisitive - here we go. can't be bothered to make new equip sets. inventory management is already retarded as it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom