Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Think it's extended maintenance too? I'm guessing since they're rolling out the updated store for lotro they're doing it for ddo as well at the same time?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Interesting coupon codes they have going on this week. Codes for 30% off one item, 20% off 3 items, and 15% off 5.

Going to use this coupon to get 30% off the artificer class, since in the 3 years I have played this game it has never been on sale.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Was looking in the patch notes and :
Archmage
  • Master of Magic (Core 20) now also grants +20 Universal Spell Power, and increases from +2 Intelligence to +4 Intelligence.
  • Efficient Metamagics have their Action Point cost reduced from 2 to 1, since AM having metamagics be good seems flavorful.
  • Spell Penetration has its AP cost reduced from 2 to 1.
  • Energy of the Scholar has its AP cost reduced from 2 to 1, matching other trees.
  • Cores 12 and 18 now grant a generic +1 to caster level and max caster level.
https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_61_Release_Notes

Great buffs but still WORTHLESS compared to Pale Master and Eldritch Knight

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Still playing the game and am active on the DDO forums but not so much this one. On both my main toon and solo I haven't gotten to the level range for the heroic and legendary versions of this expansion.

I'm hoping they take advantage of the high level range of these quests to make the content challenging. You can afford to make the enemies tougher since players will be more experienced at these ranges.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Okay, this is interesting. So back at Pax East DDO held a panel about designing a quest and had the audience vote on some things that would be in the quest. They had the different designers pitch their quest based on the parameters people voted for. Then people online voted in a survey for which pitch they liked the most. Developer Nobob's pitch won, so now he is a doing a series of streams showing a behind the scenes of how they go about creating a quest.

I find this fascinating. Cool that they have been using the Turbine engine since Asheron's Call.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, any chance that they will launch a server with lower level cap? Things are too bloated in epic level for my taste in DDO.

deama

Prophet
Guys, any chance that they will launch a server with lower level cap? Things are too bloated in epic level for my taste in DDO.
Don't you just play the adventures that aren't epic? And once you hit epic, reincarnate back?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Spike

Educated

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Don't you just play the adventures that aren't epic? And once you hit epic, reincarnate back?
problem is that you are missing on sweet spot that existed in past: lvl 20 epic quests. You need party and you just wont fill it with no epic lvls.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
problem is that you are missing on sweet spot that existed in past: lvl 20 epic quests. You need party and you just wont fill it with no epic lvls.

IS not that is too hard. The problem is throwing Maximized empowered tier 9 spells like Iceberg in ... Kobolds

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does spellpower increases the attribute damage of cloudkill? If yes, can it deals dozens of CON damage per round essentially making fort saves extremely unlikely to happen?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Does spellpower increases the attribute damage of cloudkill? If yes, can it deals dozens of CON damage per round essentially making fort saves extremely unlikely to happen?
While that would be cool, I believe spellpower only touches damage and nothing else. Also, if I remember correctly red name and orange name enemies have immunity or fast recovery from stat damage.

There are a lot of spells in this game that are hurtful to the players but garbage against enemies.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
When the next HC league will gonna launch?

Lastly, 27k damage

vyQSjF6.png

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
When the next HC league will gonna launch?
No idea. I think there focus right now is on this special one time event that is starting November 1.

Illithid Invasion

Apparently, this is going to last for one week, or potentially longer. The event will unlock a free adventure pack of Level 34 extreme challenge Free to Play quests. Genuinely has me quite curious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom