Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
enjoy while you can. i remember doing same thing with hunt's end+shoot later before. and then they changed epic destinies. and now i don't even bother with hunt's end. literally not even on the bar anymore. just nhb and auto-attack pewpew everything.

Reinhardt

Arcane
just pick renown when you can. tho next ship is in 30 more levels, so probably never.
btw with new space added more buffs, including wizurd things.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Been getting my solo alt fighter/rogue 18/2 to level 30. Chose the Legendary Dreadnought and Shadowdancer destinies as my focus.

At level 26 it started getting really fun, with dire charge sundering, tripping, and stunning enemies. Even though enemies in Epic R1 have a lot of hp and do tons of damage, Dire charge makes it slightly easier then when I was in later heroics.

Reinhardt

Arcane
18-23 is the most miserable experience in the game. mobs are already advanced to epic levels buy you are not yet. early epic destinies is just not enough.

Reinhardt

Arcane
this was retarded life. got exactly zero named items in all legendary sagas combined.
except 3 same shields in saltmarch wilderness...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Man, trying to do Legendary Elite quests solo on my Fighter 18/ Rogue 2 is impossible. I could solo most quests on R1 from heroic to epic (with some difficulty), but Legendary on Elite is too much.

AC becomes worthless. Only crazy high AC like on my main tank will work on Legendary quests, everything is pretty much guaranteed to hit you. Enemies saves are so high that my Dire Charge stun and stunning blow go from always working to guaranteed fail. So my melee dies before he can beat down the mobs. Though I have seen videos of casters with crazy high spell DCs just crowd controlling everything and then blowing everything up. So I guess if you can get a few caster past lives for spell DCs and end game equipment it is possible to solo.

I'll probably try forming or joining a pug to run the legendary sagas on my alt. My main tank toon is still kicking ass with my sorcerer friend. We are going to be reincarnating soon and will be starting our fourth life. We have gone from doing elite when we first started to now doing Reaper 3.

Reinhardt

Arcane
i can do it as inquisitive, but usually it's too long, so i just go hard lately. much faster.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
AC becomes worthless. Only crazy high AC like on my main tank will work on Legendary quests, everything is pretty much guaranteed to hit you. Enemies saves are so high that my Dire Charge stun and stunning blow go from always working to guaranteed fail. So my melee dies before he can beat down the mobs. Though I have seen videos of casters with crazy high spell DCs just crowd controlling everything and then blowing everything up. So I guess if you can get a few caster past lives for spell DCs and end game equipment it is possible to solo.
a bunch of things became worthless when epic levels became introduced. AC being one of them and killed idea of a tank.
Many enemies received so high SR(hello underdark) that CC became dead. I guess druids had their time to shine with earthquakes.

raids became sad with every character becoming polarized dps/heals. Which killed tanks further, quite impossible to keep aggro with all the extra hate buffs if your damage falls behind so much.
At one point epic leet quests were done fastest by fighters with axe and shield. Be it full ftr party, or solo it mattered little.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I'd like to hear some of his DDO stories.
Oh, you watch his videos too? My dad played Fallout but I never really got into it. I played Arcanum and Temple of Elemental Evil as a kid but didn't get too far.

Still I find his videos really fascinating. He is a great storyteller, and gives a lot of insights into game development.

PapaPetro

I'd like to hear some of his DDO stories.
Oh, you watch his videos too? My dad played Fallout but I never really got into it. I played Arcanum and Temple of Elemental Evil as a kid but didn't get too far.

Still I find his videos really fascinating. He is a great storyteller, and gives a lot of insights into game development.
Yeah his vids are as thoughtful as his games.
Maybe one day they'll remake/mod the interface to be more accessible to moderns checking out the classics.

Reinhardt

Arcane
now that i don't need to actively level codexia i can use saga rewards as exp and do 2 epic reincarnations each life. or epic+iconic. turning in sagas after first reincarnation is enough for leveling from 20 to 23 and skipping worst part of epic.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Made a Blightcaster to potentially use this as my BG3 waiting room if it’s fun enough. How do I join Fair Codexia?

Reinhardt

Arcane
just leave korthos to harbor or borderlands, accept invite, grab ship buffs and then you can continue if you wish to finish it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
OK, I'm in the guild :salute:

Kindda fun design for this game compared to other MMOs. I like the dungeon master. Still, probably won't play anymore after BG3 launches, but until then I'll check it out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom