Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age vs Baldurs Gate 2.

Drakron

Arcane
Weresloth said:
1) Why split the knights and militia in two different places?

Because the Knights were more concern with the castle and the militia was more concerned with the village. Just because you are Joe hero that just showed up on the scene doesn't mean you should be able to tell everyone what to do.

And then we have Dwyn, his two thugs and Berwick.

As you are stupid, their position makes sense as its the only path down to the Village and so a bottleneck that is easy defensible as the Militia serves as a the defense line of the Chantry.

2) Why build barricades if they don't really barricade anything?

Because the milita was not that smart and though the barricades didn't serve to stop the enemy it does channel them into a smaller space. Good military tactic.

As in not since there are about 5 gaps were they can pour in ... the smart thing to do would be make sure they could not get in at all and let the archer deal with then.

And since you are stupid, you could argue the barricade was destroyed as Thomas comes to inform they were being overrun.

3) Why do the undead attack in pairs with plenty of time between a pair, even though I'm on hard? It doesn't even whittle the defenders down because everyone regenerates health back since the lapses between pairs are so large.

Were you able to run down that hill 4 abreast with your group? The undead had to come down a few at a time just as if you had an army at the top of the hill coming down. They also aren't too smart.

If anyone had any doubt you are a dumbfuck, here that is all the proof one needs.

"Its not a bug, its a feature"

STUPID! MORON! RETARD!

Go back to BioWare social site.

Seriously, the NPC's could have killed all of the undead or alternately I could have killed them all without NPC help.

You could have killed them all but the npcs would get slaughtered which is what will happen if you initiate the encounters and just watch them get slowly hacked to bits.

And maybe because they scale to you and as the undead are scaled to 7-14, the militia are scaled to 7-11 (the knights are scaled to 7-15).

And again, defending a bug ... stupid ...

What they should have done - allow you to place the militia and knights where you want by usage of landmarks ("Knights, defend the path near the mill", "Militia, defend the Church"), allow you to give them orders during the fight ("Follow me!", "Everybody group to the Church!"), make the Undead attack in 2 waves, with the first one being a column of 20+ coming straight down the patch, then the second wave being twice that size but being split between swimmers from the lake and runners along the path.

That would have been a more epic battle, instead of this miserable little fizzle which only padded gametime.

Once again why should you be able to just show up 3 minutes ago and expect to order independant groups with their own agendas around. That was a decent encounter as far as non thinking ai rpg encounters go.

Yes because its not like the Warden have the dialoge choice of "Knights, stay here" and Murdock says we have been put in charge the first time we talk to him.

Why dont you go back to BioWare Social site you apologist?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Drakron butt hurt over a BIO game... again? WTF do you still play them? Talk about being fuckin' stupid.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
The zombie army was platooned for the same reason everything else is.

Level scaling and filler combat feed into each other for obvious reasons.

zalashkolina

Novice
When I wrote polished/finished I ment mainly plots and quests (not technical issues - Technical gliches can be fixed in patches. A crapy story cant.). DA is almost polished in story aspect, while BG2 lacks much quality content that was cut down.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Weresloth said:
1) Why split the knights and militia in two different places?

Because the Knights were more concern with the castle and the militia was more concerned with the village. Just because you are Joe hero that just showed up on the scene doesn't mean you should be able to tell everyone what to do.

Except that the brother of the earl, who is in charge of the whole feodal crapsack, begs you for help as does the mayor of the town itself. Add to that the fact that the player is member of the infamous Grey Wardens.

Weresloth said:
2) Why build barricades if they don't really barricade anything?

Because the milita was not that smart and though the barricades didn't serve to stop the enemy it does channel them into a smaller space. Good military tactic.

Haha, lol. Have you actually watched how the barricades are placed? They are just for show. The 3 near the mill have no function because the knights are too far and the area is too large, hence they should have put all 3 together to form a wall to allow all of them pepper the undead with arrows. Down in the village the barricades have four holes in them, allowing the undead to attack from three different directions (the fourth one is for the player and I didn't spot any undead circling around for that).

So we have a level designer who drops stuff down just to make it look cool, without any thought for it making any sense, even inside the game world. That's just sloppy.

Weresloth said:
3) Why do the undead attack in pairs with plenty of time between a pair, even though I'm on hard? It doesn't even whittle the defenders down because everyone regenerates health back since the lapses between pairs are so large.

Were you able to run down that hill 4 abreast with your group? The undead had to come down a few at a time just as if you had an army at the top of the hill coming down. They also aren't too smart.

Uh, yeah, so weak. I just pointed out how everyone had enough time fully regenerate back between the pairs. It's apparently a bug since of course its better for them to come down in a column instead of stragglers every now and then.

Weresloth said:
Seriously, the NPC's could have killed all of the undead or alternately I could have killed them all without NPC help.

You could have killed them all but the npcs would get slaughtered which is what will happen if you initiate the encounters and just watch them get slowly hacked to bits.

No, because my encounter was bugged. There were only 2 zombies at a time attacking the knights or the militia.

Weresloth said:
Once again why should you be able to just show up 3 minutes ago and expect to order independant groups with their own agendas around. That was a decent encounter as far as non thinking ai rpg encounters go.

check what I wrote above. Its a crappy and sloppy encounter. If the undead would have come down in a proper column, it would have been actually hard - but that would still leave my other grievances.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Kaanyrvhok said:

So is it a bug that they only came down 2 at a time or not? Did other people face an actual wave of attackers?

Hamenaglar

Novice
GarfunkeL said:
Kaanyrvhok said:

So is it a bug that they only came down 2 at a time or not? Did other people face an actual wave of attackers?

I didn't face a wave of attackers when defending the mill.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
GarfunkeL said:
Kaanyrvhok said:

yes it was impossible to save the militia, because 1) two or 3 were already dead when I arrived incl. the chief of them 2) waves ofs up to 6-8 at a time

however at the mill with the knights they really only came 1 or 2 at a time

ZippyDSMlee

Novice
Hell I is a noob, I glanced over this thread while I was looking for mana and inf ammo mods BG to make it...you know...playable.... ok ok BG is a awesome and grand game but my god it makes some heavy duty OCD rddled RTS/TBS but my lord by the time you add up daily magic ammo for range weapons it just is to much. That aside lets go over what I see DA has or has not over BG.

Characters
Wow both have great and fun characters perhaps GB has more crazy ones I have not got to far into DA but I doubt I will be seeing Minsc go nuts for taking to long to go save his princess(did I mention that's around the time I stoped playing BG...oh god if it was just mana based or at the least FF1 based where you can easily regain spell slot use) but I digress. I think the BG series is a bit deeper but not by much at the end of the day they all run on pre scripted sets of data the only difference is BG has a couple more characters that are just unforgettable!
==============================================

Dialog

DA has deeper conversations with your team and a few other characters but I hate how one shot it tends to be and worse yet I am skilled in dialog and they will not show me which lines are good/bad, good/bad begin positive/negative relationship wise with the player character, I think they rushed though that a bit they tried to hard to get away from the moral slider when they merely needed to make it deeper. but with that said BG has a much richer back story and novels within it what DA has in nice shiny presentation for VA and general dialog you can't easily out do a rich text based world this is something modern gaming dose not get you are going to need to use voice altering tech to get 10-20 unique voices and pour 100 hours or more of text into a RPG to get up to the standards we have lost..... but that aside DA has solid main dialog in voice and BG perhaps even greater everything in text.
================================================
Combat

Oh boy......... its been awhile since I played BG I can;t recall how buggy it was but DA likes to change weapon sets without my OK or what I have setup in tactics, like changing from crossbow or staff to melee weapon....like...no I do not want you doing that we are all doing range weapons to kill off things quickly now....why do you want to disperse your attacks so you die like a gimp.....

Other than that both has a good set of AI scripts and general combat commanding,I do with I could trade tactics for quqeing tho.... I'd much rather bark out 3-5 orders at a time then pause and requqe up... the gambits are nice and all er ya ya FF12 and all that they are not bad but I can't help to think there is a better way to do this.....

=============================================
Items/Equipment

Both annoy the hell out of me IN BG you can heal and revive but ammo limited and annoying as hell ,certain anti magic combo,ect in DA you can only heal self or wait till combat is over to revive someone it makes it harder and more tricky and I think its a worse mechanic but they have to do something to make it fluid and challenging, I think traditional item usage with the caveat of if you use it on another party member it takes more time cool down and the process to heal another takes 50 or 60% more time.

Reviving could be as easy as a simple 10 silver smelling salt that takes 40 seconds to cool down and gets them back up on their feet with 20% HP/Mana/Stanima

Other than that I love being able to do basic dual wielding with daggers :P and I do love the the posing and bomb making that's very neat!! Tho it would help if throwing range got a boost by strength/dex..... just saying.....
================================================
Talent/skill layout

Lets face it DA is messy you have req's so why force people to pick on a first come first served basis? maybe because you sell them so people can buy the ones they want once they meet the reqs..but some on... BG 1-2 is much more polished and know where its going with its classes I know DA is trying hard not to have such antiseptic ladders but really set basic reqs and let people pick what they want.

Otherwise its a hard pick BG is more polished and DA is more fun...I hate the old D&D "daily magic" setup tho it was not so bad in warriors of the eternal sun on the genesis but good god when time is noted like in BG it spells bad ju ju.....or bad boo....whatever *rolls eyes* :P

I am not to found of the live action cool down stuff mana driven or not perhaps the mechanic needs more polish like in DAs case base speed of spell archetype and cunning perhaps 1% faster up to 20 then 2% faster for every point past 20 for magic user classes,screw stun locking and such finite balancing if I can have a bit more fun by messing with my atts let me :P

I forget dose willpower govern to hit? since magic governs power and what yuo can learn willpower should govern magic stamina as well as if its effective on hit or not.

ack I am rambling ><
=======================================

Level layout

BG and most 2D RPGs FTW modern games do level layout poorly or not at all, it seems level designs quit thinking when they try and do something in 3D I have come to hate most FPSs these days due to the return of the corridor shooter trend...I hate nothing more than antiseptic,bland and small levels while not all modern games suffer from it its a bane of modern gaming.

Rant aside FF12 did level design well even if it had issues galore and DA dose levels fairly well I think ME was a bit more polished in level layout and scenery but DA still tries to be more than a bland simplistic layout with a few nuts scattered about for effort. Sure they are flat but what modern game is not they are a bit ..er... bland and sometimes a bit small.....(also why are we loading a whole level to see the upstairs? *kicks designers in the head*) but I have seen worse. Oh and I call Kotor/ME action games well they are adventure games really like Onimusha or Resident evil and such a simple action game with a hub'd and or winding level theme where you find a ton of crap and do more fighting than walking.

Every since 3D took off (late 90s) adventure/action kinda merged you see more action adventure games these days than straight up level by level action games which where the main stay of..er...action games... LOL whatever you call it , you can call im "lite" Bioshock is a lite adventure shooter, no mater how long FO3 is it too is a lite game because of the shallow coding DA is more a normal RPG I would not call it hard core or lite its deeper and more polished than kotor or even ME or JE so tis not a typical Bioware lite adventure RPG.

Over all story and plot

BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet....

IMO its far more a "spiritual successor" to what it claims to be than that sell out of a cheap wank bioshock as much as its an ok shooter its a insult to the System shock series

oh ya it might help to mention I missed NWN completely 0-o
but arcanum,FO1-2,FOTatics,BG1 some BG2 some Nox and some Sacred not to mention daiblo 2, while D2 was pure dungeon crawling Sacred was world crawling 0-o and NOX was awesome!!!
================

Oh ya because I sit on the pause button like a OCD addict I only lost 1 milltia member when I fought the zombie horde at red cliff no fire ball on my mage lvls were 5-7 :P

ZippyDSMlee

Novice
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I can't decide whether you're an alt trolling the codex or if you're just plain stupid. I wage on the latter though.

Says that to the person whos calling people names 0-o

Anyway BG1-2 is a bit more polished with its patches than DA, DA is still not bad in anyway the best of the new of bioware stuff since KOTOR but all in all its hard not to say how much larger and richer BG1-2 is.

Zalg0

Novice
Melcar said:
IWD > BG2 > BG > IWD2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DA:O
Gotta give DA some slack, it IS a game made in 2009, when have you seen a good game made after 2k5ish?
Never >:C
Well okay maybe a few but DA isn't one of them.
So.
/agree

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet....

ZippyDSMlee

Novice
Serious_Business said:
BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet....

Serious_Business is Serious_Business, so much awesomeness in so little text a shame I can;t do it...I drool to much.

But anyway Seriously guys just one idiots view of the 2 games and such, I need to lruk more I didn't this place is trollish haven....so much I can learn.......*lurk lurk lurk*.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Or learn to type. You're nearly as bad as Volly. Makes your text much more readable. Also, if Final Fantasy is in your opinion the pinnacle of RPG-development, this really isn't the correct board for you.

racofer

Thread Incliner

circ

Arcane
BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet.... BG has a richer in game history but all in all DA is not half bad its still lacking in alot of text. Main plot/story wise BG is a bit richer but it has so much more to pull from I dunno what dose DA pull from I am loving the whole setup so far with the darkness that corrupts the dark bit it alluding to overall its a decent RPG that is flawed but still fun enough for lay-gamers I hope they go deeper/bigger/longer/more polish skill/talent wise with the next RPG they do if so they may well out do BG but DA has not outdone BG yet....

ZippyDSMlee

Novice
GarfunkeL said:
Or learn to type. You're nearly as bad as Volly. Makes your text much more readable. Also, if Final Fantasy is in your opinion the pinnacle of RPG-development, this really isn't the correct board for you.
Zippy speak dose not get much better than other common "dropped on the head repeatedly at birth" issues,sadly...I have been trying...I just can not write...well I can write it just comes with alot of eye bleeding and scrapping of all reading comprehension for sanity and logic saves.....but whatever I am use to it....I don't go blind much from it much anymore.....

Well..... now give FF some credit FF 4 and 6 are great, past that they are...well....randomly nice to awful Jrpgs...... if anything FF12 got level layout mostly right, I didn't care for the way loot was handled to MMO'y for my tastes. Other wise ....well.... battle is done half right... would like more control over the party the ability to break up the party,ect,ect still what kills the game for me is bland and boring equipment and a broken skill system...sure the andro emo annoyingly boring and stupid lead is a turn off but tis a Jrpg you can't hope for much on that end....

Hell FF9 was the last true FF game IMO...now if they could get Dragon ages battle system in a FF game with more thought to movement so its not so easy to run around all over the place in a fight and let me jump from tight command of rough battles and snoozing for grinding on customized automatic play mode(like how BG/DA,KOTOT,ect do it) I would be a happy camper....but alas I am asking a Jrpg to be...well....fun....and thats just not going to happen to the annoying grind fests of predictable emoy unhappy my closest youngest female relative wont suck me off deary poo joy.......and yes to much zero punctuation for this kat =>>=

I mean really I love my RPGs and FPSs but I bend over for no game..well.....it is harder to bend over and all these days but its more due to shiny and brand name dose not cover up the stench of poor and stagnate gameplay for me anymore...so its not fun I don;t put up with it and since the new consoles have banned fun IE code breaker/game shark I am hating more and more games so easily these days.....

larpingdude18

Educated
ZippyDSMlee said:
Hell FF9 was the last true FF game IMO...

thumbs_up_smiley.gif

welcome to rpg codex!

ZippyDSMlee

Novice
larpingdude16.5 said:
ZippyDSMlee said:

thumbs_up_smiley.gif

welcome to rpg codex!

THanx!

I mean I can dig on FF9 if I try but weakish story is all I can come up with the characters and wit is there the gameplay rocks and makes each class unique and awesome, I could care less if its cute(peeps hate cute for some strange reason I go for gamepaly, I love mega man legends best damn thing to happen to mega man in a decade and they not only will not make another one but will not polish up the game play and use it on a new MMX,MM game.....capcom you SUCK ...oh and you suck more for command mission and BOF5 as well >>)

Where was I..ah yes FF.... 9 was great for the most part 10 is stupid emo romance world 2.0(8 would be romance world 1, I did kinda like it tho magic sucked,equipment sucked.....skill/class was interesting once you got the hang of it....but god you had to grow a vag to like it,sorry invoking yahtzee again >< ) was so half assed the only thing worth while was the sphere grid the best thing about it is how you evolved the class to a hybrid class when you maxed out that class or got near to it....tho everything else...uhg and FF12 is kinda the opposite gameplay,level layout and story is better,characters are a tad bit better but everything else sucks items,equipment skills,......blah ><

I know I know I have went over 9000 3 paragraphs ago with my last rambling rant....

Wulfstand

Prophet
Was ff9 the one with the monkey kid-protagonist, or was it the one with the guy who wielded that sword-gun? I can't really remember.

ZippyDSMlee

Novice
Wulfstand said:
Was ff9 the one with the monkey kid-protagonist, or was it the one with the guy who wielded that sword-gun? I can't really remember.

Monkey kid thief who knew how to duel wiled was FF9, gay emo man childwith the gun sword all the girls went after was FF8. And FF7 with the emo blodne..er...the one were the world was on dry land and not water world...that would be X/10.

ZippyDSMlee said:
larpingdude16.5 said:
ZippyDSMlee said:

thumbs_up_smiley.gif

welcome to rpg codex!

THanx!

I mean I can dig on FF9 if I try but weakish story is all I can come up with the characters and wit is there the gameplay rocks and makes each class unique and awesome, I could care less if its cute(peeps hate cute for some strange reason I go for gamepaly, I love mega man legends best damn thing to happen to mega man in a decade and they not only will not make another one but will not polish up the game play and use it on a new MMX,MM game.....capcom you SUCK ...oh and you suck more for command mission and BOF5 as well >>)

Where was I..ah yes FF.... 9 was great for the most part 10 is stupid emo romance world 2.0(8 would be romance world 1, I did kinda like it tho magic sucked,equipment sucked.....skill/class was interesting once you got the hang of it....but god you had to grow a vag to like it,sorry invoking yahtzee again >< ) was so half assed the only thing worth while was the sphere grid the best thing about it is how you evolved the class to a hybrid class when you maxed out that class or got near to it....tho everything else...uhg and FF12 is kinda the opposite gameplay,level layout and story is better,characters are a tad bit better but everything else sucks items,equipment skills,......blah ><

I know I know I have went over 9000 3 paragraphs ago with my last rambling rant....

Agree completely. Welcome to the Codex! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom