Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age II General Discussion (Part 2)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Old Thread here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... start=1075

VentilatorOfDoom said:
OK. I tried to convince the bad templar but it didn't work. Who knows maybe I picked the wrong answer, the dialogue wheel short responses are often not too useful. I guess that makes this quest OK. Because, at least you have some choice beyond kill kill kill(even if not easily achievable?).

Silellak said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I guess that makes this quest OK. Because, at least you have some choice beyond kill kill kill
This is the key to understanding DA2. :smug:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So... a guy cries that x isn't possible in a certain quest then it turns out x is possible.. how the fuck can we take this moran seriously?

FFS there's plenty of C&C - including in the fade quest. The reason why Merill likely turn into tranquil is likely because she is not the mage dreaming, you dumb shit.

And, thjere's tons of shit. First off, you can hurt your relationships badly. And, there are 3 different endings to it, and each of them has a consequence to be seen in act 3.
FFS FFS FFS

attackfighter

Magister
I liked DA2. Although one thing that annoyed me was that Zevran made a cameo even though I killed him in DA:O, and what's worse was that I couldn't find an option to kill him a second time. Fucking gay elves! :x

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
attackfighter said:
I liked DA2. Although one thing that annoyed me was that Zevran made a cameo even though I killed him in DA:O, and what's worse was that I couldn't find an option to kill him a second time. Fucking gay elves! :x

Did you use an imported save?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
So... a guy cries that x isn't possible in a certain quest then it turns out x is possible.. how the fuck can we take this moran seriously?
I did not cry you braindead blathering piece of shit. I mentioned it. Not that I expect you to comprehend the difference, fucktard. I guess your mom is to blame for your lack of comprehension, shouldn't have fostered the afterbirth.

Volourn said:
FFS there's plenty of C&C - including in the fade quest. The reason why Merill likely turn into tranquil is likely because she is not the mage dreaming, you dumb shit.
So, the reason why Merill likely turn into tranquil is likely because she is not the mage dreaming, you dumb shit?
Did I already call you an illerate, braindead, blathering piece of shit? I did. As for plenty of C&C - well, if you say so it must be true.

Volourn said:
And, thjere's tons of shit.
Agreed, the game's literally full of it.

Volourn said:
First off, you can hurt your relationships badly. And, there are 3 different endings to it, and each of them has a consequence to be seen in act 3.
As soon as I reach act 3 I will see for myself.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"So, the reason why Merill likely turn into tranquil is likely because she is not the mage dreaming, you dumb shit? "

My typing dumbfuckery aside, you know I meant 'doesn't turn into tranquil'.

Still, you were proven wrong, and youa re gonna be proven wrong again. Why do bother makming stuff up when you know I am right and you are wrong?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
My typing dumbfuckery aside, you know I meant 'doesn't turn into tranquil'.
I will try to not only leave your typing dumbfuckery aside, but also your general dumbfuckery.
I never doubted that one can make up some explanation like yours. I merely pointed out that the keeper said: kill mage in fade -> tranquil. And the whole situation with Merrill struck me as a good example of some massive consequense (to earlier decisions, for bringing a blood mage with me, for saying the wrong things or just not gathering enough friendship? Whatever.) and the outcome was lame.

Volourn said:
Still, you were proven wrong, and youa re gonna be proven wrong again. Why do bother makming stuff up when you know I am right and you are wrong?
I heard, if you repeat this often enough it will become true.

attackfighter

Magister
Jaesun said:
attackfighter said:

Yes.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
attackfighter said:
Jaesun said:
attackfighter said:

Yes.

:lol:

Granted there are still some import bugs still in ME2 (Conrad Verner) this doesn't really surprise me. Funny as fucking hell though.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I heard, if you repeat this often enough it will become true.

I seem to remember that being some sort of fallacy... what was it called...?

By the way, I nominate Bioware as the new king of shit. Bethesda is no longer worthy of that title.

circ

Arcane
I managed to convince the templars to fuck off with mask response. I used mask response most of the game with a rogue.

Hammer response seemed to be collar grab response sometimes. Everyone hated that, especially Aveline. Fenris, dunno, didn't really use magical size 0 Avatar elf with Cloud sword much.

Aveline and Bethany love saint response, everyone else hates it.

At that point it wouldn't have mattered if you fought the templars anyway, because just getting to those blood mages, or blood mage, meant fighting several pointless waves of mobs. In the same beach area. And the same cavern area. You've by then been to a few hundred times before.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I'd steal DA2 if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not a masochist. Seriously, waste of bandwidth, I've played the demo and seen a few gameplay vids. I mean, why the fuck do you people even discuss this thing? There is no discussion to be had here, at best you can discuss whether it deserves -1/10 or 0/10, that's it. It has no redeeming features. NONE. It's like thyroid cancer, the only sensible course of action is to get rid of it. FFS, even the Biotards moan about, that's gotta ring a few bells.

attackfighter

Magister
Oesophagus said:
I'd steal DA2 if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not a masochist. Seriously, waste of bandwidth, I've played the demo and seen a few gameplay vids. I mean, why the fuck do you people even discuss this thing? There is no discussion to be had here, at best you can discuss whether it deserves -1/10 or 0/10, that's it. It has no redeeming features. NONE. It's like thyroid cancer, the only sensible course of action is to get rid of it. FFS, even the Biotards moan about, that's gotta ring a few bells.

As if I care what you think :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
3928.png

Multi-headed Cow said:
What is this end of line nonsense.

It's the retarded trademark phrase used by Woo, an overzealous mod over at the bioboards, just before he locks down a thread critical of DA2. Usually preceded by generic excuse, eg "too much bickering", "not related to DA2", "to much arguing" etc.

Multi-headed Cow

I meant more along the lines of why are we getting locked threads and new ones opened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom