Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
True. I think, maybe it's my naivety, that as a human Swen loves boobs and unnecessary violence, but ESG forced him to be LGBT+ (or at least their forms).
Swen likes the following:
Elves
Reptilian humanoids
Mages of all sorts
Cats
Random loot
Ultima 7

The edgelord stuff is Jan(the lead and once upon a time only writer), for whatever reason he always loved juxtaposing lighthearted humour and edge.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
True. I think, maybe it's my naivety, that as a human Swen loves boobs and unnecessary violence, but ESG forced him to be LGBT+ (or at least their forms).
Swen likes the following:
Elves
Reptilian humanoids
Mages of all sorts
Cats
Random loot
Ultima 7

The edgelord stuff is Jan(the lead and once upon a time only writer), for whatever reason he always loved juxtaposing lighthearted humour and edge.

This is the spirit of bande dessinée:

kran03.jpg

I'm sure Swen read them voraciously in the '90s.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
-cooldown and mana combat system with overabundance of healing, decline
Where was this overabundance of healing? You can't spam healing spells or potions. Combat continues while doing both of these (casting & drinking).

-wasting money on full VA, still looks awkward as fuck
DA:O voice acting is great, to the point where even random NPCs have some subtlety in performance. Lots of small details to be found. And the best part is no PC voice acting which opens the game up to give you so many dialogue options. Another shit point by you.

There are gays and every single one is presented as a hedonist degenerate who doesn't treat relationships the same as others. Hell, the 3 you meet are the ones you can have a foursome with (Isabella, Leliana, Zevran) if I'm remembering correctly. Leliana is a whore desperately trying to present a good girl attitude but will never escape her ways. Zevran is a hedonist who doesn't even love guys, he's just mentally ill & sinful. Going in the right direction with him as a female is the only way to get him to somewhat a normal state mentally.

Tell me how this based depiction of fags is a negative?

-boring companions
Subjective and no examples.

Can kill or not recruit almost every companion in this game. You gain loyalty and trust in different ways depending on your personality. Sure, there are some that aren't deep, but who cares. Having a known quantity is fine, different people will gravitate different companions based on personal preference.

That's already a success in my book

-bad encounter design
+

-cliche bioware story formula
Cliches are not inherently bad and DA:O is not an exact cut and paste generic fantasy world #29202838. Take a cliche and make some minor changes to it is not inherently bad. Not every game has to have a crazy, never before seen setting.

-uninspired world(darkspawn are literally le orcs)
Almost every RPG in existence. Also darkspawn are a backdrop threat to your true journey. They just provide an additional obstacle. And they're much more fleshed out than generic mooks I've seen in most other games.

-rtwp<tb, sadly it is rtwp
There's good & shit games in both of these

Having a game like DA:O guaranteed being released in current year would be great. A stable, known quantity. Making me sound like a fanboy for a game I'm slightly above neutral in just by how bad your arguments are.

Conclusion: 60IQ shiptars should not attempt to analyze or make points. You lack the communication and critical thinking skills to be a productive member of society.

9ted6

Educated
There are gays and every single one is presented as a hedonist degenerate who doesn't treat relationships the same as others. Hell, the 3 you meet are the ones you can have a foursome with (Isabella, Leliana, Zevran) if I'm remembering correctly. Leliana is a whore desperately trying to present a good girl attitude but will never escape her ways. Zevran is a hedonist who doesn't even love guys, he's just mentally ill & sinful. Going in the right direction with him as a female is the only way to get him to somewhat a normal state mentally.

Zevran and Leliana also regret being degenerates and were manipulated into it. With the right choices you can turn both of them good especially Leliana and neither of them is an I'm a hedonist and I'm proud of it type unlike BG3's many more gay or sex crazed NPCs who act like it's a virtue.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Going in the right direction with him as a female is the only way to get him to somewhat a normal state mentally.
What is this I see?

You play as a womynz?!

Who fucks guys??!
I've only ever played as a female in 2 games (Jade Empire, Black Book).

Know a Serbian biowhore who has a hardon for Zevran and explained this to me.

I kill him on my playhthrough

Frozen

Arcane
So, is this coming out this year or what? They still don't even have a trailer.

What's the last game BioWare made and when was that, do they even exist anymore.

scytheavatar

Scholar
So, is this coming out this year or what? They still don't even have a trailer.

What's the last game BioWare made and when was that, do they even exist anymore.

Officially, they are revealing the trailer in summer. Which is a hint that the game is coming out in 2025.

And yeah, the groundwork has already been laid to shut down Bioware ASAP, with the old timers getting laid off and SWTOR being cut from the studio. It's all a question of whether Dreadwolf can be successful enough for Bioware to avoid the axe.

sosmoflux

Educated
DeadWare

A cautionary tale to all those who think they can ignore thier core audiences in vain attempts to court the normies

End of line

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DeadWare

A cautionary tale to all those who think they can ignore thier core audiences in vain attempts to court the normies

End of line
It was fun while it lasted and money was cheap.

It's weird when you think of it this way, but past cases of money supply tightening used to be something that blue collar workers were worried about. This time it's become a woke corporate plancton extinction event.

9ted6

Educated
DeadWare

End of line
Unfortunately this is their core audience now. You'd have to be on board with gay trans wolf elves to still like modern Bioware.

Camel

Scholar
DA:O voice acting is great, to the point where even random NPCs have some subtlety in performance. Lots of small details to be found. And the best part is no PC voice acting which opens the game up to give you so many dialogue options. Another shit point by you.
It is. Leliana's voice actress is French IRL with a lovely accent, also actors who voiced Morrigan, Duncan and Alistair did a great job.

Leliana is straight, for all intents and purposes, unless you deliberately court her as a woman PC. Zevran is your standard effeminate fag. DA:O has some protowoke elements but still managed to be pozz-free and non-woke. i.e. no black or Asian Fereldans and Orlesians.
Subjective and no examples.

Can kill or not recruit almost every companion in this game. You gain loyalty and trust in different ways depending on your personality. Sure, there are some that aren't deep, but who cares. Having a known quantity is fine, different people will gravitate different companions based on personal preference.

That's already a success in my book
You can kill or exile all companions except Alistair in the game, which is incline.

Cliches are not inherently bad and DA:O is not an exact cut and paste generic fantasy world #29202838. Take a cliche and make some minor changes to it is not inherently bad. Not every game has to have a crazy, never before seen setting.
BioWare tried to have a grimdark spin on generic Tolkien-derivative fantasy and it more or less worked in DA:O.
Having a game like DA:O guaranteed being released in current year would be great. A stable, known quantity. Making me sound like a fanboy for a game I'm slightly above neutral in just by how bad your arguments are.
Right. The current year clown world doesn’t have many good/non-pozzed RPGs or games for that matter.
Conclusion: 60IQ shiptars should not attempt to analyze or make points. You lack the communication and critical thinking skills to be a productive member of society.
:lol:

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
I can't wait to see in a few years electric debates about how Oblivion was based and an improvement compared to recent releases.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Leliana is straight, for all intents and purposes, unless you deliberately court her as a woman PC. Zevran is your standard effeminate fag. DA:O has some protowoke elements but still managed to be pozz-free and non-woke. i.e. no black or Asian Fereldans and Orlesians.
Agree about Leliana, but this isn't shocking or new, you'd be hard pressed to find games even nowadays which don't have 100% avoidable gay content that you have to go out of your way to trigger. Which is ironic because iirc Zevran is the first video game companion who is unavoidably queer if you deign to speak to him. But I really don't find him all that effeminate, being some form of queer myself and having known actually effeminate gay guys he doesn't come off as that at all and isn't written to be that way.

You can kill or exile all companions except Alistair in the game, which is incline.
You can kill/exile Alistair. That's what I did on my only playthrough. I wanted to keep Loghain, he threw a sissy fit and wouldn't back down, so I killed him.

As for your point about Zevran. He's not an effeminate gay, moreso a cliche "charmer" with a Spanish accent. Plus everything in the game points to him actually living girls, while his feelings for men boil down to lust derived from his hedonistic life, he has no other experience.

Camel

Scholar
Agree about Leliana, but this isn't shocking or new, you'd be hard pressed to find games even nowadays which don't have 100% avoidable gay content that you have to go out of your way to trigger. Which is ironic because iirc Zevran is the first video game companion who is unavoidably queer if you deign to speak to him. But I really don't find him all that effeminate, being some form of queer myself and having known actually effeminate gay guys he doesn't come off as that at all and isn't written to be that way.

As for your point about Zevran. He's not an effeminate gay, moreso a cliche "charmer" with a Spanish accent. Plus everything in the game points to him actually living girls, while his feelings for men boil down to lust derived from his hedonistic life, he has no other experience.
If you have a good relationship/friendship with Zevran IIRC he still propositions a male PC.

Goldschmidt

Learned

I liked Dragon Age Origins but having gays (although few) in the game is a chink in the armour and the start of the decline. It is still tolerable in the sense that fag Zevran at least can keep his dick in his pants (looking at you BG 3) when you meet him. Plus you can kill the fag off. Also despite being a fag, he is actually a semi-fag (half degenerate) in the sense he romances females as well.

Also what you mentioned not having asian and black Fereldans and Orlesians is a major plus in a fantasy setting, surely in the current world that churns out series like Rings of Power and House of the Dragon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom