Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you like Homeworld?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
HomeworldLolis.jpg

HomeworldTaiidanLoli.jpg

HomeworldKadosh.jpg

NSFW- http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rldds8.jpg

spacemoose

Erudite
its mission based, so no. I need the freedom to choose which dudes I'm going to go kill next, and to compare my empire to others on the same screen

Fez

Erudite
I like Homeworld enough to forgive it for inspiring these horrors.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
My Cataclysm CD is scratched up so I torrented it. However the torrent is fail, corrupted install.

Normal Homeworld I had to install using a pirated ISO, but I didn't need a crack because my CD still works for playing.

Severian Silk

One of my favorite games. The sequel made me think I was playing with miniatures, so I didn't like it as much (though it had some cool new features).

Destroid

Arcane
Hw1&Hw2 are both quality games, never played cataclysm though :/

The easy modding for hw2 is a big plus, and there are some very cool mods out there (PDS and complex mod come to mind).

I would love a HW3 to come out, especially if they retained the modding friendly nature.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Cataclysm is fine. Barking Dog did a nice job preserving the atmosphere.
too bad that was their first and last complete victory on a 3d space rts field. Sins Of A Solar Empire and Sword Of The Stars were worse. well probably that's what you get for splitting one team in two.

DraQ

Arcane
HW1 is pure concentrated awesomeness.

Cataclysm was decent, but had some severely retarded things, like animated galaxy backgrounds (I mean, seriously, WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK!?), poor unit selection and some extremely stupid game design (like homing energy cannons and SU limit, both forcing you to basically forfeit lighter craft in favour of several dreadnoughts and destroyers).

HW2 had some nifty ideas and cool ships, but the plot and setting were utterly raped resulting in some Silmarillion-in-space-with-gaping-plotholes-the-size-of-a-supergiant abomination. This, with the addition of auto-hyperspace at the end of each mission, fucked the game up.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Hehe, the first image is hilarious :lol: Homeworld series has been very clearly influenced by anime. It was obvious in the cutscenes.
Nevertheless, HW1 was a revelation for me, it was quite spectacular. Cataclysm was also a fun game. Barking dog did a good job. HW2 wasn't so fresh as HW1, but I liked most things about it and enjoyed playing it greatly.

fastpunk

Arbiter
I only played the second one and I liked it. Quite a bit actually. It had superb atmosphere. I'll get around to the first one soon enough I think.

DraQ

Arcane
Two things both HW2 and HWC failed at are sense of place and sense of journey.

In HW1 there was this galactic chart with plotted course in loading screens, additionally, space backgrounds corresponded rather well with what would be seen from this point of the galaxy, creating sense of progression as you hyperspaced closer and closer to your destination.

Destroid

Arcane
I'll agree with that, hw1 by far had the better atmosphere and storyline compared with its sequal.

Much like MoO3, they had great plans for Hw2, then the hard realities of getting a project done on time and on budget hit home and they cut pretty much anything new out of the game :(

Look up some PDS mod videos on youtube, its a thing of beauty.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
Since I'm almost poor and my desktop with a fucking Radeon HD 3870 met a rather large stone object and ripped apart half a year back, I've been forced to using my laptop's Intel integrated. I downloaded the driver updates and now I can't play Homeworld 2.

Fuck you Intel, and your bullshit octocore technology.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
kingcomrade said:
Holy shit I'm playing Cataclysm and this game is hard. I'm playing mission 5 or 6 on Easy at 1/4 speed and I just can't keep up.
Kingcomrade sucks at Homeworld - nothing unexpected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom