Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Latest update is making my game crash on loading savegame... Belgium isnt even playing Larian, dont fuck this up.

Also it forces me to restart steam after crash because game is stuck syncing...

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Could you exit the game, exit Steam and restart Steam and verify integrity of the game files and such?

Perkel

Arcane
I am playing currently in 3 person team:

- mace/shield pure fighter
- pure rogue
- pure bow henchmen

no magic nor any skill related to healing. Only self created things and bought potions and shit. Scrolls occasionally as support but no scroll stacking

Game is much harder this way but it gives in return much more tactical combat. Rogue for example actually now is vital character as his stun ability and mobility is critical to stopping hard hitting enemies. Since i have no press A to heal abilities preparation is actually a thing and i have now reason to make various food. Sneak now is critical to my gameplay due to scouting various combat scenarios and dealing backstab to start combat eliminating CC enemies. Running from fight also now is an option and it is actually gameplay mechanic that keeps my characters alive if something bad happens.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Just finished the newb 'dungeon' and I am not impressed.

- Highlight key can't decide what shit to highlight.
- Highlight labels for small items are not accurately placed so you still have to pixel hunt, or click on label (!), to loot.
- Isometric but with a few degrees of wobble either way? - what a fucking pointless waste of effort that feature is. Either used a fixed camera and design your environments properly, or don't bother.
- Magical shit outnumbers 'mundane' tactical options. Why do I have a melee fighter when there's nothing for them to do or use?
- Apparently fire arrows set fire to poison. Poison. Poison is flammable. WTF?
- Stop putting interactable objects everywhere if there's no fucking point to the interaction. I'm too old for this time-wasting shit. Go fuck yourself with your empty barrels and vases.
- Portraits don't tally with models.

I really hope this gets better, after all the potatoes I spent on it. Else I fear the incline has been delayed.
Lol go back to Skyrim, leave the real RPGs to the pros. What a tool.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Blargh, early part of the game was stupid easy and all of a sudden I'm getting fucking destroyed by every encounter outside of Cyseal.

Lowering difficulty to Easy. :negative:

You must have a severely gimped party, then. I was steamrolling all enemies outside Cyseal on Normal with my Cleric (Men-at-Arms + Hydro), Wizard (Geo + Pyro + Aero), Witch (Witchcraft + Aero) and Rogue (Marksman), so I actually had to switch to Hard to maintain some challenge.

Edit: I was level 3 when I went outside, now I'm level 5.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is not diablo. Do you look in all barrels in the real world?
Yes. Yes I do.
:salute::lol:

I'm seriously getting pissed that I still can't play the game, because I only have the subpar GOG version, while the Steam owners play the patched game. What the fuck Larian!? At least provide patches that I can download from your site and install. You know, just like in the old days!

Commissar bets Pirate scum can play patched version; way to reward People for actually buying your shyte GOG and Larian. :hero:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Witch book is underwhelming, it's like playing Shadowrun with only boring debuffs. You'd think developers would learn how to make proper curse-characters after Diablo 2. I am waiting for her skeleton summon.
Isn't highest level spell in the witch book curse that cat wizard to stay as a cat forever?

Angthoron

Arcane
So guys, if Larian would make Original Sin 2, would you want the title to be:

1) Unoriginal Sin
2) Original Tan
3) Original Cos?

Because as we know, trigonometry jokes are hilarious

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Blargh, early part of the game was stupid easy and all of a sudden I'm getting fucking destroyed by every encounter outside of Cyseal.

This actually happened in the first game as well. Then when you managed to improve to not be 2 levels under monsters it became much easier and enjoyable. Basically they expected everyone to do quests in city.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

You must have a severely gimped party, then. I was steamrolling all enemies outside Cyseal on Normal with my Cleric (Men-at-Arms + Hydro), Wizard (Geo + Pyro + Aero), Witch (Witchcraft + Aero) and Rogue (Marksman), so I actually had to switch to Hard to maintain some challenge.

Edit: I was level 3 when I went outside, now I'm level 5.
Shadowblade, Cleric and the Warrior hireling, level 3. :M

I just kinda suck at tacticool combat in general so I can't say I'm surprised. My fault for being a member of the Skyrim generation. I'm still having fun.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Witch book is underwhelming, it's like playing Shadowrun with only boring debuffs. You'd think developers would learn how to make proper curse-characters after Diablo 2. I am waiting for her skeleton summon.
Isn't highest level spell in the witch book curse that cat wizard to stay as a cat forever?
I dunno, but beginning/mid game with a witch is not as fun as with elementalists

My waifu turns to fucking chaotic neutral. Romantic and totally heartless
And she insists I'd loot every house of everything up to last chair, and praises me when I do it

Weasel
Seems like you GOG people now can destroy the beta steam key at larianvault.com and get the GOG key!

Some interesting situations ahead for those given beta keys to try out the game... I wonder if evdk will ruthlessly destroy the beg auditor's 'beta key'....

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So guys, if Larian would make Original Sin 2, would you want the title to be:

1) Unoriginal Sin
2) Original Tan
3) Original Cos?

Because as we know, trigonometry jokes are hilarious

Original Sin: The Beginning of the Origin: The Prequel.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, help me out here with the murder quest - I just want to know what I should look for / where I should look next, I'm still in the look around and tlak to various possible suspects in Cyseal stage.

Found dagger & lovenote and confronted Esmeralda, who continues to protest her innocence. Found stolen corpse that is replaced with sheep. Talked to the dog. Checked the crime scene to find Source magic residues. I want to check out Evelyn but there is nothing to find in the shop, no option to talk to her about much, and can't get into her house.

Arkeus

Arcane
OK, help me out here with the murder quest - I just want to know what I should look for / where I should look next, I'm still in the look around and tlak to various possible suspects in Cyseal stage.

Found dagger & lovenote and confronted Esmeralda, who continues to protest her innocence. Found stolen corpse that is replaced with sheep. Talked to the dog. Checked the crime scene to find Source magic residues. I want to check out Evelyn but there is nothing to find in the shop, no option to talk to her about much, and can't get into her house.
Ok,
First, i already told you that you missed a book in Esmeralda's house.

Then, if you tell the captain about the body missing he'll tell you to check the mortuary- do that, read the journals, etc. It gives you multiple suspects. If you have pet pals, you can use clothing parts to disprove/prove the suspects.

About Evelyn, she is going to run away when you have confronted Esmeralda once you have the book (make sure to grab Evelyn's star stone/do her quest first, as after that it appears to be too late and i lost a star stone that way), and she is going to have left behind the key to her house.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom