Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
The game is stuttering for me. It auto detected ultra, and I should be able to run ultra smoothly (12 GB RAM, 2GB NVIDIA Card) but it isn't. I reduced it to High but it is still stuttering, although somewhat reduced. Easily playable, but v. annoying. Anyone know if it is an optimization issue? Strange part is the beta ran smoothly at ultra.

For me these issues went away when I turned off shadows. When they if/when they optimize that I will turn them on again.

Loriac

Arcane
One of the things for which I’ve silently been hoping since we started development on this game is that my wife and I would eventually be able to play new stories with unknown endings. I’ve seen other couples play our game and was slightly jealous of them having so much fun as they discovered Rivellon’s secrets.
Wife?
What happened to the girlfriends? :negative:
It was always girlfriend, singular, and they have married since (and have a son).

EDIT:
A no-brainer, seeing as the game has two player co-op, not three or more. ;)

maybe he prefers to have several games running concurrently, trying different builds on each

Stokowski

Arcane
Just finished the newb 'dungeon' and I am not impressed.

- Highlight key can't decide what shit to highlight.
- Highlight labels for small items are not accurately placed so you still have to pixel hunt, or click on label (!), to loot.
- Isometric but with a few degrees of wobble either way? - what a fucking pointless waste of effort that feature is. Either used a fixed camera and design your environments properly, or don't bother.
- Magical shit outnumbers 'mundane' tactical options. Why do I have a melee fighter when there's nothing for them to do or use?
- Apparently fire arrows set fire to poison. Poison. Poison is flammable. WTF?
- Stop putting interactable objects everywhere if there's no fucking point to the interaction. I'm too old for this time-wasting shit. Go fuck yourself with your empty barrels and vases.
- Portraits don't tally with models.

I really hope this gets better, after all the potatoes I spent on it. Else I fear the incline has been delayed.

Shadenuat

Arcane
hello i am josh sawyer let me tell you about my welsh words
You guys have any other arguments but welsh words and black italians? Because drawing inspiration from real world history and languages is not a thing unheard or worth bashing.

Apparently fire arrows set fire to poison. Poison. Poison is flammable. WTF?
Maybe it's poisonous gas. Man, it's cool stuff that makes spells interact with each other and works well when designing unique enemies. Have you played Magicka?

- Magical shit outnumbers 'mundane' tactical options.
You'll get more skills later. But yeah it seems that elemental schools are the Fun of game's combat system.

Arkeus

Arcane
So, huh- game question. I -think- i might be out of a star orb, as Evelyne ran away before i could meet her, and thus she didn't drop one. After i kill her, she drops a blood orb (i think?) but i guess this isn't "instead" of the star orb we would have gotten, just something she always drops? (also, i am not sure if i can use it as star orb at all).

Does this mean i screwed myself for not seeing the clinic early?

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
Just finished the newb 'dungeon' and I am not impressed.

- Highlight key can't decide what shit to highlight.
- Highlight labels for small items are not accurately placed so you still have to pixel hunt, or click on label (!), to loot.
- Isometric but with a few degrees of wobble either way? - what a fucking pointless waste of effort that feature is. Either used a fixed camera and design your environments properly, or don't bother.
- Magical shit outnumbers 'mundane' tactical options. Why do I have a melee fighter when there's nothing for them to do or use?
- Apparently fire arrows set fire to poison. Poison. Poison is flammable. WTF?
- Stop putting interactable objects everywhere if there's no fucking point to the interaction. I'm too old for this time-wasting shit. Go fuck yourself with your empty barrels and vases.
- Portraits don't tally with models.

I really hope this gets better, after all the potatoes I spent on it. Else I fear the incline has been delayed.

1. This is designed on purpose. It uses the perception ability.
2. Just click the label - or zoom in - what is wrong with that?
3. You can turn off the camera limitation in the game menu - but they say the art was not designed to be watched from all angles.
4. -
5. -
6. Then don't look in them. This is not diablo. Do you look in all barrels in the real world? No. then why are you looking in them in the game?
7. -

Shadenuat

Arcane
Shouldn't there be a "wind" scroll for that?
There actually is, a high level wind spell that removes most effects (Tornado).
But they could have added a gust of wind spell I guess. Fire is already powerful and versatile enough.

Nael

Arcane

I am actually giving you a hint with this banality. Check out the list of talents and you might figure it out...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
MicoSelva said:
Darth Roxor said:
And for the time being I fail to see how it's supposed to be so much worse than Ye Olde Y Draig Goch (SUCH CYMRU) with feathered italians.
I don't even know what that means.

precisely

Yeah, I meant your post, wise-ass. This time you have managed to out-gibberish my comprehension.
Also, I will take Sawyer's Dyr Glnafanthanhk'lfc over THED(ragon)A(ge)S(etting) or similar generic bullshit any time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Does Hard difficulty make enemies smarter?

google says it just gives mobs more hp and a penalty to hit for the player so I guess it's a No
bummer. adding more HPs won't help enemies who kill themselves walking around fire pits or rush into water by a dozen to get a lightning bolt

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
MicoSelva said:
Darth Roxor said:
And for the time being I fail to see how it's supposed to be so much worse than Ye Olde Y Draig Goch (SUCH CYMRU) with feathered italians.
I don't even know what that means.

precisely

Yeah, I meant your post, wise-ass. This time you have managed to out-gibberish my comprehension.
Also, I will take Sawyer's Dyr Glnafanthanhk'lfc over THED(ragon)A(ge)S(etting) or similar generic bullshit any time.
Using names that require you to change the keyboard layout to type doesn't make PE any less generic. Which is fine mind you, because generic is what they aimed for

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
PowerTorment said:
Then don't look in them. This is not diablo. Do you look in all barrels in the real world? No. then why are you looking in them in the game?
Are you retarded? Do you know what "interactivity" means?

I know it does *not* mean "Click on everything clickable". Maybe it is you that should look it up in a dictionary.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
-Zandalor's Trunks will now talk
-Fixed the repeating voice problem that drove everybody bananas
-Muted banter voices while in dialog or trade
-Fixed crash with open inventory/skill tree on level swap
-Removed Intro Movie loading jitter
-Disabled saving to Steam Cloud again because its size is too small for our save games. We are going to compress the save games first and then reactivate it.
-Fixed problem with UI and save games
-Fixed Silverglen bad script crash
-Fixed problems with preview window in editor
-Fixed problems with game not starting after changing main campaign data with editor

Good changes for a quick patch!

For long-term, I would like to see
1) automate and make the Editor a lot more user friendly NWN toolset-friendly.
2) fix thieving skills. sneak is super easy without even investing any points, while pickpocketing is useless at lower levels.
3) release some kind of manual or something?
4) move dialogue log away from combat log and put it in local chat instead.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is not diablo. Do you look in all barrels in the real world?
Yes. Yes I do.
:salute::lol:

I'm seriously getting pissed that I still can't play the game, because I only have the subpar GOG version, while the Steam owners play the patched game. What the fuck Larian!? At least provide patches that I can download from your site and install. You know, just like in the old days!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom