Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, turns out if you dismiss a henchman to the hall of heroes and re-hire her, she immediately gains enough exp to match the exact amount of exp that you currently have. I wish I'd known this earlier - and I wish this would happen immediately whenever you hire a henchman; the dismiss-only-to-hire-again trick is silly.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
it's p. lame how everyone is interested in trading anything. Not sure what the fishmonger will do with all those arrow shafts and crafting books

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Inventory could be a bit more fluid if clicking the portraits changed to the corresponding inventory/character sheet too.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Inventory could be a bit more fluid if clicking the portraits changed to the corresponding inventory/character sheet too.
This. And there should be a toggle to open both inventory screens at the same time, instead you have to select the character then open the inventory

Also there are a bunch of keybinds missing from the control menu, like for selecting characters

TheLostOne

Savant
The poison thing I never actually noticed, but yeah... What gives with poison being flammable?
Many poison gasses are flammable. Think of a large sewage tank. You'd pass out and die in one of those and the gasses sure as shit are flammable.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

Was thinking the same thing. In fact at first I assumed this had happened (because honestly why wouldn't it?) and was puzzled why things didn't look right!

Also: -Fixed the repeating voice problem that drove everybody bananas

:lol:

THANK YOU, LARIAN.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I believe you gotta put the food items in the pot and then place the pot on a fireplace.

TheLostOne

Savant
Not home right now, but p. sure it's a container that you open via "RADIAL CONTEXT MENU" and put your sizzle in. Then put on fire.

Perkel

Arcane
So... i am playing with two random personalities and it is way better than in any RPG that had companion talk. Seriously it feels like PnP and good one, without whinny loyal bitches working together.

I decided to drop shell into ocean my companion didn't agree... and well shell didn't return to sea. Now investing in charisma matters.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So, turns out if you dismiss a henchman to the hall of heroes and re-hire her, she immediately gains enough exp to match the exact amount of exp that you currently have. I wish I'd known this earlier - and I wish this would happen immediately whenever you hire a henchman; the dismiss-only-to-hire-again trick is silly.
Oh, that now would totally be my solution to crafting and where to get a free mule to invest points into

So... i am playing with two random personalities and it is way better than in any RPG that had companion talk. Seriously it feels like PnP and good one, without whinny loyal bitches working together.

I decided to drop shell into ocean my companion didn't agree... and well shell didn't return to sea. Now investing in charisma matters.
I started game anew just to see this. So far my waifu agrees with me though on hating all humans, loving animals and getting the loot
It's the pragmatic/romantic where we are in rivalry...

TheLostOne

Savant
Investing in CHA matters anyway since you have to RPS against NPCs occasionally too.

Edit:

I think them leveling is intended, not a trick.. IIRC they get the XP when you hire them, but the game doesn't actually level them as it should. When you dismiss and rehire it corrects the bug.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah, same thing happened to me and then DorkUnderdork gave us our KS backer code a few hours later so I restarted my game and forgot to choose AI for either of my characters. Is there any way to fix/change this after char-creation?

Visperas

Augur
To cook most shit you put the pot on a campfire to create a mobile something. In the mobile something or in the oven near the anvil, you can cook everything I know. Dough related in the oven, meat and supposedly fish in the mobile.

Internet

Scholar
I always looked at Divinity games' setting as a container that is just neutral enough so that Larian can fit whatever quirky ideas they come up into it. It works well for that goal.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. I just skip all the serious shit, like when the fucking random word generator imp or the More Boring Than Gandalf wizard comes in.

Perkel

Arcane

Yeah, same thing happened to me and then DorkUnderdork gave us our KS backer code a few hours later so I restarted my game and forgot to choose AI for either of my characters. Is there any way to fix/change this after char-creation?

I don't think so. Also this feature imo is not yet complete as game sometimes forgets that there is random personality and in some cases i need to talk with myself.

I hope larian will improve this aspect for OS2. Imagine having full party of personalities like in PnP. Also not only dual options but 3 or 4way options to deal with situation. Also interesting idea would be to create various end states for characters this way. For example due to actions in those conflicts characters creates its personality along way (leader type character later will have ending in which he will retire from adventuring and will become general in some army, dude who mostly did things out of compassion later after journey will be healer in some village and so on)
Also due to characters not being preset characters could have various behavior in journey, having rivaly between each other in group, romances, backstabing, random behavior like hoarding money and not letting you use it. All randomized without player involvement and not predictable like in every other RPG with companions.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
A full AI personality is just a (biowaresque) companion that you get from the start rather than recruit. Has anyone thought about it that way?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Blargh, early part of the game was stupid easy and all of a sudden I'm getting fucking destroyed by every encounter outside of Cyseal.

Lowering difficulty to Easy. :negative:

Tigranes

Arcane
Cyseal neighbourhood fights are really hard on Normal, I love it. I'm sure it'll get easier as we figure out the game, just like the dungeon below the first DivDiv town. Level 4 changed things with fire elemental and fireball for me, also finally buying some good magical gear.

Perkel

Arcane
A full AI personality is just a (biowaresque) companion that you get from the start rather than recruit. Has anyone thought about it that way?

Bioware-esque companion would be dude/chick without fucking backbone or free will. Slave to whatever player wants and more loyal than dog ready to fuck you on your slightest order.

Currently i am playing with random personalities and it really feels like good PnP. Situations don't work like i want from time to time and it keeps game interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom