Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity 2 (DE) already contains EN text??

Stauff

Liturgist
I posted English patch for 1.02.

The instruction is as follows:

1. Switch your game language to German using registry
2. Return original executables
3. Patch it to 1.02
4. Switch language back to 'English (US)'
5. Download, extract and copy over patched files from the link

Your saves will remain compatible.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Thanks. The only issue left for me with the game is having to click the mouse for each hit. It's like the difference between Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. It's making my finger numb.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Just starting this game. There are some odd performance issues (no, it's not my PC) and the screen simply goes dark if I turn it up to a certain resolution (1680*1050) but it's okay if lowered. So far, the translation is surprisingly good despite a few awkward bits here and there. Can't quite get over how they handle character animation, though; everyone twitches and gesticulates wildly all the time in conversations, so they all look spastic.

Exclamation marks over NPC heads are in. Lulz. Not sure I can even disable that, I'll see. Combat is... not great, but hopefully will improve when I gain a few more levels and have access to more abilities. The interface is rather horrible, and I can't help but feel that despite all the BLOOM MOTHERFUCKER HERE'S YOUR BLOOM (or perhaps because of it), the game was made with a low budget. Hello, Oblivion-esque graphics.

A user named cat

fizzelopeguss said:
This game is a Jaggy, stuttery piece of shit...There better be a fuckin' patch in the works.
I'm with you on that. I tried it out and no matter what settings I tested, the game just plays quite jerky and twitchy. Framerate is just fine near maxed out, but everything has this annoying unsmooth feeling. Not sure what the cause is but I hope they address it for the NA release.

dragonfk

Erudite
I hope that Germans will outperform themselves in beta testing the game.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Phantasmal said:
fizzelopeguss said:
This game is a Jaggy, stuttery piece of shit...There better be a fuckin' patch in the works.
I'm with you on that. I tried it out and no matter what settings I tested, the game just plays quite jerky and twitchy. Framerate is just fine near maxed out, but everything has this annoying unsmooth feeling. Not sure what the cause is but I hope they address it for the NA release.

I'm finding it unplayable, it's like...stuttering pauses in music, or *buffering* vid *buffering* eo

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I don't get stuttering gameplay, but if I so much as open my inventory, it pa..........uses and then opens.

Downloaded the actual English edition with voices and all that a couple days ago. Runs smooth like butter. Still had to force some AA, though. Jaggy edges all over the place.

More fulfilling experience with all the random stuff people say being voiced in my language instead of all silent.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Downloaded the actual English edition with voices and all that a couple days ago. Runs smooth like butter. Still had to force some AA, though. Jaggy edges all over the place.

How? i'm at 60fps most of the time and it's impossible to play, if your framerate below or at 30 hz?

And please tell me how you forced AA, i've gone through shitloads of nhancer profiles and AA settings and it's still jagged to fuck.

please.

fizzelopeguss said:

How? i'm at 60fps most of the time and it's impossible to play, if your framerate below or at 30 hz?

And please tell me how you forced AA, i've gone through shitloads of nhancer profiles and AA settings and it's still jagged to fuck.

please.

?

It's not anything complicated. Probably helps that I turn off shadows in almost every game I play (or at least turn them to low), because they're a huge drain on resources for little return in my eyes. Always allows me to bump up a few notches on textures, maybe turn on HDR and other junk. This game was even more forgiving, and allowed me to pretty much turn everything to its highest value and still the game ran easy and fluid. It's not the most advanced when it comes to visuals, afterall.

And using the old Nvidia control panel worked fine for me this time for forcing AA. For some reason it wouldn't work with the shortcut link, and *had* to be with the original .exe, but I've seen that happen before. This is using a 9600GT, so it's not like it's because of a super-card or anything.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
fizzelopeguss said:

please.

?

It's not anything complicated. Probably helps that I turn off shadows in almost every game I play (or at least turn them to low), because they're a huge drain on resources for little return in my eyes. Always allows me to bump up a few notches on textures, maybe turn on HDR and other junk. This game was even more forgiving, and allowed me to pretty much turn everything to its highest value and still the game ran easy and fluid. It's not the most advanced when it comes to visuals, afterall.

And using the old Nvidia control panel worked fine for me this time for forcing AA. For some reason it wouldn't work with the shortcut link, and *had* to be with the original .exe, but I've seen that happen before. This is using a 9600GT, so it's not like it's because of a super-card or anything.

Nah, it's something else, they fucked up the animations somehow, and the character skips around like it's feet aren't connected to the ground.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom