Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity 2 (DE) already contains EN text??

Phelot

Arcane
Raapys said:
Maybe a better weapon? Also, if you're currently dual-wielding, try just using one good weapon instead. Potions don't hurt either.

There's something really wierd about the game though. When I first started the game, I found much of the starting area rather difficult, including that Arben guy. Now that I started my second playthrough, it's somehow turned into a real breeze even though I'm not really doing anything differently. That is, I went for mage but I'm still taking out most enemies with my axe. While I had problems with Arben on my first playthrough, this time I took him out easily at level 2.

Does duel wielding lower your defense? I'm currently duel wielding and have a point in summon ghost and summon... that ghoul thing. Both of which get clipped by Arben in a matter of seconds. He can do like 30 damage in one hit on me.

Anyways, I loaded another save and am finishing up some other quests, maybe gain a few more levels.

Raapys

Arcane
I don't think it actually lowers defenses, but I dual-wielded the first time around and from what I can see a single weapon actually does more damage than two in the same period of time, until you get the dual-wielding skill up 2-3 points or so.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I want to play this game but not sure whether I want to wait for the English version. Not to mention I would have to have it shipped to North America as well because I like having hte box and goodies.

Its a good bet the North America version will be less buggy and better English Dialog?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Saxon1974 said:
Its a good bet the North America version will be less buggy and better English Dialog?

Most likely they'll have the time to hone out the bugs for the NA release, but the english dialogue is already written; they just need to record the english voice files.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Turisas said:
Saxon1974 said:

Most likely they'll have the time to hone out the bugs for the NA release, but the english dialogue is already written; they just need to record the english voice files.
English VO has already been recorded, because when I played Divinity 2 there were some occasional rags of English VO.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Ah so we don't have a proper english version yet just because they couldn't get an international publisher in time. Great.

Phelot

Arcane
I haven't heard any english. Is there something else that needs to be enabled? Not that I would since the German voices fit better.

The writing is surprisingly good in English. Very clear and well written.

Phelot

Arcane
11rrya1.jpg

aekzsx.jpg

296ddzk.jpg

I'm not in an area were I can talk to anyone, but these are some of the many books you can find just like in the first game. I was under the impression that this English translation would be choppy and barely sensible, but it seems pretty good. Pretty funny at times too.

Stauff

Liturgist
According to my knowledge there was no translation at all - the game was initially written in English. It was actually translated to German later

Saxon1974

Prophet
Hmmm....I usually turn off voice-overs because I usually dont like them......

I wonder how much shipping would be to NA....

I cant read German, does this say its going to be released August 8th?

Any idea if I can get it shipped to NA?

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_w?__mk ... Divinity+2

Does the map come with the regular version of only collectors? I would like the map and the soundtrack.....but not sure about for another 25$.

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
phelot said:
this English translation

Yeah, it's not a translation. The game was developed by a Belgian company, and most Belgian companies just use English instead of dealing with all the bilingual bullshit in their country.

Also, the game has a really, really shitty ending that the codex is going to loathe ("To be continued"), so you might just want to stop playing after you get your dragon form :?

Double Ogre

Scholar
Yeah, I've read some news that said that Divinity 3 has already been confirmed.

Phelot

Arcane
Maybe I shouldn't be using this thread for help...

Does anyone know what the fuck I'm suppose to do with Amdusias? I got the dragon scales, I got the phial of his blood, I got two of the priests keys. When I get to the altar of blood nothing happens, I can't select anything and the dragon wastes me in a matter of seconds.

If anyone has a solution I'd be grateful.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
You also need a book that has the spell to transform him back to human form. It'll be in the quest item category, just double-click it when you're near him (I think you get the book from the secret area in his chambers but don't quote me on that, it's been a day already so my memory's hazy :D).

Phelot

Arcane
Turisas said:
You also need a book that has the spell to transform him back to human form. It'll be in the quest item category, just double-click it when you're near him (I think you get the book from the secret area in his chambers but don't quote me on that, it's been a day already so my memory's hazy :D).

Thanks for the response... I can't seem to find any such book. It wasn't in his secret room, the only thing there is the phial of blood. I wonder if this is some sort of bug.

Andhaira

Arcane
Are the skill sets and advancements similar to the first game? Also do you start of with a seperate ability per class?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
phelot said:
Thanks for the response... I can't seem to find any such book. It wasn't in his secret room, the only thing there is the phial of blood. I wonder if this is some sort of bug.

Ah no, sorry, remember it now... It's in the library with the imp: Mindread him and then use the book cabinet nearby and pick the title he was thinking about. It'll reveal a secret area with a small chest that has the book you need.

AndhairaX said:
Are the skill sets and advancements similar to the first game? Also do you start of with a seperate ability per class?

Mostly new stuff, tho of course you'll have the staple RPG stuff like warrior whirlwind and mage magic missile. You get to pick one starter skill (melee, magic or ranged) and from there on you're free to put skill points wherever you want.

Phelot

Arcane
Really cool moral dilemma in this game:

Possible Spoiler of course:

When you get to Sentinel Island you have four "jobs" that need to be filled by 1 of 2 candidates each, so there's 8 all together. You're informed that whomever you do not choose dies.

I figured it'd be a classic good or evil type deal, but instead they're pretty normal people that don't even want to be in this predicament.

For the enchantment choice, you have one guy that is clearly better, but a bit arrogant and on the other hand you have a man and his wife who is desperately afraid of her husbands death. I chose him over the supposedly better one simply because they seemed so scared to die (aren't I a push over?)

The other choices are similar as well. The characters are well designed enough to make you feel sorry for them.

Phelot

Arcane
AndhairaX said:
How fun is the combat?

Eh... not that great. I suppose as fun as the first game though it's more choppy. There's some bugs too were you can lose sight of your target, but it's still fun. There's so much you can do especially when you get your Battle Tower. As lame as that sounds, it's actually really fun.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Does the game use level scaling?

When you have HDR on the game becomes very pixelated.

For some reason the frames per second in the caves was slower than outside.

I am running 1.01 since 1.02 doesn't allow english subtitles.

The animations seem to skip a lot of frames when NPC's are at a distance.

I'm not sure what to think about the game. I have been blazing through dialogues since I don't have the time to sit down and enjoy it. I'm still in the valley and I am wondering does the game open up after this? I looked at the map and it looks very mountainous. It looks like a maze. I hate the Risen island. It feels so small and so far Divinity 2 looks like this. I loved Gothic 3's center map. That was well made.

Does anyone have any performance tips? The lighting looks terrible in the game. Does that change with patch 1.02?

syllopsium

Educated
Machined Plate Man said:
I heard Beyond Divinity sucked balls. It's not even an RPG, right?
Well, it's got increasing stats, fighting and a plot. Whether it lets you role play is a different question.

Unfortunately the interface is a tad shite, the ability to change the 3D viewpoint can quickly become confusing and the initial dungeon is bloody annoying. Never bothered getting further than that when there's much better RPGs out there.

I liked Divine Divinity - true, the plot wasn't very special and the first part of the game was a bit dungeon heavy, but it had nicely over the top magic, varied locations and acceptable visuals. Fun diversion, certainly.

PK

Stauff

Liturgist
The game has been fixed both graphically and now English package has been fixed as well - get it here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WV1GFLM5.

Replying to question with choppy animation - yes it has been fixed.

As for inherent flaws of the game they are still there (if anyone consider them to be there at all).

P.S Gamecopyworld has a No-CD as well.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
What exactly did you post? I played the 1.02 German version with English patch for 1.01 and the German voices would not play, and it would crash after the beginning flight on the airship. The reason being that the English patch is for version 1.01.

I currently play the 1.01 German version with English 1.01 text patch. The game is ugly, but playable.

What exactly is it that you posted? Does it allow playing version 1.02 without crashing and with the English patch?

How do you use it? I don't want to ruin my installation by updating the game to 1.02.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom