Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity 2 (DE) already contains EN text??

Stauff

Liturgist
Can anyone with Divinity 2 confirm the following claim:

start>run>RegEdit>Larian Studios>Divinity 2... just change language to English and it will be completely with English language and voiceover.

Nedrah

Erudite
Stauff said:
Can anyone with Divinity 2 confirm the following claim:

start>run>RegEdit>Larian Studios>Divinity 2... just change language to English and it will be completely with English language and voiceover.

Bullshit. You'll get English text, but of course there's no way of knowing whether that's even complete. Definitely no voiceovers. In fact, you'll even have to disable the German voices, or it'll crash after the tutorial. Word has it, it's going to crash even with the voices disabled at some point, anyways.

So, no, I can not confirm that claim.

Nedrah

Erudite
As far as I know, it is. I have seen screenshots that seem to prove that at least the title screen is actually translated. Anyways, you will *not* be able to progress through the game, at some point it will hang.

bhlaab

Erudite
Why would you want to play the buggy german version anyway?

Stauff

Liturgist
Hey it's not THAT bad.. but some serious gfx issues, anyway

1. Get the unpacker http://www.sendspace.com/file/cu6bqm
2. Copy the unpacker to the gamedir\data\win32\packed and drag Dialogs.dv2 to it.
3. After it has unpacked "Sounds" and "Win32" folders,go to sounds\soundbanks\Win32 and rename German to English(US).
4. Get this http://www.123renamer.com/download.htm so that you don't have to rename everything by hand. Start the program and go to Win32\Characters\Dialogs and just replace everything that has German to English(US).
5. Then use the packer http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8uyez
6. Take the newly modified "Sounds" and "Win32" that you unpacked to C:\ (I did it this way) and create a new folder for them...for example c:\new and add them to that folder.
7. Then copy the packer to c:\ and start the command prompt(cmd) and add the line like this "dv2_pak.exe -a New\ Dialogs.dv2"
8. After that's done,copy the new Dialogs.Dv2 to gamedir\data\win32\packed replacing the original.
9. Start regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[KEYHERE](for me it was Wow6432NODE)\Larian Studios\Divinity2 and change "Language" to English(US)
10. Done.

bhlaab

Erudite
Stauff said:
Hey it's not THAT bad.. but some serious gfx issues, anyway

Yeah, but it's also not good enough of a game to not just wait :?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Machined Plate Man said:
I heard Beyond Divinity sucked balls. It's not even an RPG, right?

Let's just say DD was fun enough for a few playthroughs, and with BD I didn't get past the beginning.

Raapys

Arcane
The english text works great. No english voice-over, but like with Gothic I think this one fits German better; sort of improves the atmosphere. The only real bug I can think of is AA not working.

Really enjoying the game so far though, pleasantly surprised.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game doesn't even start here.

I mean, it starts, but after the story intro, the screen just goes black and does nothing. It doesn't even have the honesty to crash. The menu screen doesn't react to my mouse, sometimes, the options screen can't be quit, etc.
This is just really, really bad.
Seems like I'll not be able to play that game, at least not on this PC.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Germans think they have to translate everything.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, tried most of the tips, but unfortunately my problem doesn't fit any description exactly. All videos play fine... the game just doesn't go on after the first story trailer (so I don't even get to character creation).

I don't know.. on the other hand, it has something that has become unforgivable to me since my apprenticeship as game designer. You can't skip the videos.
No. Just no. Since the second apprenticeship as programmer started (~1 year ago), I can say how utterly easy it is to make videos skippable, so there isn't even a good excuse for that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I find it funny how some games have intros that aren't skippable when you first start the game but can be skipped the second time around.

Phelot

Arcane
Thanks Stauff for the instructions on how to get the english text.

Just started playing this and man it's pretty disappointing so far if only from a performance standpoint. Everything gets real choppy at times and things like water and fire looks like a .gif or something. My character jumps around at times too. Anyone have any solutions?

As far as the game goes, here are some impressions:

The beginning movie has some guy with gauntlets that look like they weigh 80 pounds each.

Seems like the Slayers are some generic multi-gender police force or something.

Big armor.

There are WoW like ! and ? over quest givers which is lame.

The writting seems to be decent. I think the non important NPCs are more interesting then most of the quest givers who tell me stories that sound generic and boring like something about a war of the Black Ring or some such. The non critical ones are pretty funny at times.

Mindread has so far only gotten me goofy little one liners (some of which are funny enough) but it seems like a cool concept especially since it costs XP.

It can be difficult targeting barrels and boxes to open them. Plus there's gold in them. Why is there always gold in them?

Combat hasn't been very fun, but partially because of the performance issues.

Nice house interiors, at least so far. Everything looks nicely designed.

All in all it might be good, though I'm probably gonna wait until some of these bugs get fixed.

Stauff

Liturgist
Water, fire, NPC movement is really choppy and it's not video card slowness. According to devs everybody 'liked it this way' is QA team on drugs or what ;) and it will be fixed in next patch.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, the barrels and boxes can be annoying, especially so since they way too often contain gold/potions/equipment, so you can't really ignore them either. And there's so damn many of them.

At any rate, now that I've finished it with my dual-wielding(awzum!!) fighter I'd have to say it really is a decent game. And long too, by today's standards. Though they seem to have left out the ending.

Phelot

Arcane
WTF am I suppose to do to kill this Arben Ghost? I'm level 4 and this shit kills me before I can even get a few hits in. Should I have not gone here yet or something?

1eyedking

Erudite
JarlFrank said:
I find it funny how some games have intros that aren't skippable when you first start the game but can be skipped the second time around.
HoMM 3 immediately came to mind. Enduring that first intro takes longer than the installation.

Is the game any good, BTW?

Phelot

Arcane
It has some nice qualities. It's actually rather difficult at times and requires some strategy which is nice. I've only been playing it for a few hours though. The skill and stat system is nearly identical to the first game, which I never thought was special, but whatever.

BTW, anyone with performance issues might want to turn off HDR. Not only does it make the game look much better (IMHO) but I noticed that a lot of the jittery movement lessened. It's still pretty bad, but I can at least play it now.

Another negative though: You can rob people right in front of them and they don't care.

EDIT: Yeah the cutscenes can't be skipped apparently. I tried to start a new game and had to watch the beginning movie again. No thanks.

Raapys

Arcane
phelot said:
WTF am I suppose to do to kill this Arben Ghost? I'm level 4 and this shit kills me before I can even get a few hits in. Should I have not gone here yet or something?

Maybe a better weapon? Also, if you're currently dual-wielding, try just using one good weapon instead. Potions don't hurt either.

There's something really wierd about the game though. When I first started the game, I found much of the starting area rather difficult, including that Arben guy. Now that I started my second playthrough, it's somehow turned into a real breeze even though I'm not really doing anything differently. That is, I went for mage but I'm still taking out most enemies with my axe. While I had problems with Arben on my first playthrough, this time I took him out easily at level 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom