Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Latelistener

Arcane
It takes almost 5gb of VRAM at 1080p, and textures still look like shit. Arkane outdone themselves this time.

177197_isJaXy6mb1_dishonored2_2016_11_044sh9.png

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Fallout 5 is already listed for the Void. But, idtech should go under vast improvements if they'll gonna use it next time.
Really bad choice for the Arkane to use it.
I hope they'll implement Vulkan in future releases. I thought this would come as standard for idtech.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Chances of me playing it on my laptop with 960m on 1650x900 on medium or low setting are getting worse. :M

DemonKing

Arcane
Good to hear it's already unlocked here in DownUnderLand...I'll give it a whirl tonight after the kids are in bed. Looks like a good thing I just upgraded to a 6GIG video card.

Would be nice if Tyranny were unlocked too when I get home - a true "Tyranny of Choice" dilemma.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
5GB of VRAM oh that's hilarious. Looks like they drank the NVIDIA kool aid and jacked up the requirements and didn't do the work to let it scale to multiple video cards.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
d_1920.png

Looks like we discovered why they're not sending review codes then. Fallout 4 sized disappointment incoming

Heretic

Cipher
So to get 60 fps you need a GTX 1070 or 1080, nothing less? I'm a fan of Arkane and their games, but this one will have to wait until I upgrade. Like others, I'm also not happy about the DRM.

Now I'm just waiting what "progressive messages" they incorporated after hiring that RPS writer, her other credentials being interactive fiction about "raw exploration of female sexuality that also includes some astute observations about male desire" and writing for Kotaku and The Guardian.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
I doubt it has anything to do with the engine's unsuitability. At the end of the day they got the game running on the primary platform, Playstation, at 30FPS. There's no reason that you couldn't get it running on far better video cards with the same settings at 60FPS, but obviously they haven't put the work in like DICE did with BF1.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I doubt it has anything to do with the engine's unsuitability. At the end of the day they got the game running on the primary platform, Playstation, at 30FPS. There's no reason that you couldn't get it running on far better video cards with the same settings at 60FPS, but obviously they haven't put the work in like DICE did with BF1.

I'd imagine it's more to do with a lack of overall time to fix these issues. Arkane is a much, much, much smaller team than DICE is and this is the first time they've worked with and released a game running on Id Tech/Void Engine.
One of the reasons the game doesn't run as well on pcs as it does on consoles is that on console you have a lot more tricks you can pull to get extra frames that developers cannot do on pc. You can code down to the metal on consoles, you can't on pc you have to go through a layer of software abstraction which is why console games run on lesser hardware and manage to look better over time. Plus, Arkane would've had the assistance of sony's ICE team who whenever a AAA studio has an issue with developing on the PS4 come into the studio and work on the issue for a solution. You can't get that with PC development sadly.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Looks like we discovered why they're not sending review codes then. Fallout 4 sized disappointment incoming

The game is great but it is hindered by performance. Wait for Vulkan update.

It's a DX11 game. Or rather, an OpenGL game using a DX11 wrapper.

Usual performance-enhancing magick you can try without harming visuals:

-Disable Gayrays and Volumetric Lighting (It's Nvidia GW gimmick that's even hurting NV performance)
-Disable TXAA (makes stuff only blurry)
-Disable HBAO+
-Notch everything down from Ultra to Very High. Use perhaps High for Shadows, then creep your way up.
-Disable mouse smoothing and mouse friction

If you use Geforce, make sure to
-Use latest 375.70 driver
-Go into NV panel Manage 3D settings, set "Maximum Pre-rendered Frames" to 1.

Now of course the Karnaca outside areas might still slump into stuttering, regardless what kind of settings or GFX raw-power you throw at it. That's because the level designers bit off a too large chunk of art complexity that the shitty engine can't handle. We'll probably have to wait for a game patch.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The performance sucks and it's because Denuvo.

What did I say... Avoid like plague, or if you really want to play it, wait for few patches, expansion, and sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom