Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
the outsider's voice was boring as shit

Siel

Arcane
Patron
AdopfC0.png

piratefags btfo

Latelistener

Arcane
What's Denuvo? The new Securom/Starforce?
Worse. It's a former VMProtect, from the creators of SecuROM.
Basically, you run a game inside a virtual machine, which obfuscates the code, and makes it impossible to crack. Obviously, at the cost of performance.

DeepOcean

Arcane
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...-speeds-up-efforts-against-denuvo-protection/
CPY claims to have cracked Denuvo on Deus Ex Mankind Divided too, dunno if it is true, don't use pirate games often. It seems every Denuvo game has its own triggers but once you know how the process works, it is just a matter of locating the problematic code and disabling the triggers, the process could be done much quicker than it took to break Denuvo unless Denuvo completely changes its achitecture for every game but that maybe be a bit too costly for them.

While I think the effect of Denuvo on performance is greatly exagerated as I played Minkind Divided on ultra on my coal powered junk and had no problems, the effort into cracking those DRM is commendable, it is an abuse that Microsoft could do what it did with all those games that used securom DRM, those companies have zero interest on keeping the games YOU paid with your money working, they don't deserve to be trusted. It would be pretty shameful for Denuvo if one week later there are Dishonored 2 copies flowing around, I will D1P it anyway but DRM needs to die.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Whats the problem with Denuvo? I have none with games with denuvo.

A horse of course

Billy "TrannyDestroyer" Lush

Wait, what?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5aqqnt/new_dishonored_2_book_of_karnaca_trailer/

I just need to make quick mention of this. I don't hate trans people. I don't hate any "peoples". my gamer tags for the longest time were trannydestroyer. I didn't think about how hurtful it was. I use to play video games with my friends who are part of the LBGTQ community and it was never an issue. it wasn't an issue because they knew me and they knew I was just being a jack ass. obviously i don't have that luxury over the internet but please know i never meant to hurt anyone. there is enough hurt and pain in this world and i am upset with myself for adding to it in any way. I have since changed my gamer tags and as soon as this Dishonored stuff has lost interest i will cancel my account (because you can't change your reddit name) yes... it was a very stupid and thoughtless choice. I never said anything in private because I have no negative things to say.

:selfhate:

Latelistener

Arcane
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...-speeds-up-efforts-against-denuvo-protection/
CPY claims to have cracked Denuvo on Deus Ex Mankind Divided too, dunno if it is true, don't use pirate games often. It seems every Denuvo game has its own triggers but once you know how the process works, it is just a matter of locating the problematic code and disabling the triggers, the process could be done much quicker than it took to break Denuvo unless Denuvo completely changes its achitecture for every game but that maybe be a bit too costly for them.

While I think the effect of Denuvo on performance is greatly exagerated as I played Minkind Divided on ultra on my coal powered junk and had no problems, the effort into cracking those DRM is commendable, it is an abuse that Microsoft could do what it did with all those games that used securom DRM, those companies have zero interest on keeping the games YOU paid with your money working, they don't deserve to be trusted. It would be pretty shameful for Denuvo if one week later there are Dishonored 2 copies flowing around, I will D1P it anyway but DRM needs to die.
Pirates so far were only able to bypass it, which means "cracked" games are still using Denuvo.
Unless they will find a way to completely remove it, there is no point discussing it. Personally I have no problems with buying games, but I will never support that kind of crap.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
wait, what is this with 5 different PC activation limit? the hell?
Do you remember Bioshock at release? It had 5 activation limits as well. And people yelled loudly because console pirates had it now without worrying about copy protection and enjoyed it without hassle and without paying a dime.

DeepOcean

Arcane
wait, what is this with 5 different PC activation limit? the hell?
Why would you need to activate your game on 10 pc's ?
Until you realize your motherboard fried and you needed to buy a new one, that is a new activation, your graphics card went bust, that is another activation, you needed to reinstall windows, that is another activation... besides, if they are renting you a video game they shoud charge you a renting price not the full price game. Publishers are fucking scumbags.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom