Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did you play or buy Diablo 3?

Did you play or buy Diablo 3?

• Total voters

Marsal

Arcane
Surely 17 people didn't make a 170+ page thread by themselves.:rpgcodex:
It's still early, people are shy. It'll climb to 50 soon enough.

Art Vandelay

Prophet
Seems like Blizzard really is "setting sail for fail"... or ,maybe , this is all just a filler untill their unanounced secret project is released.
hope_is_the_fuel_for_the_naive_and_stupid_tshirts-r653d48928aa040da8541afb8a81a2d65_f0czj_400.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Same as everyone played many hours i admit it, but not too satisfied of it , i am not giving any more money to blizzard either. The good thing is i got my game reimbursed by selling items. Hopefully guildwars 2 will make me forget it , if only i could just connect to the servers...

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
i am thoroughly disappointed in this game, it is nothing compared to D2/D1

Shadenuat

Arcane
Eh, I passed on that one, even did't play the beta. I'm sick of "online-only" "single-player" games, of grinding, of flashy effects, of LARGE PAULDRONS, of stability issues with servers and all that crap. There are better things to spend 100 hours on.

wesleyclark

Augur
No beta, no purchase, no non-removal from inventory. Did purchase and extensively play D1/2 + XPs. Probably contributed to my RSI.

I won't say I never will, though. Who knows? Perhaps after a year of patching/expanding single-player will be deemed decent and I'll try the Complete version. I don't do social gaming, so will never care how the multiplayer aspect evolves.

Clotstein

Augur
Heh, I've never completed Diablo 1, the mindless grind just gets old really fast for me. Even that one, i just sampled it. So no, never gave D3 a second glance after watching the trailers.
I did enjoy the butthurt, though. A friend of mine even bought it(massive blizzard fanboy, super hyped about MoP), so i had a first row seat.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Surely 17 people didn't make a 170+ page thread by themselves.:rpgcodex:
Well half of that was debating with gaudaost about the game or listening to his ramblings how good it is. He propably could have created 170+ pages of D3 praise by himself.

flushfire

Augur
Yes. made around 3k in the couple months i had it running in the background so it wasn't too bad.

circ

Arcane
Well to be fair, I'm no Blizzard fan, initially because they don't seem to have a single original bone in their collective bodies. Did not play SC2, WC3, D2/3. Played WC1 and 2, seemed decent if repetitive. SC1 had interesting VO, repetitive repeat. That got mostly played by an ex-bf of my sisters at the time, broke 2-3 mice and keyboards. D1 - did not see the appeal, but tried it out.

flushfire

Augur
there really isn't much to it: you can either farm and sell what you get or like what i did buy and sell at GAH so you don't run out of gold then buy some popular items from the GAH, sell at RMAH. a couple months ago you could make a hundred a day easily as long as you knew what sold well but now it's really not worth the effort IMO. back when i was still logging on (before patch 1.04) i barely made $10 a day. i heard its worse now so yeah, it may be too late. or i just needed to put more time into it which i couldn't.

MapMan

Arcane
Yes, I bought it. I had quite the fun playing it, mostly on the first playthrough (playing it solo). Then I played a bit coop with friends and it was fun as well. I reached like lvl 58 and gave up on it. I lost any incetive to play it. It got boring faster than I (anyone) thought.

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played Diablo 1 and 2, and I only liked them because of the LAN co-op feature. Single player would have been deathly dull. They removed the only feature that made me play the early games, and since I refuse to pay $120 for two games to run simultaneously on my own two computers, I haven't nor will I play Diablo 3.

No & no.

Enjoyed Diablo/2 for the atmosphere 'n' dungeon crawling.

Was clearly not the target audience for number 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom