Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did you play or buy Diablo 3?

Did you play or buy Diablo 3?

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
I didn't bother even with the beta of this piece of shit. Alas I didn't even like the demo of the first Diablo I once played. When I want to play a CRPG for the combat, loot and procedurally generated content, I play roguelikes.

:obviously:

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Bought it, put about 80 hours into it, enjoyed it a great deal but it won't be competing for a place on my list of all time favorites. I'll probably come back to it and create a new character when I get bored with my other games. For now though I'm a bit burned out on D3 and haven't checked out the most recent patch.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
All this proves is the Codex is full of liars... but that was already well known. :)

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
No, Diablo 2 didn't give me enough of an interest to buy Diablo 3. Neither have the videos of the game.

kentable

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Bought it on pre-order for about $43 so at least I lost less money than the rubes who paid full price. Played about 40 hours then went back to PoE. Way to suck the joy out of the series Blizz. Sucking harder than Max Payne 3 sayis a lot. Preordered TL2 as penance.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, gave me way more enjoyment than my 3 hours with Mass Effect, and I'll probably dip my toes in it again as it gets patched / xpacked.

Pity about the shit that is AH.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Played, but couldn't even get to act 2. Such an intensely boring game.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Didn't buy it, but I'm currently in the process of figuring out how to make an emulated server. The game might suck, but I'm bored enough to play it through solo.

Tried it at a friends place. Seemed really shallow and BSB. I'd reckon if I bought it I'd get bored really quickly. All the fun stuff about D2 seemed to have been stripped away and replaced with boring shit. If it ever makes trash bin sales in a number of years I might get a copy. Might.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Did not buy it. Did not play Beta. Realised it would be garbage with the WoW beta team in charge. Have had plenty of entertainment from following it though. Best money I never spent.

Cynic

Arcane
Bought it, played it, liked it for a bit. Combat is genuinely fun. Loot is genuinely shit. Which ruins the game completely. Haven't been bothered to try since the latest patch got released, honestly not sure if I ever will, simply got better things to do with my time.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You know... those reviews don't write themselves from thin air. :oops:

Corvinus

Arcane
I played it with a friend, of course in hardcore mode, but the game was too edgy and next-gen. My barbarian finally met his doom on Hell difficulty, and then we quit playing. Seriously, the game is a colourful piece of shit, and I would not recommend it to anyone. If one desires mindless slaughter, you are better off playing Diablo 2.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Put some 60 hours with a monk into it and made it into Hell difficulty. Nice game, but now I'm fed up with it and likely won't buy anything Diablo and Starcraft related anymore. Fool me once (Starcraft 2) and I can forgive, fool me twice (Diablo 3) and I know something stinks at Blizzard.

Misconnected

Savant
Didn't try the beta, but did buy the game on day 1. Couldn't play the first week due to intensive server fail. Sunk maybe 2*3 hours into it once the servers started working, trying very hard to like it. Unfortunately it was slightly less entertaining than watching paint dry, and I've been unable to convince myself to waste more time on it. I'm not sure if it would have helped, but I suspect Diablo 3 and I would have meshed better if it hadn't forced me to start on Retarded Torso-boy difficulty.

Very pretty, though. Love how it almost manages to look like 2D watercolours. When Diablo 4 comes out I just might hang a screeny on the wall. However, I very seriously doubt I'll buy anything called Diablo again.

FWIW I've enjoyed pretty much every other Blizzard game, StarCraft 2 included.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Surely 17 people didn't make a 170+ page thread by themselves.:rpgcodex:

Revenant

Played the starter (demo) version, so it counts. Lol, and then when I later tried to check my Battle.net account, I couldn't log in because my account was "closed because of suspicious activity." The account probably got hacked, and good riddance, now I won't ever be able to touch that shit of a game again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom