Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Diablo Creator David Brevik Discusses Diablo 3 at IncGamers

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Wow, that's pretty fucked up, unprofessional, and totally uncalled for. David Brevik should definitely sue them for defamation of character.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Wow...that Facebook page has me ANGRY. I'm surprised how emotional I am about it.

I actually hate Jay Wilson more than Bobby Kotick right now. I mean I've got serious internet tough guy rage happening here. :mad:
At first I was kind of angry about it too, but then I just found it funny once I realized how fast it had gone viral and how stupid they made both themselves and Blizzard—the executives of which I doubt are very happy with them right now—look in front a very wide audience.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Im going to vote Diablo 3 for the game of the year, I didnt buy it yet it provided me with more entertainment then any other game this year.

DraQ

Arcane
Blizzard has really good marketing, to sell this for so many copies.
Well, Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were pretty good ads.

Copypasta:

Regardless of the design decisions, David Brevik took the time to explain himself and his stance on the game's issues, and the director of Diablo III lost his cool, instead acting very unprofessionally with that emotional outburst.

I don't know how things are at Blizzard right now but regardless, I think it shows a fundamental lack of respect towards both players and peers, and as someone involved in game design, to have that sort of closed-minded "I'm right, you're wrong, end of story" attitude is a very negative trait.

To be frank, after looking at the comments by developers and of course playing the game itself, the flaws in the game do not surprise me in the least. That elitist attitude, especially the "our game sold more than yours, nyah-nyah" reaction, really says a lot about the dev team.

Also: they're immature, butthurt dickweeds.
Well, they make us here look like cultured, mature individuals.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Wow someone who worked on D3 not pitching a hissy fit about the whole thing, in that original facebook comment thread. Not sure whether 16 hours ago is before or after the story really broke though, so how sincere it is vs. just trying to look good is questionable.

Peet Cooper said:
He doesn't say anything bad. 'Different people' would have made the game 'differently'. No shit. Why is this being viewed as so negative?

A few posts follow, people telling him he's wrong and Brevik is just a big meanie (some of them have been deleted though).

Peet Cooper said:
I agree with you both. But he never said we made a bad game. Just a different one than what he would have made. I worked on the game for 5 years and I would not be offended (or surprised) if one of the original D1 or D2 artists said we did not 'understand' the artistic direction of the franchise. We made drastic changes to many aspects of the game, so its inevitable that some will love it and other will hate it. This happens every time a new team works on an old franchise.
Obviously, he's still trying to defend D3, but I can't blame him for that after working on it, even if it's disappointing. However, at least he isn't displaying legendary level 999 butthurt.

made

Arcane
Haha, what a PR nightmare. I hope this bites them in the ass and they only sell 8mil copies of their next game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were pretty good ads.

And probably half of he games labeled as "sold" are the ones that were given "freely" to the wowtards that bought the expansion.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Massive autists working for Blizzard. :incline:
Jay-Wilson.jpeg

Marsal

Arcane
To be fair to the fat loser, he only worked on Diablo 3 for about 5 years, IIRC.

Unwanted

Unwanted
Wow, that's pretty fucked up, unprofessional, and totally uncalled for. David Brevik should definitely sue them for defamation of character.

Your honor he said, I quote: "fuck that loser" in facebook comment.
I think we know how that'll turn out in court.

Unwanted

Unwanted
Well, they make us here look like cultured, mature individuals.
Lets not give this community too much credit, they were trading barbed insults among frriends, i certainly would not hold back if i were verbally responding to that crticism. His only mistake was doing it over facebook.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Your honor he said, I quote: "fuck that loser" in facebook comment.
I think we know how that'll turn out in court.
He's talking about the Blizzard PR guy on facebook, "a guy you never met, who made a good game once upon a time, and since has produce nothing but fecal matter".

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What do you expect them to say besides reply with a token excuse message? I'd be surprised if they say anything at all.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Marvel Heroes team using Jay Wilson's gaffe to score some free PR http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...vik-after-diablo-3-designer-says-f-that-loser

Response from Brevik later today

"We admire Blizzard and Blizzard games," Olebe said. "David was asked about Diablo 3 and gave his honest opinion and we stand by him 100 per cent. Marvel Heroes is David's vision and is the spiritual successor to Diablo 2.
"We'll be in closed beta soon, so visit MarvelHeroes.com if you want to check it out."

:lol: This shit could make Pete Hines blush.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
"Dear peepz. We told our BROs who work here to stop treating shit on facebook as if it's private. 'Cause teh intarwebz haz stalkers, k"

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
What do you expect them to say besides reply with a token excuse message? I'd be surprised if they say anything at all.

They will have to respond, either by firing the offenders or by apologizing for them, though I would love the latter one.

How do you apologize for calling the creator of Diablo franchise a loser? Diablo is one of the three franchises that Blizzard owns. Diablo one and two is actually what made Blizzard the most successful game developer. I would love to hear the wording. It's like to hear member of US senate calling founding fathers fucking losers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom