Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Diablo Creator David Brevik Discusses Diablo 3 at IncGamers

Still, had some great ideias and was a unpolished bold move, not 10 years & unlimited money to make a weak AAA shit that doesn't even get the basics right.

Blizzard has really good marketing, to sell this for so many copies.

Are you nuts? They could have put turd and slap Diablo 3 sticker on it and say it's a Diablo game and it would sell many copies. People waited for this game for more than 10 years.

The designers at Blizzard have become incompetent. Like BioWare, they suffer from talent leaving their studio and starting their own things. I don't know when this started to become a big problem, but probably around the time North was shut down. Poor design in many areas has been painfully obvious in the latest WoW expansions, Diablo 3 and even the upcoming SC2 expansion. Their reputation of having a "it's done when it's done" quality assurance approach have gone down the shitter.

This could easily be avoided if the media would promptly bitch slap them when they start to fuck things up. Instead they get blowjobs.

Turjan

Arcane
To be frank, after looking at the comments by developers and of course playing the game itself, the flaws in the game do not surprise me in the least. That elitist attitude, especially the "our game sold more than yours, nyah-nyah" reaction, really says a lot about the dev team.
Indeed. How else can the "loser" comment be interpreted? Maybe, raking in that much money was really worth ruining the franchise for them.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What magnificent times we live in. Brevik seems to have pulled off one of the greatest troll attempts in the history of internets.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
This could easily be avoided if the media would promptly bitch slap them when they start to fuck things up. Instead they get blowjobs.
I don't think there were any reviews before the game was out, all we had to go on was the beta, which was very limited in scope and didn't allow anyone to pick up on the shitty loot and lack of endgame. Mechanically the game itself feels good, clicking to kill things and all, so it's not surprising it sold as well as it did.
The fact that reviews were shoddy is inexcusable though, reminds me of the 94/100 score in PC Gamer's Dragon Age 2 review...

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't think there were any reviews before the game was out, all we had to go on was the beta, which was very limited in scope and didn't allow anyone to pick up on the shitty loot and lack of endgame. Mechanically the game itself feels good, clicking to kill things and all, so it's not surprising it sold as well as it did.
The fact that reviews were shoddy is inexcusable though, reminds me of the 94/100 score in PC Gamer's Dragon Age 2 review...

Just say it straight.
They were offered either money (usually via more advertising, or via "goods" like good hotel or expensive gifts).

Its not just D3, its how the Industry works. Cant blame them. Reviewers earn little money themselves, though its usually students who earn some money, not professionals who dedicate themselves (they exist in video game reviewing? probably few, at best).

So paid reviews are inevitable. I wonder what kind of naive soul trusts them.

Kapitalizm (c) A. Shwarznegger, Red heat

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I hope "fuck that loser" will become an eternal meme. Something to bite Blizzard in the ass everywhere they go. Blizzcon etc.
DoFOr.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
2s99ixw.png

says the guy who sold his principles to Flagship for swag and a night on the town. M:

I'm talking about the overall decline in quality, not limited to a specific game. And plenty of sites were giving blowjobs with their attempts to whitewash always online DRM, RMAH, no character builds as "good" things.

Cynic

Arcane
Oh man, this shit is gold! The butthurt that Jay Wilson and the entire D3 team are feeling come through in all that shit so clearly.

Micmu

Magister
I N T E R N E T D R A M A

Also, I predict that "fuck that loser" will be a popular meme here for the next 5 years or so. :)

Didn't Rex continue to defend HGL even after it was out and became obvious even to fanboys it's pure crap? So he's rooting for D3 guys, now, eh? His flip-flopping truly is legendary.

Marsal

Arcane
Also, I predict that "fuck that loser" will be a popular meme here for the next 5 years or so. :)
It will get old fast. I'm harvesting brofists while it's still fresh.

Didn't Rex continue to defend HGL even after it was out and became obvious even to fanboys it's pure crap? So he's rooting for D3 guys, now, eh? His flip-flopping truly is legendary.
I think he even had his own HG fansite. Fuck that loser. :smug:

Gregz

Arcane
Wow...that Facebook page has me ANGRY. I'm surprised how emotional I am about it.

I actually hate Jay Wilson more than Bobby Kotick right now. I mean I've got serious internet tough guy rage happening here. :mad:

*breathes*

Hopefully PoE or equivalent blows these douches out of the water ASAP.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Jay Wilson is the Todd Howard of Blizzard.

Only he's not just stupid, but also hostile (see the Diablo 3 rainbow t-shirts mocking the 60000+ people who signed the petition for non-shit color scheme... and the secret level of course).

Bulba

Learned
This staff is more fun the the game itself... I hope this is not the end

FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom