Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
Didn't know this is a thing: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ankind-divided-will-feature-eye-tracking.aspx

The PC Version Of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Feature Eye Tracking

Developer Eidos Montreal announced today it's partnering with the the eye tracking company Tobii to bring eye tracking features to the upcoming PC version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The two will release an eye tracking bundle alongside the game's launch on August 23.

The inclusion of eye tracking is meant to "provide PC gamers an extra layer of immersion that blends perfectly with the futuristic universe depicted in Deus Ex," according to Eidos' executive brand director, André Vu. A full list of upcoming features can be found below:
  • Aim At Gaze – Players will be able to aim at a target using their eyes, rather than the camera.
7Dh0kKZ.png

Finally.

J1M

Arcane
Game shills: "We want games to be taken seriously as an art form, and tackle mature, difficult topics."

Game goes near doing so, albeit probably poorly: "Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh, baby upset, you bad, waaaaaaaahhhhhhh, me piss mesen, only me should talk about this, waaaaaaaahhhhhhh, you poopy heads!"

Every time without fucking fail, imagine if Ultimas were made nowadays, they'd fucking spit their dummies into low orbit.
Why the assumption that it will approach the subjects poorly? The other 3 Deus Ex games do a decent job of exploring interesting issues.

It's like you had a point, but were afraid to be right so you softened your argument needlessly.

T. Reich

Arcane
Didn't know this is a thing: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ankind-divided-will-feature-eye-tracking.aspx

The PC Version Of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Feature Eye Tracking

Developer Eidos Montreal announced today it's partnering with the the eye tracking company Tobii to bring eye tracking features to the upcoming PC version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The two will release an eye tracking bundle alongside the game's launch on August 23.

The inclusion of eye tracking is meant to "provide PC gamers an extra layer of immersion that blends perfectly with the futuristic universe depicted in Deus Ex," according to Eidos' executive brand director, André Vu. A full list of upcoming features can be found below:
  • Aim At Gaze – Players will be able to aim at a target using their eyes, rather than the camera.
7Dh0kKZ.png

Finally.
Also, I can't believe no-one referenced this one:
34059805.jpg

Vae

Novice
Such a thing will only be a gimmick...as opposed to the future implementation of gaze tracking/interaction, to be found on next-gen VR headsets.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Why the assumption that it will approach the subjects poorly? The other 3 Deus Ex games do a decent job of exploring interesting issues.

It's like you had a point, but were afraid to be right so you softened your argument needlessly.

Adverts so far have seemed a bit too heavy handed an cliche, so i'm left wi impression it might not be as daring as it could be.

Mozg

Arcane
I read someone saying that as soon as the game starts they bring back the pseudo- Alex Jones guy on the radio from HR whose schtick is to say Davos-Soros THE ILLUMINATI HAVE CREATED BLACK AUG LIVES MATTER TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER and in Deus Ex there really is an Illuminati. And I'm not talking CFR alumni here, Illuminati is what these guys put on their business cards. In HR there was never a time you were supposed to take aug/purity arguments seriously even as the character, much less the player.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.deusex.com/news/DXMD-PC-system-specifications

Road to Release
2016-08-11 @ 13:08

Adam Jensen is on his way back, with now less than two weeks before the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided! Here are a few bits of information to get you ready.

PC System Specifications

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7.1 SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
HDD/SSD: 45 GB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
HDD/SSD: 55GB (Including DLC)

On Steam, preloading will begin on Friday, August 19th at 09:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST.
On PlayStation 4, preloading will being on Sunday, August 21st at midnight local time.
If you are on Xbox One, preloading is already available.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
16GB RAM? dafuq :/ What's with these insane ram reqs these days?

Shut up it's been like this for two years at least now.

Only unoptimized shit games. Literally 95 % of the newer games I play, don't require anything near 8GB as recommended. So, 16 gb is just bullshit. Doom 4 had this too, and had memory leaks and all kinds of stupid unoptimized shit too.

So whatever. It will probably run just fine with 8gb ddr4 anyway

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Those sys requirements... Core i7? GTX 970? 16 ram?

From the videos the game looks barely a step above the previous one, and that ran on a toaster.
Latest was a port from the previous console generation. This one runs on the new console generation, and is apparently not a very good port(or performance on consoles will be shit).

But yeah, them levels had better be HUGE to justify that 16GB ram. Nothing seen so far justifies graphics card requirement though, as far as I can tell.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Runs or runs well? Because I find it hard to believe for 2016 games. I went up to 8gb last year because I was feeling the crunch on 4.

Bahamut

Arcane
Runs or runs well? Because I find it hard to believe for 2016 games. I went up to 8gb last year because I was feeling the crunch on 4.

Yea its borky sometimes but playable so far only games unplayable for me so far where Arkham Knight that is extreme example of shit port, and ARK Survival, played Witcher 3 recenly on very high/ultra and it ran mostly fine with some choppines in Novigrad

Tough i would welcome additional 8gb of ram, but my mobo is some ancient pos that supports ddr3 experimentally, i dont bother to upgrade because im on this pc like 4 times a year

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
As someone who enjoyed the Deus EX:HR for what it was and didn't follow the development of the new game at all, is this still interesting to me? Or did they even further "casualize" it?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
As someone who enjoyed the Deus EX:HR for what it was and didn't follow the development of the new game at all, is this still interesting to me? Or did they even further "casualize" it?
Seems to be more of the same.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned

It looks like a logical extension of DX HR. With better hair on Adam this time thank god.

But this time they dont bother with making proper port from consoles. Hence requirements.

Possibly, but requirements lists are often bullshit so best to wait for actual evidence before throwing it under a bus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom