Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

imweasel

Now that is what I call a super shitty TV spot.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why are you even posting this shit in this thread, Inshilitron?

Nobody gives a shit, we know they're all shit.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
So, according to a Deus Ex developer, the Augs Lives Matters concept came from before the movement, which makes sense since most concept art of that detail and quality would have been produced in 2012/13 for it to actually have an impact on the game.

Ash

Arcane
http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/3/12368210/deus-ex-mankind-divided-augs-lives-matter-controversy

Makes sense if true, but I guess we'll never know. What we do know is it has boosted exposure to the game as these stupid controversies always do.

@GeneralVu The fact that you went forward with posting the image & not realizing the optics/meaning of that image to people is incompetent

— Manveer Heir (@manveerheir) August 3, 2016

No it isn't. They knew what they were doing. It's competent marketing and social justice warrior manipulation that generates a lot of clicks.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Game shills: "We want games to be taken seriously as an art form, and tackle mature, difficult topics."

Game goes near doing so, albeit probably poorly: "Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh, baby upset, you bad, waaaaaaaahhhhhhh, me piss mesen, only me should talk about this, waaaaaaaahhhhhhh, you poopy heads!"

Every time without fucking fail, imagine if Ultimas were made nowadays, they'd fucking spit their dummies into low orbit.

Ash

Arcane
"It’s a form of art, the people outside don’t think it’s art; it’s just 'stupid games,'" he said. "We’re fighting against those people. And then when we’re dealing with serious subjects suddenly we’re treated as little kids that are just doing video games again."

How about you have a word with the designers and tell them to not make the game intentionally dumb(er than the ancient original) before speaking of artistic integrity. It is "just stupid games" when they are designed to be stupid, believe it or not. Also if you give a shit what those people think then you deserve their scorn. You're trying to prove your worth to people that don't even give the medium a second glance before jumping to conclusions. Those types of people will probably naturally die out in a generation or two anyway.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Aye never mind art an issues, just make a better game should be mantra I reckon. Admittedly hard to do when it comes to Deus Ex but after fifteen years...

grimace

Arcane
Every time without fucking fail, imagine if Ultimas were made nowadays, they'd fucking spit their dummies into low orbit.

The Ultimate RPG Shroud of the Avatar continues development. Zero funds are going towards marketing. See Blood Reliquaries on eBay articles.

Deus Ex and Ultima 9 were released around the same time. Compare Square Enix now to EA then.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, I can understand if someone finds that cover-based, vent-crawling simulator whose main mechanism is eating energy bars so you can punch people in awesome-button sequences a bit underwhelming.

Jazz_

Arcane
Trying too hard.

Maybe it's a case of nostalgia googles as I have not touched IW again since the day it came out but I vividly remember having fun playing Deus Ex IW back in the days and actually being immersed in the story, it felt like a Deus Ex game to me, the plot, writing, C&C emphasis etc; you could tell it was made by the same people who made Deus Ex (Pacotti, Spector, etc). I can't say the same thing about Deus Ex HR, it felt...generic, like everything felt like a boring deja-vu of things I had already seen in other fps and the writing/story didn't do anything for me either.

grimace

Arcane
Well, I can understand if someone finds that cover-based, vent-crawling simulator whose main mechanism is eating energy bars so you can punch people in awesome-button sequences a bit underwhelming.

Metal Gear series?

I want to play Mankind Divided immediately but history tells me a ultimate game of the year director's cut for 50% off is only months away.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D1P whores, heads up. 25% off @ GMG.

FdO1Hll.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Didn't know this is a thing: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ankind-divided-will-feature-eye-tracking.aspx

The PC Version Of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Feature Eye Tracking

Developer Eidos Montreal announced today it's partnering with the the eye tracking company Tobii to bring eye tracking features to the upcoming PC version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The two will release an eye tracking bundle alongside the game's launch on August 23.

The inclusion of eye tracking is meant to "provide PC gamers an extra layer of immersion that blends perfectly with the futuristic universe depicted in Deus Ex," according to Eidos' executive brand director, André Vu. A full list of upcoming features can be found below:
  • Aim At Gaze – Players will be able to aim at a target using their eyes, rather than the camera.
  • Extended View – The camera will pan when a player looks towards the edges of the screen. This will give players a wider field of view and control over what they see.
  • Icarus Dash At Gaze – This feature controls which direction protagonist Adam Jensen moves in, allowing players to "use the controls in a more fluid manner."
  • Interact At Gaze – Players need only to look at an object in the environment they want to look at, press a button, and Jensen will move toward it automatically to interact with it.
  • Clean UI – Using the eye tracking, the game's HUD will only appear in full clarity when looked at by the player, adding a "deeper immersion into the game’s environment."
  • Cover At Gaze – This feature will allow players to look at which cover they want Jensen to head towards during a fight or stealth moment. However, cover at gaze will not launch with the game on August 23 and will be added in a later patch.
Tobii is currently offering a free copy of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to those who buy the $139 USD Tobii EyeX.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom