Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
And the fact that you get extra xp for beating it on the "first try" is worrisome. I'd prefer if a failed attempt forced you to blow open the door instead.
That sounds terrible. It's not like savescumming wasn't encouraged enough as it was.

Other than that, does the XP system seem any better than before?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I admit I laughed when the streamer stuggled to pronounce the password "aphasia".

An ability like that bodes extremely well for their stealth systems.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Don't want to watch. Do takedowns permanently deplete battery power or does that power expenditure recharge too?

Recharges.

I'm hoping the four man auto aim ranged tesla aug uses ammo like the typhoon did at least.

Edit: the recharge rate seems much higher than Human Revolution too.
Edit 2: Typhoon, Tesla and Nanoblades all use ammo. However said ammo can be crafted at any time from the crafting menu. Looks cheap in terms of crafting currency too. Popamole Revolution 1.5.

Lol an 8-pack of Tesla Cartridges costs the same # of generic "crafting parts" to craft as a fucking mine template.

Specifics:

Looks like crafting parts are effectively universal ammo 2.0

Ash

Arcane
Why is "Multitool" hyphenated? It wasn't in the original or Invisible War. Decline! :P

In all seriousness both uses of the word are accepted.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You get 11 Praxis points to spend after the tutorial, and you can immediately max out your invisibility power for 5 points. Low energy consumption and takedowns don't cancel stealth, coupled with the regenerating energy system. Seems a bit unbalanced.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You get 11 Praxis points to spend after the tutorial, and you can immediately max out your invisibility power for 5 points. Low energy consumption and takedowns don't cancel stealth, coupled with the regenerating energy system. Seems a bit unbalanced.

That sounds implausible even for a popamole game. You can't have a Skinner box if you let people max out right at the beginning. Some kind of difficulty level-related thing? Maybe the leaked version is in "reviewer mode"?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Some kind of difficulty level-related thing? Maybe the leaked version is in "reviewer mode"?

This is what he picks at the start:

GoeQKof.png

He then proceeds to breeze through the first 4 hours of the game. Maybe the day 1 patch will fix it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Dishonored was allowed to make you an overpowered demigod right after the first mission, so why can't we?"

Ash

Arcane

It's unbalanced regardless of that, because it is regenerating non-existence mode that hides you from every single threat in the game (or it did in human revolution anyway). But yeah, even for popamole standards giving you a load of praxis right at the start seems a bit much.

Tribal Sarah said:
Is this thing going to be riddled with microtransactions

If their pre-order scheme that was cancelled due to heavy backlash is any indication, yes. They'll probably just pop up one after another post-release.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It looks like the ceiling for your regenerating energy pool is reduced by about 10% of your default total in the moment you activate stealth, but after that it only decreases extremely slowly; maybe 1% every 3 seconds? Takedowns reduce the ceiling by about 15%, but it looks like that can be reduced with praxis points. Without any upgrades, the minimum pool seems just about large enough for one activation of stealth, a few seconds of sneaking, and a stealth takedown. With the various cost reduction upgrades you can probably sneak for a fair amount of time, but the streamer didn't show that.

Is this thing going to be riddled with microtransactions

0ZxsHWk.png

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https://www.deusex.com/news/DXMD-PC-system-specifications

Road to Release
2016-08-11 @ 13:08

Adam Jensen is on his way back, with now less than two weeks before the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided! Here are a few bits of information to get you ready.

PC System Specifications

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7.1 SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
HDD/SSD: 45 GB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
HDD/SSD: 55GB (Including DLC)

On Steam, preloading will begin on Friday, August 19th at 09:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST.
On PlayStation 4, preloading will being on Sunday, August 21st at midnight local time.
If you are on Xbox One, preloading is already available.

High RAM requirements are mostly bullshit. Windows + Steam soaks up 1,4GB on my system. I play a fair amount of hardware intensive games and I never run out of RAM with 6GB in total. It's very rare for a game to even come close to reaching the 32bit limit. VRAM on the other hand is usually maxxed out quickly (3GB on a GTX 780@1920x1200).

Coma White

Educated
It looks like the ceiling for your regenerating energy pool is reduced by about 10% of your default total in the moment you activate stealth, but after that it only decreases extremely slowly; maybe 1% every 3 seconds? Takedowns reduce the ceiling by about 15%, but it looks like that can be reduced with praxis points. Without any upgrades, the minimum pool seems just about large enough for one activation of stealth, a few seconds of sneaking, and a stealth takedown. With the various cost reduction upgrades you can probably sneak for a fair amount of time, but the streamer didn't show that.

0ZxsHWk.png

Is this just for preorder shit? Or can you just flat-out spend real money on weapons, etc?

Ash

Arcane

Doesn't matter. The cap stops decreasing at about 20%, as in you'll always regenerate to a minimum of 20% energy.
//Oh right, you did essentially say that.

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Doesn't matter. The cap stops decreasing at about 20%, as in you'll always regenerate to a minimum of 20% energy.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "minimum pool".

Is this just for preorder shit? Or can you just flat-out spend real money on weapons, etc?

No idea, the DLC servers are obviously not online yet.

Ash

Arcane
"Yeah, that's what I meant by "minimum pool"."

Yep, just noticed a minute ago, my bad.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Now that I think of it, the fact that a purchased item can only be applied one time to a single save game indicates pretty strongly that MD wants you to repeatedly buy in-game items for cash.

Ash

Arcane
Definitely. Look at all the items in the "storage": ammo, parts, grenades, even credit chits, in addition to the labelled pre order crap. They wouldn't go to the trouble of all that work making this comprehensive DLC system just for the pre-order stuff alone.

On the bright side, at least it seems you cannot place stuff into "storage" to be able to carry more than the default inventory allows. You can only buy and transfer out of it at first glance. They'll probably add that at some point though and sell storage space as microtransactions.

Obviously this was forced on the game by the publisher, and as much as I don't like Eidos Montreal's approach to DX design I do respect their passion, so I feel bad their game has to be tainted in such a way. It's things like this that damage artistic integrity and the overall quality of the art almost as much as intentionally making dumb-accessible-for-all works do.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Most Squeenix DLC is trivial shit you can simply ignore. Hey what did I spell incorrectly?!?

Ash

Arcane
The only DLC I ever bought that consisted entirely of exclusive in-game items was New Vegas' Gun Runner's Arsenal, and it was fucking awesome.

-No OP shit. Balanced implementation. Sawyer's zen is underrated.
-Guns aren't all just given to you at the start, in fact they have to be bought in-game, increasing the value of bottlecaps and increasing the fun.
-The DLC was dirt cheap and added ~100 new guns/weapon mods. Excellent value for money.

Surprised Bethesda allowed Obsidian to make a nice non-milking, good value for money DLC like that.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I learned three things from skimming over the stream:

.) The game is a lazy Akane "smart-FPS/sim" type wannabe made for lazy people. Didn't work out well with Thi4f, doesn't work here either.
.) Nigger gamers are dumb as toast.
.) Music will be really gud though. Looking forward to Day 1 Rip.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Edit 2: Typhoon, Tesla and Nanoblades all use ammo. However said ammo can be crafted at any time from the crafting menu. Looks cheap in terms of crafting currency too. Popamole Revolution 1.5.
Fucking crafting?

Send in the meteors, gaming is done.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hmmmm the balance does look worrying. Hope they fix this

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom