Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex 1 & 2

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If DX is not an RPG, there are no RPG's.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaedar said:
If DX is not an RPG, there are no RPG's.

THEN I GUESS THERE ARE NO RPGS

EXCEPT SUPER MARIO RPG I MEAN COME ON ITS IN THE TITLE

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I wish I had played Dues Ex 2 after I finished Duex Ex 1 last year when I was in the mode but all you faggots kept saying not to. Now I feel like playing it but I would have to play through 1 again to get to the butt juice of it.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Imbecile said:
Reject_666_6 said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Jaesun said:
Dicksmoker said:
Suchy said:
Actually Deus Ex has more RPG elements than some of the "real" RPGs. Good story, C&C, skills that matter. DX1 is fucking awesome, while DX2 is not bad. It's just shit when compared to the original.
This.

Yeah. DX2 gets a lot of hate, but its fairly decent, though sadly not a patch on the first.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Deus Ex 2, as others have said, is massively underrated. It's not nearly as good as the first, mostly due to criminally tiny and cramped levels, but is still a pretty good game regardless. I actually thought the storyline, with no clear badguys or goodguy, was actually an improvement in some areas.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Chaotic Lulz3r said:
Imbecile said:
Reject_666_6 said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Jaesun said:
Dicksmoker said:
Suchy said:
Actually Deus Ex has more RPG elements than some of the "real" RPGs. Good story, C&C, skills that matter. DX1 is fucking awesome, while DX2 is not bad. It's just shit when compared to the original.
This.

Yeah. DX2 gets a lot of hate, but its fairly decent, though sadly not a patch on the first.

Hey mang why didn't you quote me? :(

J1M

Arcane
POOPERSCOOPER said:
I wish I had played Dues Ex 2 after I finished Duex Ex 1 last year when I was in the mode but all you faggots kept saying not to. Now I feel like playing it but I would have to play through 1 again to get to the butt juice of it.
No. This is a stupid comment. You are stupid for saying it and we are all stupider for reading it.

J1M

Arcane
Has anyone else watched the video of that guy from the planetdeusex forums complete Deus Ex without using weapons, skills, augs, or anything that goes in your inventory? Pretty amazing that it was possible.

I started a similar run for Deus Ex 2. Currently in Egypt.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
No augs or skills? That's impressive. I did a no weapons run through once in DX2 but I still used biomods, and DX2 is considerably shorter/easier than DX1.

Elwro said:
And don't play DX 2 if you haven't played DX 1 yet.

No. Play DX2 first because it can be marginally good if you don't know beforehand how shitty it is in comparison. Its actually a decent shooter with light RPG'ness.

J1M

Arcane
ScottishMartialArts said:
No augs or skills? That's impressive. I did a no weapons run through once in DX2 but I still used biomods, and DX2 is considerably shorter/easier than DX1.
And nothing that goes in the inventory. No multitools, health packs, etc. Keys and credits are ok because they don't take up inventory slots. His run-through involves a lot of stealth and some clever use of throwing TNT crates. (Since they don't go in the inventory it's one of the few ways he can cause an explosion.)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Overweight Manatee said:
Elwro said:

No. Play DX2 first because it can be marginally good if you don't know beforehand how shitty it is in comparison. Its actually a decent shooter with light RPG'ness.
Except that there are massive spoilers.

Dicksmoker said:
Overweight Manatee said:
Elwro said:

I've never really cared about spoilers. The point of playing is to experience the journey, not to know the end result.

J1M

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Dicksmoker said:
Overweight Manatee said:
Elwro said:

I've never really cared about spoilers. The point of playing is to experience the journey, not to know the end result.
But since the story revolves around conspiracy theories and finding out new information about the people and groups entangled with them, it is a big deal.

This isn't like someone telling you that luke is going to kill vader. It's like someone telling you it's his dad before you watch the first movie. It will fundamentally change the experience. I don't know why you would even take the remote chance of ruining that for yourself when the product we are talking about is near or at the very top of almost everyone's "best ever" lists.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have never (Willingly) played Oblivion. I have NO desire. It is Shit. Banal. Boring.

Due to my......job... I have had to play it, and played the beginning parts and just face palmed the entire time. What a fucking awful piece of shit.

Anyways... still curious what Skyway defines as an RPG. r00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom